Old 07-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Post At Home Support Group.....7/13 - 7/19

Happy New Week! I just thought since I was surfing around 3FC - I would get us started for the new week~

I hope everyone has a great week and stays OP! I will be having some minor surgery on Tuesday so I probably won't be around much Tues. and Weds.

Drink your water and shake those bootys!

~jeanne

Last edited by jar1965; 07-13-2008 at 09:25 AM.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/198/130

Jar, good luck with your surgery and diet.

Dina
Dina 556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies,
I am going to do ww at home.
I hope you don't mind me joining.
To new beginnings. Do you have any tips on staying on track. I find that I want to snack at night.
Good luck with your surgery.
Dina, good morning....wow you are doing well

Have a great day.
AnnCan1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Anne!

Thanks to Jeanne and Jen for the nice words last week, I appreciated them so much.

Good luck with your surgery Jeanne, we'll be thinking of you!

So...last week...

I ate terribly Sun and Mon, did better Tuesday until it was evening time, did the same thing Wednesday, then Thursday morning I got on the scale and I was up 4 pounds. I was over by a few points (3 I think, my log is on the other computer) on Thursday, but then Friday and Saturday were great days. So, I was scared to get on the scale today for my weigh in. I got up at my usual 7 am, but went back to bed and slept in mostly because I was avoiding the scale! So, when I finally got on I was right back where I was last week. Dead on, nothing gained and nothing lost! I don't think I've ever been so glad to see the scale NOT move!

So here's to this week! I'm at 202, I could realistically burst back into ONEderland this week. I have a mental block on ONEderland, but I think I can do it. I've also made a huge change that I'm proud of. I'm on day 5 of not more than one diet soda a day. This is from the girl that drank a 12 pack every couple of days. I tried to just go cold turkey, but I find that the sweetness in the evening keeps me on track. AND I have to earn it by having in my 64 oz of water and my 2 dairy products before I can have it. So, I'm feeling good about that change, even if I didn't "lose" this week.

Has anyone ever had Vita-tops? They're muffin tops in the freezer section of the grocery. Oh WOW! They're 1 POINT each and so, so yummy! I bought the Country Crock Light butter with Omega 3s and made a plan that I would use 1 TBSP daily of that to get my healthy fats in. One Vita-top with my Omega butter and 8 oz of 1% milk are an awesome breakfast! Lots of vitamins, fiber, a dairy, and my good fats for 5 POINTS. Just thought I'd share that little find. I heard tell that there are Vita-Brownies too, I think I'm going to attempt to seek those out today too.

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by Mom2QJandT; 07-13-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: forgot something...doh!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/182/147

Height: 5'8

Mom2QJandT nice action with the soda pop. Its great making it your reward for getting in your water and dairy! I like that type of plan!!

I'm back to counting points after lots of months off. I did pretty good yesterday. Today I'm doing a better job actually counting my point though. It takes a couple days to really get into the swing of things for me. Yesterday I weighed in and I was 187lbs. This morning I was 185lbs. I'm chalking it up to TOM ending. But it was definitely a motivator to stay OP today!!!

Someone mentioned in the last week how funds are tight and caused them to get off point a little. My DH and I are getting out of debt and so pretty much every dime of extra money is doing to debt. Which is great, but it leaves me with very little to work with in the food budget department. Soooo, all this to day...I have been going to a local fruit stand for my produce. It is sooo much cheaper this way. Also, a head of lettuce at Fred Meyers is $0.58, I can have 2 HUGE salads or 3 good size salads out of one head. So, this is just how I have been working around the lack of fundage.

Anyhow, I just wanted to stop in and say howdy! I hope to get to know everyone while we are on this journey together!

Cassidy
cassangelidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #6  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Good morning ladies! I keep forgetting that our new threads start on Sundays! I posted this to the old thread yesterday:
I went grocery shopping this afternoon and I hit the jack pot on new low point treats! I love that more and more companies are getting on board with the 100 cal/smaller portion servings. Makes it so much easier!
I hope we can list brand names, here is what I found:
I'll list the calories/fiber/fat next to each item
Pringles Cracker Stix 90/0/3.5 = 2pts (I bought wheat, very yummy!)
Newtons (as in Fig Newtons) Fruit Crips - Mixed Berry flavor 100/0/2 - 2 pts
Atkins Peanut Caramel Cluster (looks like those peanut logs) 140/5/9 = 3 pts
Phily Swirl popsicles 48/0/0 = 1 pt mixed flavor box, flavors like Appleicious, Orange Dream, Cotton Candy, Banana Split, Very Berry. There are supposed to be suger-free versions in this brand that are 0 points, I didn't find them at my grocery store.
A brand called Snak Away, found where they have Little Debbie treats. These are Peanut Butter bars 90/4/4.5 = 2 points
They also have those mini cream filled cupcakes for 2 points.
Hope I didn't make you hungry! I like having 2-3 point treats on hand!!!

Jenny
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #7  
Finding success on beach

I did AWESOME last week during the week, then the weekend came URG! Saturday we went to a baseball game, and there I did OK, ate a hot dog with lots of tomatoes and a pop. That was it at the game. But then we went to my mom's afterwards to pick up the kids and we ordered pizza! From not eating much all day, I was starving! Ate too much pizza, had a glass of wine and a small piece of pie! I tried to feed a lot of it to my nephew, but I still ate probably half of it.
Then Sunday came. I was doing good, but then I started snacking, and couldn't stop even though I was so full! I had read somewhere about making brownies with black beans, so I tried it and they were pretty good. And even though I was stuffed, I managed to eat 3 throughout the day... I was so upset with myself for blowing it so bad the day before weigh in!!

Then this morning instead of getting up and working out, I hit snooze... and totally missed my workout. Hopefully I'll make it up tonight. I am doing good with points and water this morning, let's hope the rest of the day continues like this!

I lost 1.2 lbs last week. Not bad considering the weekend I had!!! That is a total of 4 for me in 2 weeks! I'm happy with that!

Jenny
Old 07-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #8  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default Morning all....

I'm back, minus one hand (it'll be a while before I can type fully again). Doing well, but I believe the medicine I'm on makes me retain H2O. Trying to stay on plan. Keep up the good work, we can do it!

I'll write more later & WI in on Thurs.
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Good Loss Jenny!

Welcome back Briana!

We're thinking of you Jeanne!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #10  
jeanne

Well, yesterday was my colonoscopy, bi-opsy and endoscopy! Urgh! (I',m sure I didn't spell any of that correctly....) The doctor said he didn't feel that there was cancer present. wooooosh! He did say that the diverticulosis was very present and that I would have a 50% chance of reaccurance. I am suppose to be on a high fiber diet now. Which, I try to be anyways. So...............thats that! Thank you so much for thinking of me!

I'll read and get caught up on your posts later tonight. (i'm at work...shhhhhh)

Have a great day!
Hugs
~jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #11  
Finding success on beach

jeanne - glad to hear your procedures went well. WOOOSH is right!!! So happy for you that they didn't find any cancer. My mom suffers from diverticulosis as well, she has to be very careful of what she eats, no more popcorn, nuts, etc.

I did great yesterday staying OP. I went out to dinner with friends, we went to Granite City. I couldn't find nutritional info anywhere!! I tried to behave, I only ate 1/2 my dinner, and said NO to the doggie bag. I did have 2 glasses of wine.....it was so good!! I am trying the Wendie way of counting, so I made yesterday my super high day and stayed with low points for breakfast and lunch. I got up bright and early and got in a great 45 minutes workout at the gym. I have so many special dinners this week!! I'll be amazed if I can lose this week. I'm trying!!

My fridge died! I have a serviceman coming now... I lost all my WW latte bars in the freezer, they are soup. I love those 1 point things. And I just bought 2 boxes, those things are darn expensive too! I hate when life throws you these curveballs!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #12  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default Hello all....

Wow, sounds as though we've all had some major life occurances these last few weeks. I did my WI today, I was 140.4 which I'm sure some is H2O and some of those chocolate chip cookies I've been eating. I'm trying to stay OP but its harder since I can't even walk @ lunch time. I'm so ready to be back to normal!!!

Keep up the good work ladies and Jeanne glad to hear your procedures went well.
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #13  
Finding success on beach

Hey girls. How is the weekdn going? Last week was rough for me, too many dinners with friends, nights out, etc! I don't usually go out like this, and everything fell in the same week. I tried to make good choices, watch the portions and share desserts with friends. Today we took the kids for ice cream, and I ordered the "baby" sundae with them. It was the right amount, maybe 7-8 spoonfulls of vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of chocolate. I got the taste, without all the calories! :-)
We'll see what the scale says on Monday about my choices this week.

So, Mom2QJandT, you have me wanting to try those VitaMuffins I have seen in other posts... did you buy them at the store or online??
Keep up the good work girls!
Jenny
Old 07-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 331/317.2/150

Height: 5'8"

Slowly getting back on track after waiting for a new debit card because I had to block my old one from a mishap and double charge turned out lady was stealing from the place too. When I got my card finally and updated it on WW they started a waive the sign up fee so I've got 3 months prepaid on WW online now for what it was to sign up and pay first month. WOOHOO.

I got back on track but Friday didn't track but I was pretty good on eating. So here I'm working on cracking down on the tracking. I'd like to add in exercise but don't want to overwhelm myself and stop them both so maybe one more week until I work on activity points.
LessOfLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #15  
Finding success on beach

Do you guys count your activity points and use them? I don't even know how many a day I am earning! I work out 45min-1 hour almost 5 days a week.
MOTIVATION for working out.... I took all my measurements before I started working out on a reguar basis back in March. Each month I remeasure myself and keep a notebook. To date, I have lost 5 inches in both my waist and hips, and 2 inches off my arms, bust and thighs. So, even though the scale is slow moving (didn't start counting points again until July), I am having other results from working out... maybe give that a try Melissa?? My clothes fit better and I can tell I am firming up, even if just a little.
Jenny