Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-17-2008, 05:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Default anybody use a chi?

I'm thinking about getting a chi hair iron. I have blonde hair that is kind of fine and wavy. I was born with out the gene that lets me operate a curling iron--I'm just not coordinated enough. I tried my mom's Chi and loved it! I was able to do curls, and straighten my hair. My DH even noticed! I am a pretty low maintenance gal (I hardly ever blow dry my hair, or wear a lot of makeup) but I think I'd use this at least 2 times a week.
Now, considering all that, should I cough up the 100 bucks to get it? I can find it cheaper online, but I found out that Chi does NOT provide a warranty on any Chi bought online, so I'd have to pay full price here at a local store.
What do you guys think?
Btw,
I know this sounds weird to quibble over a measly hundred bucks, but I'm only a teacher, ha ha! My DH and I are newlyweds and we are comfy financially, so I could swing this if I really wanted to. I just wanted to get some other chicks' opinions!
Thanks!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Can't tell you from personal experience, but at least 5 of my friends use their Chi every day and LOVE them. They can't say enough good things about them.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:21 AM   #3  

thanks! Do your driends notice any heat damage to their hair? Supposedly, there is minimal risk of this with the chi.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:30 AM   #4  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

My step sister owns a CHI and uses it practically every day. I have yet to see any sort of heat damage to her hair. On the contrary, her hair is shiny and sleek when she uses it.

I just love my curls too much right now to use it lol. I'm sure that'll change (it comes and goes in phases)
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:34 AM   #5  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

the lady that does my hair is also a friend of mine and she is always raving about her chi. She absolutely loves it. I spent $200 on my hair straightener so I say if it's only $100, go for it. My friend is a professional hair dresser and she tells her customers all the time to get one because it's the straightener ever. Good luck.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #6  
Low GI

Height: 5'4

Chi is the best. I bought one 3 years ago. I don't use it everyday though. I am lazy. Haha! But $100 is a good price! I bought mine wholesale and it cost me $80 and change. So 3 years later, $100 is a great price!
freyabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 AM   #7  

If you're hesistant to spend $100 maybe you can use the purchase of a CHI as a way to celebrate reaching a weight-loss goal.

I want/need a new pair of sneakers, but the pair I REALLY want are expensive asics. I have a hard time spending more than $50 on a pair of tennis shoes, so I decided when I reach my first 10% goal I'll reward myself with the expensive asics. This way every time I wear them I'll be able to think how far I've come so far, and get that extra boost of motivation to workout.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225

Height: 5'6"

I've had my Chi for about a year and a half and I wouldn't know what to do without it. I haven't had any problem with it drying my hair, but I also use a product by Graham Webb called Reparative Shine, which protects the hair and makes it really smooth and shiny. I do bookkeeping work for a woman who owns a hair salon and the only straightener her stylists use is a Chi. From my experience, it's a great investment.
susaninohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #9  

hmmm,I like the idea of using it as a reward. My mom offered me hers to play with a while. I think when I hit my next goal, I'll buy my own. Thanks, guys!
Old 06-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I loved my chi! My car was broken into a few weeks ago and it was stolen... I was more heart broken about loosing the chi than I was about loosing my ipod! I'd say that $100 is a pretty reasonable price for a hair straightener.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #11  
Choco lovin couch potato

S/C/G: 207/ticker/145

Height: 5'5

The chi is probably the ONLY product anyone will ever hear me rave about!!! I have very thick very coarse very curly on top...ya i know weird lol hair. My hair dresser describes my hair as a black persons hair from the ears up and a white persons hair from the ears down. Im white by the way I got my chi on ebay as at the salon here it was 250.00 I have gone through many different kinds of straighteners...none really did that great a job with my hair. I was always left frizzy, still somewhat curly or was straight but so poofy it was frighteneing. My hair actually moves now like each individual strand not in chunks ...which is something new to me.
halfbakedtulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I used a Chi for about three years until I discovered something even better. It's called the Nano by Babybliss. It's a little more expensive than the Chi but it requires even less work. I would recommend either one.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #13  

Hi. I recently bought a Chi after using a cheap retail store straightener for awhile and the difference is amazing. I am also curling iron challenged and have fine slightly wavy hair. I use mine about 3 times a week and my hair is looking better than it ever has. My husband even said it looks as good as my hairdresser does it when I do it now.

I did buy mine online for 75 dollars because the local salons could only get it for 150.00 to 160.00 dollars and I figured if it broke and I had to buy another it would be the same price as buying one with the one year warranty.

I am also a teacher so I understand the cost concern, but I have found my self esteem when my hair looks good is much higher then when I think my hair looks bad.
Diana
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #14  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I didn't buy a CHI but another expensive flat iron - a TIGI Hard Code. I picked that over the CHI because it has a heat control! 410 degrees is far to hot for my bangs so I like having the option to turn it down.

A tip - I wouldnt buy online unless it is from a good reputable store. A lot (MOST) of the CHI's on ebay are fake.

I have heard AWESOME reviews of the babyliss irons as well and they have heat controls.

I spent months reviewing flat irons before picking the one I did. I would have gone with the babyliss over the CHI and only went for the one I did because a local salon had it in stock and it was hot pink.

This was the one I was going to get: http://www.folica.com/BaByliss_Pro_Na_d3975.html

Spending the money on a flat iron was the best thing I ever did.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

I straighten my hair everyday. My hair is naturally wavy and frizzy (horrible.)
I used to have a chi, but upgraded to a croc
both work well...
go for it, if you can afford it. It's worth it.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote