Old 07-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Default Does warm weather make you bloat?

I don't know the answer to this, I am curious. It seems that in the last couple of weeks I have been feeling bloated a little and my weight has been staying the same, actually bounced up 3 lbs this morning, could it be the hot weather making me feel like that? I know I need to shake things up with my diet a little and I'm working on that...
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Maybe! I haven't lost a gram for the last weeks since the summer started in the UK. I am still exercising and watching what I eat. Hope to move on from this plateau soon or I am gonna go nuts!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #3  

Default I think a three pound jump is probably water...

weight gain.

I never use salt in cooking or on food when I can help it.

And I know I get bloaty when I have too many starchy carbs like bread and pasta.

Hope the three pounds goes as quickly as it came.
Frances
coffeebarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I know it makes me retain water temporarily... like if I spend a lot of time in a warm building or outside, especially if I'm active, I'll be very bloated for a few hours, but then after I cool down it starts to go away. It's probably one of those things that affects everyone differently.

You might want to keep track of your sodium (or at least work on choosing low-sodium foods) to keep bloating somewhat more under control. Also, drink lots of water... seems a little counter-intuitive but it really helps your body let go of excess water.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #5  
I will do this.

I don't know if it makes me bloat - but it sure makes me feel sweaty and gross. I don't think I have let my hair down since June!

I have done the low-sodium thing since June 2nd and it has made a world of difference. Although my trainer says that is why I am sweating more than usual because my body is not retaining as much fluid as it did. I am even on my TOM right now and feel less bloated then I ever have. Hint: deli meats carry a lot of sodium as does anything you put in a microwave. I also don't use regular salt anymore and use fake salt called No Salt (go figure!)and by doing those three things I have gone from 2,800mg of sodium to 1,600 - 1,800mg

Last edited by Taylor86; 07-03-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

A lot of people retain more water in hot weather (including me). If you are walking near any high rise appt buildings, watch out for falling scales.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #7  

hahaha. I need to watch my sodium a little closer, I think my food last night had *WAY* too much sodium so that coul have been part of it. I drink TONS of water, more than a gallon every day. I have always required a lot of water but I wonder if maybe my body needs more than some peoples bodies do. We'll see. I also worked out really hard Tuesday and have been doing a lot of oudoor stuff (with sweat dripping down my face) for a couple of hours every night...it's muggy here right now. When I've been sweating and cleaning or doing yardwork I don't have the energy to work out after that, and if I do I get the shakes really bad and start feeling sick. I can only do my walking plus one strenuous thing on hot days or it really effects me.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #8  

Also, I KNOW I didn't gain 3lbs in a week, I have been OP, so I think maybe I gained a few ounces but otherwise it probably has a lot to do with water weight.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
A lot of people retain more water in hot weather (including me). If you are walking near any high rise appt buildings, watch out for falling scales.
Especially mine! It will soon drop from the 9th floor and it is made of hard glass.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #10  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I hope heat doesn't make you bloat. It's supposed to be 97 degrees here tomorrow!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

The warmer weather could be causing you to sweat alot, and if you're not re-drinking what you sweat then that could cause you to be dehydrated, which in turn would make you bloated.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post

I am pretty sure that it is common for people to retain water in intense humidity and heat ... maybe because its our bodies way of protecting itself from dehydration , like when you are sweating alot? .. I don't know for sure.. I hate to be the one thats like "my mom said" ... but my mom and I were discussing this the other day on the phone and she was telling me in humidity/heat you tend to retain water.....

its really weird because I'm in the week of my period starting and yesterday I was completely bloated !!! I mean worse than usual and my scale was reading 146!!! AGHHHHH ... then this morning I am fine like I feel all deflated and empty now and my scale reads 142 again .... usually if its pms I hang onto the bloating and extra pounds for at least a few days ..maybe it was the humidity ...

Last edited by onesullengurl; 07-03-2008 at 11:10 PM.
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #13  

So, I really think humidity makes people bloat. I recently moved to Japan and I swear I gained about ten pounds. My husband and I have been eating healthy since we cant read Japanese and eat out anywhere. We usually cook at home. I have been working out!! This is driving me nuts.

Its humid here most of the time.
Laydeitrippstuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Heat and humidity make me bloat big time. It. Sucks.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote