View Poll Results: What are you??
Lurker 1 11.11%
Regular Poster 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 09:30 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Tgif.... Come And Post!!!

Hey everyone... I started some new threads here to get more of the lurkers out. One is a Spring Challenge... SO PLEASE COME AND JOIN US!!!!
Old 03-22-2002, 09:56 AM   #2  
Parrothead

Default Hello there!

I have been lurking this week because I've been a bit busy.
Hi Jen!
Tonya ~ Congrats on the house. I am so jealous! DH and I want a home so bad we can taste it, but the months on unemployment set us back a bit. AND this morning on the news I heard that housing prices went up 5% last month! I almost cried in the car. Oh well, maybe we'll move out into the country where the homes don't cost a fortune. Here in Austin, you need almost 40K for a downpayment. Not to mention that we have NO furniture. Good luck with your new place.

Kim ~ Car buying is stressful. Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with postponing a big purchase (see above). We've been saving for a house for 2 years now and are still not close.

Well I have some work to do. I'll check back later!
K
Old 03-22-2002, 10:39 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning...

Good morning. Just dropping in to say hello. Not much to write, I'm so tired and it's still early, perhaps I'll make more sense later today when I check back in.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:58 AM   #4  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Happy Friday!

Interesting... the poll says we have 5 regular posters, yet only 4 posts today! That means one of the "regular posters" is actually a lurker!!

I think I am coming down with a cold - woke up this morning with a small sore throat and feeling pretty achey. The weather keeps changing drastically here, so I'm not surprised it caught up with me.

So.... I am going to a ww meeting tomorrow morning! I am meeting a friend there so I won't be as tempted to skip it. I really want to lose a bit more weight and think it is a good idea to go back to the basics and refocus. I have been at lifetime for 2 1/2 years now and I can definitely say I have become a bit complacent.

Thanks for the challenge, Jen! I hope more people join us!

Kay - Continue to be patient. It will mean so much more when you finally do buy a house...

Jess - Hi!

Stacey - Congrats to your Sooners on their win last night! I was excited to see Arizona lose because that is who knocked my Illini out of the Elite Eight last year. So, I'm glad they're gone!!

Ali - How was your date???

Okay, I guess I like the smilies today!

I'll be back later....
Old 03-22-2002, 11:02 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default friday - yippee!

hi jen, kay, jess and everyone about to post!
i'm the lurking regular poster! have been writing this post for the past hour but keep getting interrupted by work. don't they realise i only come in for the internet access?
sorry i couldn't post yesterday. was stuck in a (very long) meeting in a posh hotel. but they had great cookies. i was good though, and only had one. and i still haven't had any ice cream. i bought BF some the other night (new ben&jerry's flavour called "honey, i'm home". well, new to the UK!) it looks great but i'll wait till easter to try it. stacey - still off the chocolate i hope?
tonya - the house plans look fab. can we all come round and sit in the jacuzzi?!
kay - i know what you mean about buying a place. i'm never going to afford one! i need to win the lottery (but i don't enter so that won't happen).
kim - don't let anyone rush you into buying your car. hope you find one you like that meets all your requirements. v annoying that the salesmen were being so patronising.
jenl - i need a spring challege. i'll go post/lurk on that thread next!!
jenk - good luck with the 8k if you do it! enjoy the ww meeting!
ali - how was the date?
rina - hope you had a nice time at home and the marriage prep thing went ok. i'd competely forgotten about lori's wedding! i can't wait to hear all about it when she gets back online.
right, i better post this now!
kirsty
Old 03-22-2002, 11:14 AM   #6  
Running Babe

No one wants to admit that they are a lurker I guess! Anyhoo, things are going well with me and the date went well so I am a happy camper.

JenK: Thanks for the offer, but I have accumulated a ton of LSAT books as of late. Maybe I should take it in October, I haven't really looked at the stuff too much lately!

I gotta run, but to everyone else have a good day!

Ali
Old 03-22-2002, 12:15 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Well, I've almost gotten my car fixed. The place that replaced the windshield has to redo it because it's been leaking. I got the seat fixed yesterday. Only $80. I say "only" because they also discovered a wiring problem, but they fixed it and didn't charge me extra! All I have to do now is get some new windshield wipers and take the car to get inspected again.

This all has been very exhausting. But at least I'm not stressing about the new car anymore. Get this, though: One of the a**hole salesmen called me and left two back-to-back messages on my answering machine telling me he had found a used Escape for me. How nice of him, but I don't want a used car.

Why does buying a car have to be such an ordeal? I really wish it was easier.

Let me continue my little moan fest for fun: I don't feel well today, and a story I've been working on forever is stressing me out. It's about a woman who has multiple personalities, and it's just gotten very complicated.

OK, *****ing over. I hope everyone is ready for a relaxing weekend. I am! Although I go into every weekend thinking ... is this the one? Is it going to happen? Is BF going to propose? He's taking SOO long! He asked my dad for permission in January, for goodness' sake!

Hi Ali, Kirsty, Jen, Jess, Kay and all you lurkers out there!
Old 03-22-2002, 12:31 PM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

Hey Kim - that's so weird he asked your dad's permission in jan and hasn't asked you yet! maybe he's waiting for the right moment and wants to catch you off guard! but it sounds like you are permanently on guard! i reckon you should try not to think about it and go with the flow. if he wants to marry you he'll ask. and if he doesn't, then why don't you ask him? it sounds like you've got yourself all worked up about it when it should be something really nice and enjoyable. maybe your BF is feeling under pressure (and if he's anything like my BF that will just make him dig his heels in and do the complete opposite of what i want even if he agrees with me!).
Old 03-22-2002, 12:44 PM   #9  
Parrothead

Default Its friday so I'll post again :)

Kim ~ I agree with Kirsty. Ask him if you want to marry him. Marriage is too much fun to put off. Sometimes boys can be soooo weird. DH asked my dad on a thursday and asked me on saturday. I think he was sensing that I was getting a bit restless. I was also having a fun time on my own in another town with a new job at the time, so I think that threatened him. All I can say is that I love being married, it has gone by so fast, and I wish we wouldn't have waited as long as we did. We dated for 5 years and put off marriage because he wasn't finished with school. I wish now we would have just done it when I graduated. It seems silly to me now that we waited for that reason. We could have made it work easily and now we have 2 less years married than we would have. Oh well, good luck with it all. There is no such thing as perfect timing for anything. Once he gets over that, ya'll can get on with things. Take care!
Old 03-22-2002, 02:06 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Kirsty, Kay: I HAVE asked! More than once. He says yes, but says he still wants to go the "traditional" route and do the ring, etc. He probably does feel pressured, but after five years, it's make a decision time, you know? I honestly try not to bring it up, but I'm so antsy I can't help it. We've been living together almost 2 years, and he always says he wants to get married. But even if he tells me yes, which he always does, almost joking, I am not going to start planning until I'm sure!
Closed Thread