UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #1  

Default Where do i start?

I've been trying to lose weight for the last 2 and a half months through cutting down portion sizes , cutting right back on the junk and exercising everyday (normally a cardio type dvd)

I'm now a kilo heavier than i was at the beginning

I didnt want to go on a "diet" as my eating habits and cravings go wild, but it looks like i'll have to now

Where do i start? there are no weightwatchers/slimming world club near me and i cant really afford to do it online, i need recomendations for a good diet plan that isnt too faffy or restrictive.

Any help and ideas will be very welcome (got our first holiday coming up in 10 months and would love to shift upto a couple of stone.
st2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Its all too easy IMHO to eat healthily and still put on weight. Many people fail to recognise this. What you need is some kind of measure of what you are eating with a goal for the day. Easiest is something like WW where the measures are given to you but for me calorie counting is the most flexible but needs a little more work (measuring portion size and finding out the calories in that portion).

I've lost nearly 80lbs in a year counting calories, so I know it works.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Maybe you should look into your calories, keep a food diary and count how many calories you consume per day, you might be amazed! for your height and current weight there will be a certain number of calories you should be eating LESS than in order to lose weight. (that's how i did it anyway)

Last edited by Spoz; 05-02-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:03 AM   #4  

Well ive just started on the south beach diet so lets see how i get on!!
st2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i find it so hard to keep a food journal and to count calories....
i simply limit myself to breakfast, two pieces of fruit during the day and an evening meal....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote