Old 09-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

Default How do you make LAWL work without the COD?

As mentioned before, my COD (and all local ones) are closing. I tried before to do it myself and fell flat on my face. The reason it worked before (for me) was the meeting face to face with someone over the scale. I don't know that their advice really helped, it was just checking in with someone who I had paid and being accountable. I have asked my sister to be an accountability person for me. For those of you who have had to "go it alone" do you have any more advice?
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #2  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

This really has to be something you want, you have to have the commitment to yourself and the program, since this isn't a diet, but a life change in your eating habits.

I had support of a center for about 3 1/2 months before they closed on me (I was on a 112 week schedule), so I had to go it alone. It helps that my parents were doing the plan and getting close to stabilization when their center closed, so I had that support and knowledge base, which you can get here too. I made an excell spreadsheet and posted my goal thermometer, which showed how close I was to goal (I am in the 80% there range right now). I tracked everything, food, weight, measurements, etc. I really made myself anal about it, but it is working. I have about 20 more lbs to my goal, which means I have lost about 113 lbs to date (a couple of those lbs more than once, but we all have life and we learn how to live it the way we can).

I didn't need the accountability, I am hard enough on myself, I needed the structure, so I built those walls, bridges, and buildings to give me what I needed. There are places where you can do WIs. Some offices have weight loss groups that you can join. There are TOPS organizations in a lot of places and they are supposed to be a support group that you can use and WI weekly with them. Look around, join challenges, get a weight loss / workout buddy, anything you need to keep you going. It is all out there, some of it is right here.

Last edited by krjpy; 09-12-2008 at 11:07 AM.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

The part I always wondered is how do you do stabilization without a cod? From what my center said there is no real formula to stabilization..
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #4  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

I have cards that walk you through each week of stabilization from before my center closed. You add certain types back on each week and monitor yourself as you do it to make sure your weight is not flucuating too much
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Kelly. Your progress is truly inspiring.
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 283.4/251.6/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to be going it alone come October. I've hit my 20 pound milestone, but I've still got just under 130 to go. I know which plan I have to be on when I lose 30 pounds... Then I'm REALLY going to need this forum!
KatDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #7  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

I decided to do the TOPS thing as I wanted the accountability and the weigh ins. I also like the organization too. And it budget friendly. I thought about WW but I personally don't do well with their points system and I didn't want to have to pay $14 a week just to get weighed. So far its working out good for me but everyone is different. I don't do as well if I don't have someone to actually face on the other side of a scale I guess LOL
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote