General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 AM   #1  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Default I'm getting my first ipod today

im getting a 16gb ipod touch, trading in an old mobile phone for it, not a bad deal huh!!

so anyway, can anyone recommend any good podcasts, or give me some tips for getting the most out of itunes and the ipod itself?

thanks!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I don't have any good advice..just enjoy. Its great...you can "copy" and move different songs into differnt files. I have one specifically for running (ie high beat fast songs) and one for yoga or stretching (slow relaxing). Also, if your feet fit into nike (mine don't...too wide). Nike makes a great thing that works with the ipod and it logs your miles (if you are a runner). I haven't gotten into the podcasts yet...but i should. We just installed a radio in the car that has an ipod adapter...i should see if i can learn Italian in 2 wks LOL (that's when im leaving for italy....hmmm maybe i'll check that out tonight. ENjoy....i LOVEEEEEEEEEEE My ipod
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/206/150

Height: 5'6

I got my i pod touch for Christmas and love it. I always have it with me. I haven't found pod casts I like, but I have tons of music and TV shows. That way I can rock out at the gym or catch up on HIMYM.
danemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Jazzercise! A great podcast!

I got my Ipod Touch for my 40th birthday in June. It's really a lot of fun.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #5  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Ohhhh Ipod, how I miss you so! My boyfriends Jeep managed to shatter my poor baby - still saving up for a new one!

If you were ever interested in the Couch to 5 K there's a great podcast for that, too. Be sure to make lots of playlists. They're really easy. It's all just "drag and drop". There's a fun game you can play too where it plays a several second long clip of a song and you have multiple choice options to pick. It's entertaining for the first few minutes you're bored out of your mind!

Enjoy the new toy, Paula!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Can the iPod touch use all the cool apps of the iPhone? I highly recommend the following applications (in the Apps section of iTunes):

Shazam (free) - Completely awesome music identifier. Click the app, click Tag, hold the speaker side of the phone up to the music, 30 seconds later, the song is identified and there's a link to itunes where you can automatically buy the song. The tags are saved, so you can go back and buy them later. It works GREAT - I identified a song off the TV last night during a scene in the Ghost Whisperer. I also kept "testing" songs during So You Think You Can Dance and it found every one of them.

Magic 8 Ball (either free or 99 cents, I can't remember) - ask a question, shake the phone, touch the 8 ball to reveal the answer. Works just like a real magic 8 ball except I can customize answers. Hilarious.

Restaurants (free) - nutritional info for lots of chains

Newsfeeds (all free) - Netnewswire, Mobile News, Express, VSnax, NYTimes and JAMD. JAMD is exceptionally cool because it gives "piles" of Getty images that you can sort through with your fingers.

BoxOffice (free) - put in my zip code one time, now I can see all the movie theatres in a 20 mile radius, movies/showtimes/rotten tomatoes ratings for each movie.

Tomatoes (free) - look up any movie, get a brief (one paragraph) Rotten Tomatoes synopsis with score.

Recorder - turn your phone into a digital voice recorder

Pandora (free) - play Pandora over the phone. Only drawback, works like an app and cuts off when you do anything else on the phone. Wish it worked more like the iPod function so I could listen to music in the background.

WeDict (free) - dictionary

iScopes (free) - daily horoscope

Units (.99 cents) - measurement conversions

Tip$ (free) - calculates tip, splits checks

Vicinity (2.99?) - based on your GPS, shows everything around you (restaurants, banks, gas stations, etc).

Cocktails (9.99 - I couldn't resist) - enter any drink, recipe displays, beautiful format/layout/appearance

Motion Poker (4.99) - a really cool game involving physically shaking the iphone to shake dice. Gorgeous graphics, beautiful design, you can unlock all sorts of extras. Kept me entertained for an hour while waiting for Batman to start.

Phone Saber (free) - totally silly, your phone makes light saber noises when you wave it around

Bubblewrap (free) - goofy but satisfying, pop a piece of bubblewrap
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I love my touch. I'm on it right now (laptop is being repaired) and if I didn't have it, I'd be Internet-less until next week! A guy I'm dating has the iPhone and I'll ask him about the apps. I know you can use the online iphone apps because they have them bookmarked for us. I downloaded the map/weather feature upgrade back in January for $20 and of course now they are offering that upgrade + a new one for $10! Grrr.

I don't have any weight loss/exercise related podcasts, I've just made an exercise playlist.

Anyone jailbreak their touch? I'm considering it.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I get the following podcasts through the iTunes store (they are all free):

PODRUNNER (has a new exercise music mix every week)
*Discovery News
*Discovery Channel Video Podcasts
*Wierd Week
*Dilbert
*Comedy Central: Standup
*Gadget Pr0n
*GeekBrief.TV

Items marked with an * are video feeds.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote