Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #1  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Default vasicare question...

little background first before my question to help some...

i had to have major surgery on may 5th and was put on "DO NOTHING" for 6 weeks and than extended another 6 weeks. one of my two doctors released me to slowly return to normal life. the 2nd one i see on the 25th. so, doctor #1 puts me on VASICARE. i started taking it on thursday this past week. from what i read it takes 2/3 months for it to make a difference.

well, my reading have been really good. Saturday morning it was 83. i don't think i took it yesterday. been eating real good, (trying to take off the rest of my weight) this morning my reading was --185--. i have never, since DX in 06, had a reading this high. once i had a reading of 166. i can't do much of anything to exercise to bring it down. i can walk around some. i will test again in a little while.

so my question is:::::: does anyone know if vasicare can cause your sugar levels to go up????

thanks, chipper
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Is it Vesicare? Check with your doctor if you notice any symptom that worries you. Please do this, Chipper.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Afraid I've never heard of Vesicare . . . here's a Yahoo Health article about Vesicare that seems to have some helpful information . . . http://health.yahoo.com/urinary-medi...-d05413a1.html . . . although there is no mention of any impact regarding blood glucose levels.

I definately agree with Ruth . . . call your doctor . . . or perhaps your pharmacist -- sometimes they have a lot more drug-related information than the doctors do.

Good Luck . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote