Old 07-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default Surprise and the lesson learned....

My hubby surprised me last night to a babysitter (my mom) and a dinner out by ourselves. We just went to a local place about 20 minutes from home but it was nice to have the quiet time. The only thing I ever get here is stir fry and since we hadn't been there since Valentine's day 07 I thought I'd treat myself. Well, while I was at the salad bar (it comes with every meal so I thought I'd fill up on salad with low cal dressing as much as possible) he ordered cheese balls and breaded mushrooms. He knows I love both and haven't had them in forever so it was also a surprise.

You should've seen my face...oh thanks dear....how sweet....but do you know how many calories and all that fat and blah blah. He says, "Babe, you are losing the healthy way (ie...SLOWLY while still having some of my faves every now and then so I don't completely fall off the wagon) so I didn't think it'd be an issue."

Fine! So I ate a few mushrooms and maybe 8 cheeseballs. By the time my stir fry came I couldn't eat more than 5 or so bites. I had about 75% of it left and just couldn't do it. I boxed it and took it home to my mom who also loves the stuff so I didn't have to see it and want it today.

Anyway, today I have felt lousy. I've been on the toilet....sorry TMI I know...more than not and it's been miserable. I know it's from the greasy food and I honestly like the feeling. Sound sick huh. But then I won't be tempted next time when I have this in the back of my mind.

Thanks for letting me get it all out. Hubby just doesn't get it sometimes. He does his best to help me 99% of the time and measures food when he prepares it and tells me what to put in my daily plate and gives me an hour or more to exercise each day but sometimes he just doesn't have a clue.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #2  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Your body must have gotten so used to healthy stuff that it didn't like the greasy stuff coming in! But it's good that you're allowing yourself to have your favorites occasionally... I dont' think there's anything wrong with that. And your husband sounds like he has much more of a clue than my bf ever will!
Last time I regained all the weight i lost, it was because I hadn't let myself indulge every now and then. I was SO strict... NO simple carbs, NO sugar, just a lot of NO NO NO's.... and then what happened? I got so sick of it all that I wanted EVERYTHING and A LOT OF IT. so i gained back more than what i lost... making me a very sad girl.

But this time around, I've lost about 20, but I'm doing it the slow, healthy way, like you mentioned. It's the only way to do it if you're in for the long haul... that's definitely what I've learned. So go ahead and have your cheese balls!
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

No one can appreciate the hard work you put into getting to where you are now but yourself. It's true, he tries to help out, he's supportive, etc but he'll never understand what you are going through: The food that you love, crave but have to skip, the hours you spend exercising, the blood sweat and tears.. they'll never know unless they've been there.
I have had the same reaction to fried foods specially that I've cut them out totally from my diet. It serves to remind me that I should think twice before indulging..
Its impressive much you've lost, keep it up
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote