Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #1  

Default Bistro MD or Jenny Craig???

After doing a little more research, I'm wondering what the differences are in these two programs? And what are the cost differences?

I know that Jenny Craig offers support... is it cheaper? How does the food compare?

Can anyone give me any insight to either/both of these programs? I'm looking to lose about 100 lbs.

Thank you!
MotoXMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 AM   #2  
klc

I'm on BistroMD and absolutely love it, but haven't tried JC frozen. I did a price summary post a few weeks back of the 'heavy hitters' in the national meal delivery game. It may help you out

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149760
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #3  

Default Bistro "7" day and "free" meal

Hi everyone, This is my first visit and I should be getting my first delivery of Bistro tomorrow. I also got my first weekly email that talked about "my night". After reading this email from them, I called to learn that "my night" was actually a night that there is no Bistro Dinner and you are on your own. I ordered the 7 day plan, which clearly states 7 breakfasts lunches AND dinners. and they weekely and daily price calculations are also based on 7 dinners. Not only does their sign up link say 7 of everything, but so did my order confirmation. So when I contacted CS they told me " Yes that does mean that you get 6 dinners with the full 7 day plan. We have found that most people either have plans to eat out at least once a week or they would like to make something on their own and then they have meals piling up in the freezer. So on the 7 day plan you get 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners. " They had someone else contact me when I said, I paid for seven, I want seven. That person emailed this,"I can go ahead and send you the extra dinner each week so you have a total of 7 dinners. Have you ordered yet I could not find you in our system. If you have not ordered yet then call us to order or email me once you have placed your order onling with your name, order number and that you need the 7th dinner. This will only be for our 7 day programs. " Bear in mind I had ordered and sent a copy of my order. I haven't heard back yet. My first delivery should be here tomorrow. Made it sound like they were doing me a favor. I hope the food is as good as everyone says it is.

Looking forward to no shopping, no cooking, and little clean up! Yippee.

Susan
goweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #4  
klc

Susan, did you get your food? Feel free to come join us on the Bistro buddies thread
-Kathy
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:44 AM   #5  
banned

BistroMD, all the way. ;-)
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote