WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 09-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/161/140

Height: 5"8

Default Out of curiousity...

What Weight Watchers plan is everyone on and how much have you lost in what space of time.
Ive only been twice to get weighed, never stayed for the meeting cos my friend wanted to leave quick.
Whats it like? Do you get inspired or is it a waste of money as i was going to start it again tomorow?
Dark Angel Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

When I was successful with WW, I lost 62lbs or nearly 4½ stone in 14 months. Personally I found it a really good rate of loss and I maintained that for nearly 3 years (I put it back on for other reasons, not because WW doesn't work).

If you have a really great meeting, they can be fun, inspirational, open, full of learning new things or just finding that people out there have the same issues or challenges as you. I LOVED my meetings. I even went for most of the time I was maintaining.

I have since moved and not found another meeting yet (due to time issues, etc) so I'm doing it online. I have never found WW to be a waste of money.

Just my two cents.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hiya Jade!

I've been a Flex Plan member for about 16 months, and it's taken that long to lose 100lbs. And I'm happy saying that I can see myself at a WW meeting once a week for the rest of my life.

If you're paying to get weighed in, I urge you to stay for the meetings, and not to bring friends along who want you to leave quick. The problem with friends, is that they aren't always in the same frame of mind that we are. I started going with a friend who decided she didn't want to go anymore. I didn't stop. I'm at those meetings for me, and me alone. I find all the in-person support I need at my meetings.

The meetings are... inspirational, grounding, affirming, and supportive. Sometimes they're cheesy, yes. But, the people and the right leader can make all the difference in the world. There's usually some sort of health lesson, either about struggles, or points, or tactics for staying OP. They celebrate people's losses, and help those among us who are having difficulties. It's great to be in a group of people who are able to offer their advice when times are tough. And no meeting is better than one that I go to after a tough week... no meeting is better than the one I go to after I feel angry at myself for slipping. They bring me back to reality, and give me focus. Each week is a little boost, a little reminder, I'm not alone.

Make a commitment to go for a couple of meetings. Just to get a feel for them. They're worth every penny to me.

Last edited by Lovely; 09-04-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i enjoy the meetings, so much in fact i look forward to going every single week, i started going Oct.11, 2007 and in almost a year i've only missed one meeting (i was sick). it helps i suppose, having an awesome leader, which i am blessed to have. she is very motivational and inspiring.

for me the meetings are theraputic. something about having all those people around you cheering you on, and visa versa.

i suppose if i had to do it without the meeting, i could do it, but as long as that tool is available to me, i intend to take full advantage of it. for me it is absolutely worth every single penny

good luck to you,
tiff
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/161/140

Height: 5"8

Just reading those messages has put me in a better mood and made me more positive about going

The friend i went with was actually the one who suggested the group to me as she had lost 2 stone , sorry...just over 28lbs with it and got past her mark. She encouraged me to go but when i got there she started saying how its a waste of time, they say the same things every week etc and got really huffy and bored.
Im thinking just because she got past her goal she should still be supportive. I thrive on a social environment, especially when there are others in the same boat.
That one was near her house though. Im going to try one near me. I might even meet some locals
My goal is to hopefully shift my last 28lbs by late november on my birthday, but ive got to the stage where im going to do it slowly and at my own pace rather than worrying about keeping up with others.
Congrats on losing the weight that you have and maintaining it or your positive attitudes. And thanks cos they have rubbed off on me

xxx

Last edited by Dark Angel Jade; 09-04-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Dark Angel Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I do it at home (no meetings and no online). I just didn't have the cash and still don't. I have found great succes with the help of some friends who did attend meetings. I started April 7, 2008, at 184 pounds and today I weigh 145 pounds.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel Jade View Post
She encouraged me to go but when i got there she started saying how its a waste of time, they say the same things every week etc and got really huffy and bored.
Im thinking just because she got past her goal she should still be supportive. I thrive on a social environment, especially when there are others in the same boat.
I know someone who got to their goal on WW and stopped going as well, because they got bored with the same messages being given... (They ended up gaining back the 20lbs they lost... but that's a different lesson) So, I should warn that, yes, after a certain point some messages do get repeated. But, honestly, I'm not there for the health message, really. I'm there for the people there. And that fun group aura. It's a positive experience!

It sounds like you might find the meetings very useful!

One other tip about meetings, not that you won't like your leader, but if you find that you aren't connecting with your leader or group, try other times! It's important to find a leader that fits your style.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I did stop going after I reached lifetime membership. I did maintain my loss for the past year though. I also got tired of hearing the same thing over and over. And I only became friends with a couple of people in the group, who are also lifetime members now and go sparingly. I still keep in touch with them through email. I did, at least until I got pregnant, still use the e-Tools on the WW site and 3FC for my support!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote