Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 02:08 AM   #1  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Default Trying to avoid Stress eating....

ARGH... I've been a lil bit bad lately, can't sleep, want to eat all the time, been back on the caffiene for a few days now.... we've been denied by everyone possible, for assitance with my holiday medical bills, and now we have to file for bankruptcy, and even that may not work for us, since I don't work, and SSI insists that Fibro isn't a debilitating disease.... OH, how I wish one of the people on their board could suffer it with me, THEN tell me how it's not debilitating! So now, if anyone wants any of our crap in return for our bills... chances are, they'll be able to take it... thankfully, we don't have much...lol oh well, I'll live I guess, I just don't want to gain 10 pounds going through this.... sorry, had to vent a bit... I'm done, gonna go try to keep busy working my webpage over...
Old 03-19-2002, 10:52 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Unhappy

I'm sorry sweetie!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I wish someone on that board could see what you go through. I can't believe they won't cover it. I know that this is going to be a tough time, but just stick with us and keep posting and keep exercising!!! You have been doing good with that and that'll really help keep the stress down!
Old 03-19-2002, 05:21 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I sympathize with your financial problems and your urge to eat. I'm in the same boat in a way. My husband keeps calling me from work and saying he is going to be fired any minute and it drives me to eat whatever is on hand. Our situation is not as dire as yours is but the main thing is the stress that is created and the need to combat the stress with food. It is difficult to change the bad habits of a lifetime but we need to combat the stress with something healthier.
Old 03-20-2002, 01:53 AM   #4  
gbo

Listen my Dear, it gets better. I promise you. We have been there and done that. Seven years later we bought our home on three acres a lawn tractor and so on. It is not the end of the world. I even have a pool! Sure funds get tight from time to time but so what. In the crisis you need to be good to you when the world isn't. If you aren't loving to you no else will be either. Finances are a natural roller coaster for most of us in life but what you do for you and how you treat yourself is your personal choise and there are results to the good or the bad. Things can be replaced with better things. Like cleaning out a closet and making room for new clothes. It will take a little while but you can start fresh a whole new life is available to you starting ffrom today.
Make it count!!!
I was not diagnosised for years and as a result I can't even draw Social Security and I have been handicapped for years. You are not alone in this failure of the system. You are in good company.
My prayers are with you. Food is not an answer to any problem but starvation. God Bless.
Pam
Old 03-20-2002, 12:12 PM   #5  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Thank you all for your replies and support... I finally got some decent sleep, self preservation won out over worry... and I feel a bit better today, I've come up with a plan I start today to help fight the stress eating thing, we'll see how that goes over the next few days... luckily, we have no gas for the car, and really no extra money, so hubby can't bring me home cookies Need to get off of here for now, got some things to do... :-)
Closed Thread