PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #1  
Supermom

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9

Default Insulite

Someone on here mentioned Insulite Labs and so I looked it up. Is anyone else having success? I can't find much about the company or the product in my on line searching. Does anyone have any experience with them?
nullgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I've been on the pills for over 2 months, and I really do feel better. I can notice differences in my mood and appetite when I skip days. I also just got my period naturally on Saturday, but it's not month-to-month yet. I think that may take some time. But the supplements are all herbs and vitamins so there's nothing dangerous in them.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 294/270/170

Height: 5'7

Default 1st day on Insulite

Okay, today was my 1st day on Insulite. I took it as prescribed by the ladies as follows:

1/2 hour before breakfast: PCOS + - 2 caps

With breakfast: InsulX - 2 caps and RejuvenX - 2 caps

Between breakfast and lunch: GlucX - 3 caps

With Lunch by noon: InsulX - 2 caps and RejuvenX - 2 caps

Between lunch and dinner: PCOS + - 2 caps

After dinner/before bed: GlucX - 3 caps

In the morning I had two 8 oz. cups of coffee with my PCOS.

Then I had a packet of instant oatmeal for breakfast along with my breakfast dose.

GlucX (3 capsules)

For Lunch I had a salad with cauliflower, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, ham, and about 5-7 croutons topped with 2 Tsp of salad dressing along with my lunch dose.

Took my PCOS

Between Lunch and dinner I had an apple and some cashews. I was not that big on the ham that I put on my salad. In fact I barely ate any of that. I also took my Alive Multivitamins (2) and 10 mg. of Potassium.

I ate a cup of spaghetti with a small salad for dinner. After dinner I took the GluX

All throughout the day I drank water; total of 128 oz.

I am not sure what was going on inside my body today but this is how I felt: First thing in the morning, I was what I call normal; tired and sluggish.

After PCOS, coffee and breakfast dose I was awake, with energy. After taking the GluX between breakfast and lunch I felt a little weird like I was relaxing?!?!

I’m not sure how to describe it but it felt like a chemical change was happening within my body. I had a very small headache… Overall, these feelings were short lived and were only present for approximately 20 mins…

In between lunch and dinner -- I ate fruit and nuts, thereafter; I was wired for sound. I had so much energy I could bottle it and sell it on e-bay. LOL

By the time I got home from work I was irritable. I think I had too much coffee with the dosages today. Whenever I have too much caffeine I become irritable. I found that I snapped at family members this evening and had very little patience. After dinner I went straight to bed to sleep off some of the caffeine or the effects from the combination of insulite and caffeine.

I usually sleep through the night if I go to bed at this time of day. After 90 mins of sleep, I awoke on my own and was refreshed. I am still a little irritable but nothing like earlier. Earlier, I was at the end of my rope….

Lesson: Don’t drink too many caffeinated beverages while taking Insulite.

I found myself thinking that I am taking way too many pills to the point that this is not natural. I shouldn’t have to take this many pills to get my body on track… I thought to stop taking them but I am going to stick with it.

I am just praying that these things really are safe.

Ready for day 2. Sorry to write soo much but I still have that bottled energy.

Lady KM

Last edited by Lady KM; 07-16-2008 at 01:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Lady KM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #4  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Lady KM...I agree..I think it is the caffeine that is causing your negative side effects. The first few days for me were like a vacation. I felt instantly relaxed and had not a care in the world. A bomb could have went off next to me and I might not have been phased. (ok maybe that's a little extreme LOL) That lasted for about a week or so and then it started to wear off. I guess my body started to adjust which I'm sure is a good thing. Although I'm not as relaxed as the first week, I can definetly feel a negative mood change when I miss pills. I'd say stick it out. Yes it is a lot of pills, but it is so that the vitamins/minerals/herbs stay constant in our systems. It is better than having to take Rx meds forever. We only need this for 6-12 months.
JerseyGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Just thought I'd update since I've been MIA the last few weeks- been SO busy, omg.

The Insulite is still great. Some days I'm so busy that I take ALL my pills at once, (yes, all 18 pills at once). This does not affect me at all.

I noticed a huge change in my hair and nails. My nails are SO strong they WILL NOT break. It's almost causing me injury, lol. If I stag my nail on something it'll bend (owie!) but won't break. My nails look fabulous. Also, a sking conidition I've had since high school (dermatitis) has cleared up for the first time ever.

I'm still really happy with the supplements and they make me feel good. I make sure I never skip a day, even if that means taking all 18 pills at 10pm when I finally remember to do so. Sometimes that makes me so energized though I can't sleep til midnight. So I try to take them all in the afternoon if I wasn't able to taper them throughout the day.

Last edited by Michelle125; 08-04-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #6  

Hello!
Is anyone still on the insulite? If so, can you tell me if it's been worth it and how long you've been on it? I've really been thinking about starting it. Thanks!!
Amber
hedlundar is offline   Reply With Quote