Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Silk Therapy for hair?

I'm curious to see if any of you ladies use silk therapy in your hair? such as chi or biosilk?
I few months ago I bought a hair straightner and the woman at the store gave me little samples of chi and biosilk silk therapy serum for my hair. Well I totally forgot them until a couple days ago, and I've been putting the serum in my hair before I blow dry. I find the chi serum works better, makes hair much softer.
so my Q is, does anyone use these products frequently? and does it actually work over time, for damaged hair and such....
I'm considering buying a big bottle of silk therapy and it's a little expensive, so I just want to make sure it's worth it.
Thanks.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #2  

I haven't tried it yet, but my stylist is getting some samples of chi for me the next time she goes to state.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/210.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Silk amino acids are great to use on the hair, skin, even your eyelashes to make them longer and thicker. I know several ladies who order silk amino acids online and then add them to their favorite hair products.

I used to use the CHI line when my hair was colored, and I loved it.
Chemgirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I use the Chi when I blow dry my hair...and if I straighten it. I like it. I like the feel of it and I feel the difference in my hair. It protects pretty well. When I go to the salon they use alot of heat on my hair...blow dryer...hair dryer....straigtener and I dont see damage from that. Anyway, I also use Paul Mitchell super skinny serum when I am hot curling my hair.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I use the Biosilk and like it. I have pretty long hair so people seem to always feel the need to touch it and I always get "OMG your hair is SO SOFT."
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

I used BioSilk for years and then I forgot about it. I need to go back to using it, as I loved the feel of my hair after using it. My hair is coarse enough that it tangles up in the back, and BioSilk helped with that problem.

Thank you for asking this question, because I'm putting BioSilk back on my shopping list!
Debala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:18 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debala View Post
I used BioSilk for years and then I forgot about it. I need to go back to using it, as I loved the feel of my hair after using it. My hair is coarse enough that it tangles up in the back, and BioSilk helped with that problem.

Thank you for asking this question, because I'm putting BioSilk back on my shopping list!

Haha, glad I could help!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #8  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Default biosilk

I LOVE Farouk Silk Therapy and the shampoos & conditioners. My hair is all the better for using them! (Hint: you can buy the Sally's Beauty Supply version of Silk Therapy and it's just as good as the name brand.) The only other product I would consider using on my hair is Aveda.
Just my 2 cents.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #9  

I used to use Biosilk but it's kinda expensive. Now I use SoSilk silk drops. I got them at HEB but I'm sure you can get it in pretty much any drug store or superstore. For me it works the same way and I couldn't tell the difference.

Also there are plenty of hair serums out there that work like Biosilk. Citreshine makes one, I think. So does Pantene.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberShimmer View Post
I used to use Biosilk but it's kinda expensive. Now I use SoSilk silk drops. I got them at HEB but I'm sure you can get it in pretty much any drug store or superstore. For me it works the same way and I couldn't tell the difference.

Also there are plenty of hair serums out there that work like Biosilk. Citreshine makes one, I think. So does Pantene.

The stuff from BioSilk is a silk protein that actually absorbs into your hair. The drug store stuff just coats you hair and is made from silicone or something. I find it makes my hair feel the same but leaves a HORRIBLE residue on my flat iron that does not come off. I think there is maybe a $10 difference in the price of BioSilk but I think it is totally worth it, I ruined a lot of flat irons from the drug store stuff. I use such a small amount a $15 bottle of BioSilk last me about 5-6 months.

For me though, I used to be a hair product alcoholic and was always buying stuff from the drug store and spending a lot trying to find something I liked. Now I just have 2-4 products from the salon that work better and I actually like.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #11  

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a big bottle of Chi serum tomorrow I didn't use it today and my hair still feels incredibly soft after 1 day of use thanks for the suggestions guys.