Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 11:15 PM   #1  

Default Buncha losers (3-23 & beyond)

This is a swell (not swelling) buncha gals with a common goal . To lose a buncha weight & have fun & comradery while doing it . Join in , all welcome .

Last edited by kathleen61; 03-23-2002 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2002, 11:28 PM   #2  

Hey everybody .

Good job Marion . Lauren , 1/2 a pound gain is pretty darn good after your post about food & pms . I have a feeling you didn't really eat as much as you thought . Dora , guess what ? I found my disney stuff tonight . LOL .

I lost 1 & 1/2 pound unexpectedly . I think , I too , overestimated how much I actually ate . My helper job is going well & i'm starting to get more relaxed . I hope it's worth it to the leader . My custody date is looming closer & i'm getting nervous . The mother called groveling . I bet the pro-bono lawyer she got told her she wouldn't win .

Have a great week . Kathy
Old 03-24-2002, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Default Gonna join in

I've been dropping by this forum the past several months and impressed by the way you support each other.

My weigh in is on Saturdays and for the 3rd week in a row I've stayed the same. Intellectually I know this can be normal but it really is too early for a plateau so I'm getting discouraged. This is my second go round at WW and I was able to lose 40 lbs first go round. I rejoined in Jan 2002 and results have been less than stellar.

So, before I do too much damage (dinner at Wendy's last nite - and I don't mean a baked potato!) and begin my pity party... I'm going to join in here to help keep me motivated and hopefully I can help someone else too.

Thanks for 'listening'..

Last edited by soh2000; 03-24-2002 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:17 AM   #4  

Hey all!
Dora, the cool max socks do work as do the shorts that pull wettness away from the body. But when you walk in the pouring rain for more than 4 hours with out a poncho there is no part of your body that isn't wet. I finally stopped at a grocery store along the route and bought a poncho. You might want to consider the tight shorts to wear under baggy shorts to cut down on chaffing b/c we had people of all sizes who had chaffing.

Hope this week is a losing week for all. Stay strong, and for some reason a saying I read in book when I was younger keeps coming to mind this morning...."A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips".

mystery
Old 03-26-2002, 04:06 AM   #5  

Hi all ,

Welcome soh2000 , do you go by an easier to remember name ? I'm really sorry you're having a tough time . The only thing I can suggest is double check your journal . You may be cutting down too low on your points , which can make you stay the same . I was really sick for over 4 weeks with a blocked bile duct & barely ate anything . I barely lost anything either . Your body goes into self preservation mode . Make sure you drink alot of water & don't eliminate all fats . You need fats to keep your body running smoothly . Do you exercise ? & do as I say , not as I did tonight . if you need to "cheat" , eat a candybar , not a whole bag of easter candy .

Mystery , good advice on the shorts . Not that I know anything about marathons , or walk-a-thons , but , I have read about it . Besides sox , they also sell shorts that stay dry . I've seen them in Junonia catalog . I'm sure (I hope) you could find them cheaper somewhere else .

I'll sure be glad when all my current stuff ends . I got part of the finacial stuff solved for my grandchildren taken care of today . Now just the custody hearings & daycare to get through .

TTFN . Kathy
Old 03-27-2002, 12:13 PM   #6  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Welcome, SOH! I've decided that cosmic forces conspire in the winter to keep us from losing weight. That's certainly been my experience. I lose much better in the summer, for whatever reason. My advice: stick with it, minimize the damage, and hang on. Also, I lost my first 40 pound relatively quickly; the next 43 or so have been *much* slower.

Mystery, I need a quote like that for my tummy instead. My hips are fine (relatively speaking); it's my abodmen that's a mess. "One moment of 'YUMMY!'; forever on the tummy."

Kathy, when is the custody hearing? You're doing great, especially considering all you've got going on.

I'm stumbling along, still playing with the same couple of pounds. I'm within points; I'm writing it down; I'm exercising. So it's got to be WINTER that's causing this, right? Either that or I need to eat at the lower end of my points. It's easier to just blame winter.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/191/189 by April 17
Old 03-29-2002, 10:26 AM   #7  

Breakthrough, whoohoo!!!!!!!Finally I manged to leave the 240's and make it 239.5. Big deal for me b/c I have been stuck at 242 or fluctuating as high 247 for two months. I feel like singing, but wait I am at work can't do that. My mom is my biggest cheerleader. I beginning to think I have to eat at the low end of my points that is when I lose.

Hope all is well with everyone.........Dora how goes the 3-training. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. Don't forget to take a blister kit and plenty of socks.

Mystery
Old 03-29-2002, 11:13 PM   #8  

hey All ,

Lauren , I think winter is the all time worst time of the year for me . There isn't enough to occupy my mind or hands . You'd think folding laundry would be enough . Comfort food is more tempting as well . The custody hearing is this coming thursday . I don't know what to expect . The mother may or may not show . Her boyfriend left a snotty message for my son today . saying he needed the address of the judge , & court . It sounded as if my son had agreed to get him the imfo . That imfo was in the documents . So I don't know what's up with that . I can picture Jenni asking for the imfo & Chris saying , "yeah , ok" & not planning to do it . Rather than saying no .

Mystery good job ! I really envy you right now . I can't seem to stick to it right now . But soon the weather should get better & outside i'll be .

Oh , Dora , where are you ?
Old 04-03-2002, 07:34 AM   #9  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Good going, Mystery! Love those milestones.

Kathy, sometimes just holding it together is a major victory. Let us know how that hearing goes; I'm thinking about you.

After four months and only 10 pounds down (which is better than I've done in previous winters), I dropped 4 yesterday which helped me nail my anniversary goal 2 weeks early! So I'm finally in the 180s. To celebrate, I went to the store last night and tried on a pair of size 16 pants -- and they fit! Well, at least they zipped. I don't know that I'd try to sit down in them yet!

Hang in there, everyone, and let us know how it's going.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/188/189 by April 17 -- made my goal! 86 pounds down!
Old 04-03-2002, 10:14 AM   #10  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy Howdy ALL!!

I'M HERE! I'M HERE!

Man is life chaotic here! I'm taking a "MentalHealthDay" off from work. Too many little details left undone and driving me nuts.
On the upside, I''ve raised the minimum $$ for the walk participation - Hooray! And I've finally motivated myself to resume walking -three days in a row! But I also got late notices on my bills and my health insurance appears to be cancelled cause I didn't take the time to sit down and make out the checks!!!
As soon as I finish this letter, I'm going to spend major bucks at the grocery store. Got back from California on the 18th of March and STILL haven't made it to the store. Ceptin those "hit & runs" for milk and bread. My yard is a disaster, my pool is trying to go green, and my darling brother from Virginia called at 6:00am last Monday to say he was driving thru here on his way to my folks for Easter and could he and his family stay the night?! Yikes! Can you even imagine what my house looked like after planning and packing for a ten day trip to CA and going to work immediately after returning? I pulled it together and enjoyed the visit, but took a day off last week to be with them instead of taking care of my stuff. Agh.
After all this, I still do not see how single moms cope. I'm gonna go out of my way to be of more service to others in similar situations.

At the same time, my poor daughter has reached the "corpulent" stage. She is often short of breath, yet refuses to see that exercise has any benefit. I enrolled her into the summer swim club and plan to re-join the rec center for racquetball and swimming. Y'all pray for us both in this situation. Her good grades have plummeted and we quarrel over homework way too often. I hoope to make some sort of "job chart" with built-in rewards that can be posted. That way she can take responsibility for her jobs without me having to boss her around and remind her of things. I;m looking for your suggestions on this topic. I hope to enroll her in a few "camps" for summer -she is against each and every one. All she wants to do is stay home, play video games and eat-like she and Dad did last summer. Maybe it's a good thing he might be working out of state this summer.

Gotta go stock up on everything! Thanks for listening!
Old 04-04-2002, 04:19 PM   #11  
Turtle Extraordinaire

SHE'S HERE! SHE'S HERE! Always glad to see you, Dora dear.

Your struggles with your daughter sound rough and oh so typical. How old is she now? It sounds like she's having a hard time, especially if her grades are going down. Do you think she's finding it rough not having her dad around? Any chance he'll be home for good soon? My hat is off to anyone struggling with their kids. I wouldn't pretend to give advice, not having any myself (kids, that is -- I'm not short on advice in general! ). Let us know how it goes.

Kathy, I'm thinking about you today with your custody trial. Please let us know what happens.

I've noticed something interesting at this weight. When I started losing, back at 274, it took a lot of weight loss before my clothes fit differently. Now, however, even 5 pounds makes a big difference. It's extremely encouraging. I put on a pair of pants today that were tight just 5 pounds ago and now fit beautifully. I can even tuck a shirt into them. That's motivating!

I'm getting a sore throat and feeling some chills, so I suspect I'm fighting a bug. Just took some Zicam (great stuff, BTW) and am hoping it'll do its stuff.

How's everyone doing?

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/188/174 by Labor Day
Old 04-04-2002, 10:25 PM   #12  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!

Sorry to be so very self-absorbed here lately.

Lauren -WAY TO GO!! Both on getting into those 16s and discovering how "only" 5 pounds can make such a difference. You are such a wonderful loser. Bet your hubby is really patting himself on the back now for getting such a wonderful gal upfront, and now a healthy, more beautiful babe-a-licious!

Kathy -Hope you are surviving court. And that "Mom" says all the wrong things.

Howdy to the newbies. Hang in there, you are certainly doing the right thing in coming here. Very safe and fun.

Gotta run. Love to all!
Old 04-06-2002, 04:26 AM   #13  

Hi All ,

Lauren GOOD FOR YOU ! You are doing so well . To lose anything during the winter is major , to hit you persoal goal early is stupendous .

Dora glad to see you , I miss your humor when you're gone . Do you have a lot of sibs ? I have one sister & consider her husband my brother . I truly love him . He & I were friends before I introduced them at a party . My sister & I joke that John is our moms favorite kid . I remember having a lot of family get togethers when I was a kid . Washington has a festival , in a town called Wenatchee , called "The apple blossom festival" . Ya know apples are big in Washington . The family would all congregate at my great grandparents house . It was great fun . Especially when Grandma Downing would take us kids for a ride in her old car . Never mind that she was getting senile & forgot where she was & ran stop signs .

As far as court goes , Jenni , her boyfriend & her dad showed up . Her dad was real nice , he reminded me that it was jenni & Chris who were to blame , not me . I knew this , but I was glad he felt that way . I got temp. custody , Jenni & Chris each have to pay 1/3 of the guardian ad litem , they have to submit a UA within 24 hours , & can only have supervised visitation . Afterwards Jenni threw a fit , & my lawyer put her in her place fast . When he left to make copies , she did it again & I put her in her place . She takes no blame , probably never will . I agreed to do the supervising . I had to stay home due to not having daycare yet & Chris not being able to have them alone . I had been waiting for a daycare lady to find out if one of her people was leaving . The person (who has 2 kids) is leaving , but not for another week . But the lady agreed to squeeze them in . I went there today . I got good feelings . She's done it for 20 years , her husband is a firefighter , & she lives on a beautiful farm/ranch almost across the street from where I work . So i'm feeling good about it . If Jenni does what she's supposed to do she'll get the kids back . At least now she has accountability & maybe won't take motherhood for granted .

My weight is not going well , but i'm still going . Ta Ta , Kathy

Last edited by kathleen61; 04-06-2002 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:06 AM   #14  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hi guys,
Here i am!!! I don't know why i keep getting lost, drives me crazy!!!!!!! Anyway i am still OP and doing well, have lost 23.4 lbs to date, only 6/10ths away from my 10% i should be able to reach that this week!!! My reward for that is to get my nails done, its going to be such a treat i havent had them done in ages!!!!
Kathleen i know what you are struggling with, we had custody of my nephew for years, and then had to finally have him adopted out of the family, cause mom just wouldn't leave him alone, he needed to feel apart of where he was and she couldn't give him the space to do that. He is so very ahppy now.
Lauren, i am so proud of your perserverience (if i spelled that right, lol, but you get the idea) you have done so well, 86 lbs total!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!Labor day 100lbs gone, what a feeling that will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep on keeping on, your doing great
Dora, glad you are back, your house and mine sound equally crazy, try and find time for you!!!!!
Mysterygirl, congrats on breaking the level :-)

Marion
252/219.6/199 by july 1st/126
Old 04-08-2002, 11:19 AM   #15  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, bunchas. Wow, have I got a monster cold. It's in my chest now, so I'm home again today. Gack. Haven't exercised in days, thanks to this bug. That's life, I guess. I hope to be able to get back at it soon.

Kathy, I'm so glad the custody trial went well. Hang in there and just do what you can. The daycare situation sounds great.

Marion! Wonderful to see you! I've been missing you and am thrilled to see your progress. Way to go! What an exciting goal you have ahead of you -- 199! I love seeing that "1" at the front of my weight these days; I feel like I'm back in the land of the living. It's weird; I didn't realize how I was feeling in the "2s". Now I feel just normal, like I "fit" into my surroundings again. Good luck on making that 10 percent!

Well, I'd better go baby this cold some more. I feel like just sitting in the bathtub with lots of steam everywhere. Maybe I'll do just that.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/188/174 by Labor Day
Closed Thread