Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/222/140

Height: 5'6''

Unhappy Need support uhh!!

So I lost like 20lbs and then I got all excited and started going out to eat and quit exercising I need help its like I get all excited when I do well and let myself go I need help! I hope yall are doin way better than me.
MsShes2BigShes2Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Today - food is so much more than just nourishment. It's celebration! It's no wonder why we sometimes sabotage our weight loss by celebrating with food - but it's a habit you should try to break for long term success.

You lost 20 lbs, that's awesome, instead of a restaurant dinner "to celebrate" (I'm just inferring you didn't pick a healthy restaurant and try really hard to find something "on plan" to eat) - why not try a pedicure? Or a massage? Or let yourself blow 10.00 on great iTunes songs for your workout?

I have to admit - I'm not 100% there yet myself. I still celebrate with food more than I should. I have managed to quit associating WEIGHT LOSS with FOOD CELEBRATION (I tend to celebrate stuff like birthdays, promotions with nice dinners out - NOT weight goals).

You lost 20 lbs, go back to the healthy plan that was working for you. Come up with fun 10 lb weight loss milestones that do NOT include food. You can do this!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/179/147

Height: 5'5

Oh I'm exactly the same way!!!!!!!! One of my biggest fears in trying to lose weight again is gaining it all back for the millionth time! I too will take the advice that was given to you! Oh, I just hope I can do it!! Good luck to you! A pedicure does sound wonderful!!!
jadedlily321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I figure that you've learned two lessons ....

You know how to lose and you know how you gained. That's pretty valuable knowledge in the weight loss game.

It doesn't matter what came before as long as you do your best from now on in.
Do what's right, right now.
And we're here at 3FC will help. Stick with us!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I'm feeling pretty much the same. I've been doing really well. Losing slowly, but truly making healthy choices a lifestyle. Suddenly, my mojo is gone, gone, gone and my head seems to have forgotten who I have become over the past 2 years. I think it's fear...I'm very close to goal....the season changed and I'm no longer wearing sweatshirts....the world sees my changes.....the world starts to make comments.....I got nervous from the attention....I start to go back up....NOT THIS TIME....back on track today...MsShes2BigShes2Thin, hop on the track with me. It'll be more fun together than alone!!!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey Ms,

Sounds like you have a secret belief that once you lose the weight, you're done and can go back to your old habits.

Most of us have found through repeated experience that that doesn't work. You can't go back to eating the way you used to, and not exercising--because, let's face it, that's how you gained weight.

So, think in terms of finding out how you can eat to lose weight, and then how you can eat to maintain your loss. The old days are gone, and the old ways need to go with them.

Hang in there! Get back on your program! Don't wait until you have to start all over again, as so many of us have done.

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Don't lose hope! I'm the same way. Why is that?

I was doing great - exercising and watching what I was eating and actually lost a dress size (not so much weight) with just doing little things but something clicks in my head and I think that I'm done and I sabotage myself. Drop a dress size and okay go back to the bad habits. I feel for you but GloryBe and Susan B and the others here are right - we need to FOCUS.

We need to hang in there and come up with a plan and stick with it.

I am struggling right now because I am juggling my kids ball schedules and it leaves me with "when do I workout" syndrome. But because of this, I know that a couple of times of week, I need to make it a point to get up early and workout in the morning to get my exercise in. I KNOW that I have to exercise to lose weight but again, something in my head works against me.

We need to pick ourselves up and shake it off! We can do this!
TorJonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #8  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Sounds like you have a secret belief that once you lose the weight, you're done and can go back to your old habits.

Most of us have found through repeated experience that that doesn't work. You can't go back to eating the way you used to, and not exercising--because, let's face it, that's how you gained weight.

So, think in terms of finding out how you can eat to lose weight, and then how you can eat to maintain your loss. The old days are gone, and the old ways need to go with them.
PREACH!!!!!!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/222/140

Height: 5'6''

Wink Thanks

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful advice sorry took so long to respond I couldn't find the thread (shows how much I've been on here, because I'd rather be stuffing my face!) But yeah I need to get a mind set and I'm good once I get going but I have a treadmill in my room and it's sitting there and I say each morning after class ok I'm goin to get on it, and I never do I dunno it's like if I do I'd be on my way to losing weight again but I can't seem to hop on I'm always too tired or find something to do should I just smack myself and get on or is something bad going to have to happen for me to do it, I will say although it hurts so much but when someone calls me names or something happens and it's due to my weight it motivates me so much sometimes too much into starvation mode but it works, or maybe I just need that flu virus again just kidding well thank you all very much best of luck to you all
MsShes2BigShes2Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:12 AM   #10  

I'm going to take this chance to throw in a little tip.

Although I have regained (more than this once before) I have never grown out of all of my size 4's.

I have almost always lifted weights and that has kept me smaller even when I'm heavier.
And in reality ... as long as you are smaller, does it matter what the scale says?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #11  

SusanB, May I ask how much you've regained and why do you think it happened? Stressers life threw at you or just tired of being on top of every bite? What helps you stop regaining and gets you back on track? You've been on here a long time. I remember posting on some of the same threads as you 5 years ago and you continue to inspire me.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #12  

I'd be more than happy to answer your question Lovinmom, although I think my answer could get rather nebulous. Be forewarned! I've rambled before.

The first time,(probably around the time I first met you) I lost 30 lbs in 2 months. I ate 1200 cals and walked over an hour most days. You can probably see where I'm going with this one. I didn't learn a thing. I thought there would come a point when I could go back to normal. Oh maybe exercise some, maybe watch for really fatty foods ... but nothing too inconvenient or uncomfortable. That does not work.

Everybody yoyo's a bit and so did I.

This time does coincide with some health and/or medication situations. But it also coincides with me eating badly and not exercising (which probably would have helped my health situation too). Blurry focus?

I'm not sure that 'stressors life threw at me' is quite accurate. It's more like 'my reaction to stuff that happens'. I know of no conclusive studies that prove ice cream cures back pain!

Each time, I'm convinced that I've got it! That I've learned to live like a thin person does. As of yet I have not, but I do learn something each time it happens.

What gets me back on track? I remember what it was like to be thin. I really like it! And 3FC. I can immerse myself in healthy, slender, fit thinking. I'm not sure what I did before the internet.

That's all I can think of ... whatever that's worth. Who knows? It might help someone.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:51 AM   #13  

Susan, I yo yo'd for 27 years and am still getting it right. In May 2006 I decided enough yo yoing and enough being unfit. I've tried to focus on really small changes in my diet and being active every day. The changes have resulted in a net loss of 35# in the past two years. I've gained over that time, but have learned to get back on track after 5#. I do go almost crazy thinking I've lost it completely and here comes all the weight back on again. Surfing around here at 3FC get's me back to the thin thinking and all the positive posts remind me, yep I feel much better when I walk, ride bike, yoga, play tennis...anything other than sit on my rump and watch Dr Phil and Oprah.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

i'm also the same way and it's part of the problem right now. I see some success on the scale and I think "oh I can eat a little bit more or celebrate with something not so great" It really is a change of thinking....
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote