Old 08-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #1  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Default It finally happened...

Nevermind the fact that I am on hold until January because of my pregnancy, BUT I got a call this week saying that my COD will be closed for good as of Sept. 26th. I kinda new it was coming when corporate bought them out earlier this year. So they gave me a package to start "LA on the GO" after the baby is born. I will talk with a counselor on the phone once a week for 15 minutes. Im really nervous about it. Good thing I can still come on here for support, but I really liked having the COD face-to-face accountablity. Anyone else doing this program online, and how has it worked for you?
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I'm getting wierd feelings about my COD as well. Last month the 2 regular girls left and the only one left was the manager... yesterday I found out that the manager's last day is tomorrow. She did mention a few months ago that they are Corporate owned now and there have been visitors from corporate almost every week she said due to the fact that they are understaffed.

I hope this can drag out until I've finished stabilization... I'm so close to goal I can taste it!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ see ticker / 277

Sorry about the bad news, but have they said anything about how those who didn't buy lites up front can get their lites? Especially if they don't have the money to buy them before the center closes?
MACGlossChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If you feel that you need "in-person" support, you might consider a TOPS chapter if there's one in your area (you can form your own chapter too, with as few as three people, I think). In TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) you can follow any plan you wish, though the plan they specifically endorse is an exchange plan (available in the Choice is Mine book, or for free on the tops.org website).

If you do join it's $24 a year for national dues (going up a dollar or two in January I think) which includes a monthly magazine and then the monthy dues to the chapter (usually under $5 a month, my chapter charges $3).

I'm not trying to be pushy, I just LOVE my TOPS group and like to give it a shameless plug whenever I can, because it's a non-profit and doesn't do any national advertising, word of mouth is the only way to get the word out.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:02 AM   #5  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

They are being really great about making sure everyone gets their lites. She just got 120 cases in this week to make sure everyone gets them. They are also selling them for $8 a box.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/173/140

Height: 5ft. 8

JulieZ--

I'm also in TX, and I just found out the my center is supposed to close. I should have known this was coming because when I started about 6-7 weeks ago I didn't get some of the brochures, etc. that you get when you start. They had been photocopied. I kept hearing "they are overnighting that, it will be here next week....", but I never saw any of it. My center also has NEVER called to check on me. I found out from a friend that went to weigh in that the center will only be open 1/2 a day 3 days a week, and then will eventually close. Well, I work the 3 days they'll be open. Don't know what I'm going to do.....I paid a lot of money for their support, but I get A LOT more support here...and it's free!!! Hope your center stays open!!!

Missy
txmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #7  

I had a big scare this weekend, my sister in law called me, she went to weigh in and no one was there! Friday was the manager's last day and I was thinking "I KNEW IT!"... but I went by there later and it was open. I talked to the girl that was "filling in from corporate" and she said that she got there and went out back to check on her car and got locked out! She talked to my sister in law also, but my SIL didn't call me back to let me know.

I really hope they stay open, its become part of my routine to weigh and measure, to talk about my success or lack thereof... I like that occasionally there are visitors there with some really helpful information... They have gotten a few of the big success stories out of this location, so I hope that will have something to do with them sticking around.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/165/120

Height: 5'6

Careful Julie . Watch for other signs to go with the managers leaving. Thats what happened at our center. The manager left and a corporate lady came in "to fill in" and a week later they went to 3 half days a week open . After that I think it was about 2 weeks and they closed down. Ask questions look for file cabinets from the back disappearing. Lites and such supplies being low. If you have any lites that they owe you pick them up and the bars can be frozen. Vitamins and such as long as kept in a cool dry place have quite a long shelf life. Not sure on the drinks and things as far as shelf life time . Oh and the drawers for the paperwork to get started (plan books.diaries ect) seem to be very low on supplies also. Good luck to you !
I don't miss my center much as they were always getting new people and they were pushy as all get to have me something. Ebay is a much better shopping experience and a whole lot cheaper.
LoisKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #9  

Thanks Lois, I will keep an eye out! They did ask me to enter a drawing by submitting a homemade 25 second commercial of my success, but the entry form was photocopied...
Old 09-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/115/150

Height: 5'4"

Julie, i hope for your sake the center stays open. All of the centers around me closed at least a year+ ago. I am trying to get back into the program on my own. That's why I am hoping to find a lot of support on these boards.

Betsy
betsy p is offline   Reply With Quote