Old 05-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #1  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 177/138/144

Height: 5'5"

Default No veg. Baked Beans?! WHY??(God, WHYYY)

Well, I've been using my OLD complete food companion book, where Veg. Baked beans were checked Core! Now, I was just looking for a recipe and someone said they're no longer considered Core!
Does anyone know why?
Is this still true if you make a recipe at home (without sugar)??
RolyPolyPolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #2  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

If you make your own, and all the ingredients you use in your recipe are core, it would be core. I would imagine it's the sugar in the beans that make them non-core.

Last edited by twestra; 05-03-2008 at 12:39 AM.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

Check the label and see if there are any non-core ingredients. There may be hidden sugars. What I do for prepared food is look at the ingredients and see if they are all core. If they are, I use them as core. I find that works for me. For example, Grapenuts. There is no sugar or fat in them and they are made with all core things. Per WW they are not core, but I consider them core and it has not happered my weight loss.

I say, if you find one that is made with core ingredients, try it as core. If you find its affecting your loss, stop using it. Other wise, I say go ahead!

OK, probably will never be allowed to be a ww leader I've been doing core for a very long time (years). WW seems to not really support it much, at least in my meetings. HTH.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote