Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default Not 1. or 2. or 3 BUT FOUR!

Okay I think I have a peanut butter addiction but my house has

FOUR JARS.

My mom gets the huge ones from coscos and stocks them in the kitchen. I want to go atleast a month without eating it because it's realllyyy affecting my weight loss progress. Also it's JIf not the natural stuff so that's not good either.

How can I avoid eating this stuff? It's everywhere i turn!

i'm such a peanut butter head. I've been addicted to this stuff since birth.

My sister called me peanut butter sometimes because my skin color is the same as peanut butter and i eat it every day. I need to stop really bad!
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Donate the unopened jars to a food shelter.

And if it's really, really bad... throw out the opened one.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #3  

^im a family of five

the thought of my dad walking to the kitchen, grabbing a piece of toast and coffee and realizing i donated 3 jars of peanut butter to charity.. LOL.

he would kill me haha!

hmm I mean, for the first 2 weeks or so, I'll be do dedicated, i won't want to touch it. But for those days where it gets rough, i may have to find a way to hide them from my sight..
Old 05-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Ah hah! Well then. Is there a way that you can at least put them into the very back & upper shelves so they are out of sight?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I was going to suggest what Faeri just did - if you can't get rid of them due to living at home at lease try and put them out of sight.

What you can't see you generally tend to forget is there after awhile!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #6  

I personally have my own cabinet in the kitchen. Anything I want to eat has to come out of there -- I don't "allow" myself to look in any of the other cabinets (where the kids/husband's stuff is) because that's just sensory abuse to me!! It has actually worked really well for me (and I'm a peanut butter addict too -- I feel your pain).
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #7  

Having your own cabinet is a great idea! I'm going to try that. It's been tough for me at home because everyone else in the house eats junk food and it's always around, so having my own cabinet might be a great help. Thanks for the tip!
bumblebee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #8  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

See - I completely appreciate your issue (who doesn't love peanut butter...better yet...sorry guys...peanut butter + chocolate!!!) but I am of the mind that while one can restrict what one eats - one should not say "NO, I cannot ever have this item or I will gain weight!" I say - have a slice of high fiber whole wheat toast with 2 TBLS of peanut butter once a week - it will not kill you!!! However, having it daily may So limit yourself - but don't cut it completely out - it will just hang over your head and drive you nuts (pun intended)!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:12 PM   #9  
small goals at a time

S/C/G: 281/276/250 (For now)

Height: 5'10"

Don't forget that PB is nutritious too. One tablespoon on a celery stalk or with apple slices can be a great snack. Trying to eliminate food will only make you crazy.
chubbypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #10  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

PB does make a great snack, but the problem lies in the fact that it's a trigger food to some (including sweetlovin and... gulp, ME!) It would be great if you didn't have it in the house, and occasionally went out somewhere to get your PB fix. But since you can't do that it looks like the best way to go is keeping it out of sight, as suggested by the wise posters above me.

Stay strong!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #11  

^thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to make my own cabinet. Never thought of that !

Well it will be like my own cub (not a whole cabinet) but same thing

My family ALWAYS forgets to put it back in the cabinet when they are finished using it. And they "conveniently" leave a knife on top of the jar just in case "anyone" wants it.

But I'm going to be strong. I know if I have a little, I'll go crazy so I'll just tell myself I can't have any, not even a taste.

Last edited by sweetlovin; 05-18-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #12  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

PB is a HUGE trigger food for me too, so I sympathize. I can't even have the natural stuff in the house because I will binge on that too! It's terrible. I wonder if, when you see the jar sitting out w/the knife on top of it, and you start cleaning up after you family (i.e. putting away the jar and putting the knife in the sink/dishwasher) they will eventually 'get the hint' and start doing it themselves. Probably not, huh? But it might be worth a try.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote