General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-31-2008, 04:52 PM   #1  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Default a good laugh

This was a short excerpt sent to me in a forward. I had a pretty good laugh from it. Just wanted to share the fun.

"Oh, no!" he gasped as he surveyed the disaster before him. Never in his 40 years of life had he seen anything like it. How anyone could have survived he did not know.

He could only hope that somewhere amid the overwhelming destruction he would find his 16-year- old son. Only the slim hope of finding Danny kept him from turning and fleeing the scene. He took a deep breath and proceeded.

Walking was virtually impossible with so many things strewn across his path. He moved ahead slowly. "Danny! Danny!" he whispered. He tripped and almost fell several times. He heard someone, or something, move. At least he thought he did. Perhaps he was just hoping he did. He shook his head and felt his gut tighten.

He couldn't understand how this could have happened. There was some light, but not enough to see clearly. Something cold and wet brushed against his hand. He jerked it away. In desperation, he took another step and then cried out, "Danny!"

From a nearby pile of unidentified material, he heard his son. "Yes, Dad," he said, in a voice so weak it could barely be heard.

"It's time to get up and get ready for school," the man sighed. "And for heaven's sake, clean up this room!"
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Love It!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote