Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 11:48 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Lazy Saturday

Hi everyone... Not sure if anyone else will see this before Monday, but I just wanted to feel better about myself and knew you guys could help.

OK, here's my dilemma: I'm trying to go to the gym three times a week and would like to eventually make it there 4 times. Well, the last few weeks, I've made it there only once or twice (one week I didn't go at all). I used to have NO trouble getting there at all because I'd just go right after work. Well, that was OK, except after the first of the year, it started getting PACKED in there to the point that I couldn't do as much of a workout as I wanted to when I went right after work. (I go to a Contours Express and most people go around twice. I go around 3 full times, then two more times doing just the aerobic.) Besides, I'm usually too hungry to go right after work and I don't want to have to have a snack before working out because then I can't eat as much at mealtimes. (isn't that sad? )

So, it's crappy here and I was going to try to get to the gym today, but I find myself making excuses everytime I try to get there... Where has my motivation to go to the gym gone??? And, I really should go b/c we went to the bar last night and a friend and I split an appetizer sampler platter--onion strips, cheese sticks, cheese cubes, tater skins, and hot wings in addition to a drink or two. And I know there'll be eating tonight at this party I'm going to. Of course, I'll be taking my own low-point snack but what if I can't say no to temptation?

I feel like I'm not going to lose a thing at WI on Tuesday and I'm afraid my leader will say something mean again. If he even asks what happens, I'll tell him I dunno and kcik him in the--nevermind.

I was doing so well for so long. Has anyone else ever reached this point, where they sort of don't care anymore? I don't like this at all!!

OK, I better get some cleaning done if I'm not going to the gym. Maybe if I do it all as fast as I can. I'll break a sweat.
Old 03-09-2002, 02:08 PM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hey Jess!

I know where you are coming from. When I belonged to the gym about 4 or 5 years ago, my best friend and I went 3 times a week. Now that my DH and I are members of the same gym, we haven't been in so long, I can't remember!!
About going right after work, take a banana and eat it on your way there. That way, you get the vitamins you need, plus a natural sugar spike to get you through the workout! Besides, it's only 2 points and you'll more than earn that with the workout. I can never eat a full meal before I excercise and vice versa...I can't excercise when I'm hungry. But, when I walk at work, I will eat a snack like an orange or banana around 11:00 and then walk at 11:30. It works out great!!
Good luck! and enjoy your weekend!
Closed Thread