Old 05-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #1  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Emotional

Hi everyone. First off I want to note that I do not mean for this to be a brag on myself, but I just need to share this with people who will understand.

At my weigh-in this morning it dawned on me...I am 7.5 lbs away from goal ( I am only shooting for the high end of my weight bracket because I want it to be maintainable.)

I am overwhelmed. I am choked up. I cannot believe that *I* did this! *I* am gaining control over my life and my food choices/my health. And I am thisclose to reaching a goal I thought was unobtainable for me.

That being said, I probably just jinxed myself and will gain next week!

I think I'll just sit here and cry happy tears.....

Nope, I can't. No time for that! I'd better hit the woods and take a celebratory hike. Maybe I'll find the motherload of mushrooms today!!!!!
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #2  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

You ABSOLUTELY enjoy it girl! Keep going! You've worked SO hard and you should be proud of yourself! That is very exciting! I am cheering for you and with you! Thanks for sharing it! We NEED to see exciting success stories, it keeps us focused on the goal!!!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Kim,

That is so fabulous!! I know you must be so happy about this, and I know how excited I'll be when I get that close to goal.

YAAAAYYY!!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #4  

Yeah!! You are doing awesome and it's not bragging about yourself -- it's sharing/encouraging with your accomplishments!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Go find those mushrooms... but no frying them!

You totally deserve to be happy and brag about yourself. You should be so proud of what you've accomplished! Way to keep at it!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Paint - that is so cool to suddenly realize what you accomplished from all of your hard work, planning, and determination! Especially since you were so worried about those fried mushrooms! Your goal kinda snuck up on you!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Please, Kim, brag away!!! You've EARNED that right! You've worked HARD, and we're all tickled pink that you're so close! We want you to get there, and we're happy to celebrate with you on the way

You have taken control!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Kim,
You go girl! Brag away!! You have (almost) accomplished a huge goal!
I also set my goal at the highest weight (for me 150) and have continued to lose by my choice. It is nice to know that once you reach your goal, you are free! I continue to attend meetings every week and I highly recommend that to you as well. I have seen (and I'm sure you have too) so many people who have lost the weight and had to start over. Come on over to the maintenance board and start posting there. It is highly motivational to see how maintainers have lost their weight and kept it off. I just reached my WW goal in January so I still feel quite new at the whole maintaining thing.

Last edited by traveling michele; 05-14-2008 at 08:27 PM.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #9  
The Last 10lbs!

Congrats!! You have every right to be proud of yourself. What an amazing accomplishment! I am feeling the same way lately, I can't believe I am so close to goal because it just seemed so far away when I started and I've had so many failed attempts. A lot of people post looking for support when they are having a rough time, but it would be so nice if more people posted happy posts about their super-successes I love hearing about them. Keep up the good work!! You are doing so well!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

Huge congrats!! Feel proud girl!!!
lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #11  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone. I'm not there yet, but hopefully soon!

Yes, I will still go to meetings, but I'll have to change my time. Riding season is upon us and my current meeting clashes with my Wednesday riding schedule. I imagine the first time I switch meetings I'll show a gain (a.m. vs. p.m.).

I do think that I'm going to want to go past my anticipated 146. I think I'll still feel "chubby" there, but for now my eye is on the 146 goal.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #12  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to know the feeling myself. You are an inspiration!
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #13  

I love to hear success stories! Congratulations, you've done great.

Doing the happy dance for you!

kahnfv is offline   Reply With Quote