Old 04-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Default Foods that get you through your TOM?

Without blowing your calories/points!! I know for about a week before my TOM, I get super hungry, and randomly crave salty then sweet, etc etc. I dont want to blow my points by getting cheesy greasy pizza or gooey chocolate cake ().

Two things I've found this week that helped are Smart Ones Meat Lasagna (6pts) random, but did the trick. It was hot, gooey and cheesy. And Fiber One Chocolate Oat bars (2pts) OMG these things are RIDICULOUSLY good!!! they're so gooey and chocolaty

What foods work for you to satisfy cravings?
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #2  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I'm a little curious about this, as well - going to be my first TOM next week, and I have no idea how this will hit me (I skipped my period last month- Yay hormonal BC!)

I have been enjoying a little Cool Whip Free mixed in with my Stoneyfield Farm Chocolate Underground yogurt - mix it up, and freeze it for a few hours, and it's a lovely frozen treat.

Fiber One bars are awesome, I do agree. I had to hide them, though - my roommate kept stealing them! My favourite is the caramel ones.

I have also significantly cut down on my soda intake, but I do like the Cherry Chocolate Diet Dr. Pepper, for a taste of something sweet at night.

As far as salty - I've been trying to make do with popcorn. It's not one of my favourite foods, but I always feel like I'm eating a lot when I make it. Good for when I "need" to have something to mindlessly munch.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #3  
The Last 10lbs!

Hot chocolate! You get to savour it, and it lasts longer than a chocolate bar Plus, it doesn't have all the calories (if you get the right type). The kind I have is Options by Ovaltine and it is 0 points for a serving!!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by staja View Post
I have been enjoying a little Cool Whip Free mixed in with my Stoneyfield Farm Chocolate Underground yogurt - mix it up, and freeze it for a few hours, and it's a lovely frozen treat.
I"m def going to try this!! And the hot chocolate idea above is brilliant. They're both going on the shopping list.

Last edited by DCchick; 04-30-2008 at 04:45 PM.
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

The Fiber One bars were good but ended up wreaking havoc on my digestive tract

Hot chocolate is a must - another way to get a hot chocolate fix is to heat up 1c of chocolate almond milk... 1 point and oooh so good!

No Sugar Added fudgecicles are one of my favorite ways to kill a chocolate craving. There are WW brand ones but I buy regular store brand ones for cheap.

If you want something substantial and chocolate, stir in a package of hot chocolate mix to a serving of cooked oatmeal. It tastes really, really good and kind of hits that "warm, gooey, chocolatey" craving.

I don't have good thoughts on salty things, as I don't tend to crave salt....
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #6  
The Last 10lbs!

Whoa suite, that hot chocolate in oatmeal sounds fantastic. I think I'll be doing that someday soon!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #7  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh my gosh! You guys are making me drool into my bag of popcorn! LOL
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #8  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

The No-Pudge brownies help keep my chocolate cravings in check. I have to freeze them individually though...if I store them out of the freezer I'm likely to eat them all. But I freeze them individually, and then I can thaw one for 10-secs in the microwave, and have a chocolate treat.

Also, believe it or not, blueberry rooibos tea has been kicking my nightly hot/sweet cravings. I used to drink a mug of hot chocolate (1% milk with Hershey's Syrup) every night before bed, but I got tired of having to spend points on that when I'd rather spend them earlier in the day. Blueberry rooibos tea is hot, naturally sweet, and no points per cup (unless you add sugar...then it has points). I drink 1 or 2 mugs before bed, and it really knocks the cravings out. Plus, it helps me sleep (rooibos is good for calming and helping you sleep).

Another favorite TOM treat is a medium sliced banana with 1 Tablespoon Hershey's Light Syrup drizzled over it, 3 points total. So creamy and yummy!
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:01 PM   #9  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I love the WW Ice Cream Bars! Fudge are 110 calories and Oreo Cookie are 130-140. They are SO good- they don't taste like diet food!
I also love a bag of 100 calorie Kettle Corn! Or a caramel Fiber One Bar!

Last edited by bethbeth; 04-30-2008 at 06:02 PM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

For no POINTS I like the sugar free Jello cups topped with fat free whipped cream, for 1 POINT I like sugar free chocolate pudding cups topped with the same fat free whipped cream. I've had one of each today as it's been a stressful week I also just recommended in another thread the WW Whitman's candy. The coconut (my favorite) ones are 1 POINT and they are big enough to kick the chocolate craving.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #11  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

The WW 1 point PB bars are absolutely to die for...like a Reeses cup...SO GOOD!!! (and try them frozen!) I like the WW mint chocolate chip ice cream..and a new favorite, the Smart Ones Mint chocolate brownies (wow...it's delicious!) A lot of the WW yogurts are really great too--amaretto cheesecake, Boston cream pie, key lime pie (I tend to throw them into smoothies...mmmmm...)

Salty--I agree, kettle corn. Add some splenda, cinnamon, and salt for an extra treat!
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I'm going to sub to this thread, so I can take note of all these! I tend to crave two things the most... chocolate, and avocado!

Some of the chocolate suggestions are great...My sister says the WW frozen fudge pops are yummy, and big.

I haven't figured out healtheir alternatives for my TOM cravings yet, so I appreciate this!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote