Old 09-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hi Everyone!!
I am brand new and of course I have some questions. I am allowed 20 points...does anyone recommend staggering these points from day to day or should I eat 20 points a day?

Thanks,
Heidi
heidz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Heidi!

to the WW Flex area ^_^

You're given 20 points a day, and then there's the 35 weekly points, too.

The 20 Points is your daily minimum. They're you're base points. And you should strive to eat each & every last one of them. (It shouldn't be that difficult!)

The 35 weekly points are yours to do with what you want. You may add a few points to each day. You may eat them if you have a special dinner one night a week. You may also choose to not eat any of them. It's up to you! (I usually don't recommend not eating them, though...)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Yep, always eat your 20 each day - those do not vary. The 35 are yours to do with as you please. I usually eat all mine over the course of a weekend, though some weeks I manage to save some to spread evenly throughout the week.

It's really trial and error to find out what works best for you. Try it a couple different ways. There is no real "right" way to do it, just make sure you are at least eating 20 each day!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #4  

What do you girls usually eat for those 35 points? Also, if it says that vegetables are 0 points and you eat alot of them....do you usually count those as points?
heidz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidz1234 View Post
What do you girls usually eat for those 35 points? Also, if it says that vegetables are 0 points and you eat alot of them....do you usually count those as points?
The 35 Points: Anything I want. If I want a bigger piece of chicken... If I want a little dessert... If I'm going out for a restaurant dinner and I know I'm going to need some more points.

Vegetables: Most vegetables are 0 points. I do not count points for vegetables that are 0 points if I have more than one serving. (Broccoli & carrots to name a couple.) However, be careful because some 'vegetables' are points and must be counted. (Corn, potatoes, peas...just to name a few.)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Heidz -

I agree with the above posters that you definitely need to eat your 20 base points. I try not to use all of my extra 35 points, but it seems I always find myself at a birthday party or barbecue on the weekends. I tend to use them at social functions or when I go out to eat. When I first started WW, I tried to stay at my allotted points while going out to eat. That is hard for me. So that's when I use them, maybe for Mandarin spicy chicken at a Chinese restaurant or some greasy fair food at a state fair. I love it, because after being good all week, I allow myself a little something non-diety like a corn dog or a little slice of tiramasu from my favorite deli. I know one thing, I never use my 35 for vegis! I would love to, but I am just not wired that way. I don't count 0 vegis no matter how many of them I eat -- I wish I could do that for fruit. Now the dressing, that's a different story.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote