Old 05-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default 30 Something Chat, Wed. 5/14

I've got a busy day ahead so i figured I better hop in here while I can. Had to get up early to make cupcakes for Kylees birthday party at preschool today. I should have done it last night but after working in the yard I was pooped. I'm getting my hair colored today, I don't want to go to graduation next week looking like Josh's g-ma instead of his mom. DH and I are taking Kylee out to dinner just the 3 of us for her b-day tonight, that doesn't happen too often. I have to scrub garage doors and walls today too so all in all it should be a very relaxing day, I'm sure. Oh yes, and of course its RAINING again

GG, so glad you had a good day, the dentist isn't fun,but maybe you can catch up on some reading while you wait to be seen. Just trying to boost your spirits.

Hanna, that is a bummer. I have thought about getting some med to help me sleep but thats what I'm afraid of is the hang-over thing. Hope you feel better today.

Alicia, Sorry to hear about G-ma, hopefully she'll be up and going again soon. Sweetie, you just have to let this weekend go and start fresh every new day. We can't change what we've done we can only look ahead. Be positive, I know you can do it. I think you're under stress and that is affecting the way that you eat. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Lisa, I thought you were gonna say something else wiped you out, not work, no fun.

Gotta go, cupcakes are beeping. Enjoy!!!!!!! Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...dh and i are going to take the mutt up the mountain this am. I think she'll like it.

Trish thanks for tyring to make me feel better about the dentist LOL...i just wish when i was a kid i listened to my parents and did a better job with my teeth...i was horrible about brushing them...now i'm religious about it...but sometimes its hard to make up for being a bad kid LOL

hope everyone else is well...check back later
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All ~ more rain here on this end as well... uggghhhh. It's hard to believe that summer vacation kicks in next week and yet the weather is far from summery. Oh well, a month from now I'll be complaining that it's too hot and humid LOL.

Trish ~ Man, you are one busy lady! Those kids keep you hoppin' and don't realize what a good thing that they've got. You sound like such a fantastic mom. How big of a party are you having for DS?

GG ~ Enjoy Day #2 off (in spite of the dentist appointment;-). I hated going to the dentist as a kid. I tolerate it now but can't say that I like it. You wouldn't believe how my kids act about going to their dentist. They get all goofy with excitement. I take them to a pediatric dentist and things have sure changed from when I was a kid. I just took them last Friday and I was looking around and seeing how relaxed and happy all of the kids were in the waiting room. I was scared stiff of my dentist when I was a kid. Of course, the guy was about as gentle as King Kong.

Hanna ~ I'm glad to hear that you finally got some good zzzz's in. The only sleep aid that I've ever taken is Tylenol PM and I dislike how it makes me feel the next morning. By the way, did you ever start going back to the gym? I know how much you used to love going and I haven't heard you mention it in a while. Can you work out with FibroM?

Alicia ~ you've been in my thoughts. Hope that GM on doing better and that your new job works out. Working 3 days straight away from the family will be tough.

KarenK ~ LOL at your stories about the kids. They sound like busy little bees!

Lisa ~ what gives??? When are you going to spill Girl???

Lauren ~ what did DH find out about his job?

Pam ~ How is your neck/shoulders? Is the chiro helping that? Also, when is vacation for your family? Have fun on the field trip today.

I did join WW Monday night and I've been staying OP. The only thing that I just can't give up is my half and half in my morning coffee. That is something that I enjoy too much and the last thing that I need is to start my day off cranky LOL. I need to run to pick up groceries, dry cleaning, etc., etc... so gotta roll. Have a great day all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #4  

joan- i agree...things are so different for kids. dentist and dr's really try to be gentle and make things fun...instead of terrifying like when i was young...but o well.

Had a good morning....went hiking with the dog and wore her out. Now it looks like it might rain soon...we need it..off to have lunch and then off to dentist apt.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning everyone!

Alicia

GG I hate the dentist, some people like me just have lots of cavities and lots of visits to the dentist, a big contribution to your teeth is also genetic, which you can't change. Good luck! can you listen to your Ipod while on "the" chair?

Joan is is awesome you are joining WW

Trish AKA super busy momma! it is great you are going to spend time as a family! enjoy!

Well I took my Cymbalta very early yesterday, like right when I got up in the morning. Had an OK day, took the little princess to the vet for post op appointment she looks great! I love my vet! Oh my G-d I gave them all a bath too ALL dudes got one and they feel so soft, they hate getting cleaned but once they are done they are so happy! Anyway back to the Cymbalta, I had a great night sleep, only took Temazapan to sleep and oh my, I needed a good night sleep, it felt so good! I am rested today, I am going to see how it goes today, I took the Cymbalta right when I got up again, I hope it is it!!! that would be so great!!! I mean it!!! LOL.

I had a feud at the yarn shop I buy my yarn and I am pretty upset over it. Right now I have not decided if I am going to continue going there, all though w/have a very nice group that meets there on Fridays, we knit, we chat, we shop, we eat together.... I need to think what to do....

Today I am going to a friends house to teach her knitting, I am so much looking forward to it, I love to knit.
I find myself eating more (more carbs and sweets) now that the days are getting longer and warmer, I thought it was suppose to be the opposite, people eat more in the winter, does any one have the same problem? what is the deal???

I am going to get in the shower, I will see you all later!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #6  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Okay here is the deal.......

Not having a good two days. I have been so stressed out. My husband's ex-wife called and left a message on his voice mail that she now wants custody of our 11 yr old. It is like every 3 or 4 months she will stir up some mess and then lay low for awhile and then she will be at it again. All I know is that it is physically and mentally draining me. She said that she would like to try it out for 2 or 3 years. But being a parent ends after 3 years.

My husband and I have raised her together since she was 1. He took care of her on his own before that. So no I did not give birth to her but I still feel that she is mine. But like I said very stressful and needed to vent.

I have not been able to get up in the morning to work out. Not sleeping well as usual but this added stress does not help.

Sorry for the bad mood and the negative stuff but needed to get it off my chest.

Hope everyone has a good day and I will try to make mine better.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #7  

hang in there fergie...you may not be able to control stupid people, but you can control what you put in your mouth and workout. I hightly recommend trying to work out/exercise. It really helps relieve some of the stress.

Hannah- i know what you mean about teeth/genetics. Im actually getting a filling redone. The previous dentist left a "hook" on my filling so bacteria is getting trapped between the filling and the tooth causing tooth decay. So its an already existing problem...just have to get the filling redone. Hope the cymbalta is helping...fyi what happened at the yarn shop?

alright all..i'm off soon for the dentist.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Soooo busy!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #9  

fergi ~ I agree with GG. What you're going thru sounds incredibly stressful. Getting in some exercise will help you in more ways than one.

Hanna ~ I'm curious too... what happened at the knitting shop? I know how much you love going there.

GG ~ Sounds like you've had an excellent morning. Good luck at the dentist!

I went grocery shopping and feel so proud of myself. I ran several errands and then did my grocery shopping at the end since I was getting produce and cold items. By the time that I got to the store I was *so* hungry. DD was too and I got her a cookie from the Bakery. It smelled sooooooooo good and I wanted a sweet soooooooo bad. I went to the salad bar and loaded up a big salad with veggies and grilled chicken and came home and had that for lunch. Tasted great and now I have no desire for a cookie. Sweets are my biggest temptation and I need to wean myself away from them. I'd gotten in the habit of having some sort of sweet every single day ~ not good.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #10  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

You know what you guys are right. I am going to the gym when I get off of work. I wish they had the kickboxing class today. That would really relieve some stress.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'9"

uggggggggggggggg...this day seemed doomed from the start. I seriously my need to seek out some anti-depressants. I have been in 'a mood' for 4 days now that I just can't shake. It's a 'i don't care about anything' mood. and on top of all the regular crappy life stuff, I seem to have hit a wall with the weight loss. Maybe if I stop eating all together....jk I love food too much for that, but I'd like one thing in life to stay on track.
It's rainy today too. That can't be helping.

Anyway, hope u all have a good day!!
foodvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Afternoon All

I'm finally home, its been a long day. Parent-teacher conf. went well, still think I'm gonna keep the little princess home for one more year before kindergarten. I don't think it hurts them to be a little older, plus she's the last one and I want to enjoy her longer. Had a nice lunch with the church gals after getting my hair colored, that makes me feel tons better all by itself. Then we had some praise practice for this Sunday when we'll lead the youth group. Overall, its been a good day. I used restraint at lunch and packed 1/2 my meal to go, it was yummy too!! I don't know where Sis wants to go for her b-day dinner but I think I'm gonna eat something light before I go so that I don't get crazy. I am such a party animal, roar!

Fergi, I deal with that stuff from my ex too. He took me to court 3 years ago for custody of 1 of our 3 kids we had together, 1. He rears his ugly head now and again and stirs things up. I think its Satan stepping in to say "hey, you think you got it all together??? Guess What?" and my life goes to poop for a while. You have to find something positive and hold to that. I just finally gave it over to God and said what happens, happens and I'll do what I know is right and from there I have no control. So, keep your chin up, I'll be thinking about you.

GG, SMILE!

Hanna, so mysterious about the knitting episode......

food, talk to GG about hitting the wall, she worried over it but things finally moved for her, stay with it.

Gotta go pick up Mr. Destruction from school, have a nice evening gals.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #13  

Trish ~ your names for your kids (and dogs) always make me chuckle. Is your youngest turning 5 today? DS was an April baby and I held him. It depends on the child but I know what you mean about not wanting to let go... They grow up so darn fast.

fergi ~ good for you! What we put in our mouths and how we move our bodies is really the only thing in this life that we have complete control over.

food ~ wow! I just noticed your height! You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I'd give anything to be at your current weight.

Time to go run one more errand before picking Jr. up from school for his afternoon dr. appointment. Later ~ Joan
Old 05-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Hey all! Thought I would pop in to say hi and see how everyone has been doing. Looks like I am not the only one in a "mood"! I had to go to court this morning because of my ex-husbands lack of child support payments (8 years worth) and the whole stress of that situation has put me in the mood... Plus, I joined that biggest loser challenge thinking it would really motivate me and push me to lose over the next month, but all it has done is overwhelm me to the point I wanna quit! Oh well... It is that TOM for me, so that probably has everything to do with my mood! Hopefully I can shake it and get back on plan tomorrow!
to everyone, I have to get dinner started so don't have time to address everyone personally. Hope everyone has a good evening!
Steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #15  

evening all..well the dentist trip was horrid. I was there for 2 freaking hrs. Yep...that is officially the longest i've been at a dentist. When i went to a cleaning a few months ago, i was there 1.45 hrs and was annoyed..now i know i will be changing dentist. Especially since it made me 5 min late for my chiro apt. I got in the chair immediately they said the dentist would be in shortly, 10 min later he came in and numbed me. Of corse it takes a bit for the anesthesia to kick in but i had to wait 25 min for him to return. I know it was a lot of work he had to do...but 2 hrs. By the time he was on the second area, the anesthesia was wearing off and i could feel it. But i didnt want to get renumbed. So let's just say it was a horrid experience..oh well...at least my filling was fixed. Time for new dentists.

food- i will tell you how i got out of my rutt. I wrote everything down religously and started looking for trends...ie too much carbs, not enough fiber, not enough veggies/fruit etc. I started tweeking my food. Eliminating one thing or another..now don't get me wrong...i'm not perfect (still trying to give up my one a day can of coke) but its started to help. Also, i am doing high intensity exercise. I do alot of interval training with weight training. That's really helped...i was stalled for weeks.

steph-hang in there

joan- good job on avoiding the bakery.