Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 10:17 PM   #1  

Default Buncha losers (3-6 & beyond)

This is a buncha losers , formerly known as 200 in 2001. Join in were a friendly buncha losers .
Old 03-06-2002, 10:33 PM   #2  

Hi everybody ,

Boy there seems to be a few more people these days .

Ruby , welcome back & congrats on being lower than you thought . That's always nice .

I went to the new lawyer last weds . I liked him , he was very clear & thorough . His office is in a victorian house & they have two pet cats . I love cats . He said I should ask the mother for custody & if she said no , then be ready for a fight . She said she'd give temporary custody if I promised to give them to her permanently this summer . I can't promise that , although i'd love it if I thought she'd improved that much . I'd jump for joy . I go see the lawyer tomorrow . I imagine that's when I give up most of my tax return . It's a good cause . Those little munchkins deserve a boring middle class home , instead of the turmoil they got . I'll keep you posted on our saga . I've discovered the new (to me) Kashi cereal , lean crunch . I love it . Yum .

Kathy
Old 03-07-2002, 08:32 PM   #3  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hi guys,
I had a stinky weigh in this week, but it was very expected the darn girl scout cookies got the best of me
I can't post much now just wanted to check in, hi everybody!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2002, 08:40 PM   #4  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hey mysterygilrl, i just looked at this months calender and realized you and i share our birthday!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 10:57 PM   #5  

Hey gals!

I weighed in this morning and have lost about 3 pounds since Monday morning. I didn't really try too hard because I was so busy. I know I have to really get into it or I won't continue to lose so this week I will
1) Drink all my water
2) Stay within my points
3) Get to the YMCA at least twice this week
4) Try not to be too bad while I'm on the business trip

I was hoping to feel better about my efforts. The result was great but I don't quite feel like I put in the necessary work.

I have a busy weekend so I hope to check in before I leave on Wednesday. If not, wish me luck!

Ruby
253/250/199
Old 03-09-2002, 01:02 PM   #6  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, bunchas.

Swan, thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers. The dentist was surprised at how quickly the procedure went -- just a half hour for four cavities. He thought it would be an hour. And it was pain-free, too. Don't let anyone tell you God doesn't hear prayers (even if He doesn't always answer them the way we think He should). You've never had a cavity!?? I want your genes! (And your healthy habits, too, which I'm working on.)

Ruby, how did your dentist visit go? Congrats on the loss; just keep plugging along and enjoy those pleasant surprises when they happen!

Kathy, good luck with the lawyer. I hope you can get the kids; it's obvious you're great with them.

Bimbo, NGAMO. I can't touch the Girl Scout cookies either; major red-light food. Don't beat yourself up; just look in the mirror, tell yourself that you're worth it, and be good to yourself.

I've had mixed days lately -- overall, I'm within points, but occasionally I go over. Weight is holding steady between 192 and 193. I'm eating too much sugar again, which doesn't help. Today, I seem to have picked up some slight stomach bug. Weird. I'm never sick. I'm trying to decide if it'll stop me from going shopping.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/192.5/189 by April 17
Old 03-10-2002, 03:01 AM   #7  

Hi all ,

Good job Ruby ! Busy is good , isn't it ? That's why I love spring & summer . Can't wait .

Lauren , if you have a bug , I hope it doesn't last long . Lotsa icky stuff going around . Maybe it's a side affect of your dental work . I'm also a sugar lover . It's tough to stay away from .

I gained this week . Totally expected . Stress ugh ! Weight watchers has started a new program . weight watchers aid . A weight watchers leader can "hire" an aid . You don't have to be a lifetime member because you don't do weigh ins or take money . My leader asked me & I started today . one lady who goes said . "if you hang around long enough they'll hire you" . I told her they probably felt guilty taking my money . I get my meeting free & products 1/2 price . I can use any help I can get . I was touched that she thought of me . I was kind of nervous . I thought people would think , "what's that tubbo think she's doing?". Which they may have thought . It gives me a new focus , I hope . Kathy
Old 03-10-2002, 08:02 AM   #8  
CAZ

Default new girl in town

good morning; i'm definitely new to this forum - took advantage of the 3fatchick 'chat' a few years ago. when i enter it now, never seems to be anyone there sooooooooo......... i thought i'd check this out
Old 03-10-2002, 08:16 AM   #9  
CAZ

I joined WW 13 months ago and have lost 81 lbs so far. When I reach goal, I will have lost 142 lbs - so I am more than half way.
I attend my WW mtgs on Tuesday evenings and truly look forward to them. I am fortunate to attend this particular mtg - it has the record of being the 'losing-est' group in the district. There is about 50 in the group and we consistently lose around a 100 lbs. a week. I celebrated my 1 yr anniversary in WW a month ago (loss at that time was 75 lbs). Aside from the weight loss, my next goal for that year was to weigh in EVERY week and STAY for the meeting, (unless I was on holiday) regardless of what I thought the weigh-in would be like - good, bad or ugly! I kept that promise and THAT in itself felt great! I am a veteran at this weight loss thing - I've been on diets for the last 35 years. This time is the charm and for that I am grateful and thrilled every single day. So, that's a little bit about me and hopefully I will figure out how this whole 'forum thing' works and I'll get the hang of it.
Old 03-13-2002, 07:26 AM   #10  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, Caz, welcome back! Nice to see you here. You're really doing great.

Kathy, an aid?? Good for you!! That sounds like fun. What kind of stuff do you do?

I'm down this week and getting very close now to my April 17 goal. But I'm not fooled -- I know myself too well. I've lost well the past couple of weeks, but I'm now entering into Hormonal **** soon, so I could easily stall here until April. In any case, I think making those changes I mentioned a few weeks ago is what's doing the trick. In particular, no longer banking my exercise points.

I've got to say, I'm VERY excited about almost being in the 180s. That's Philadelphia territory for me. (Nine years ago now.) I tried on my wedding dress last night, and it's officially too big. I feel like I'm getting back to normal, that weighing 274 pounds was just a strange detour.

Last night we brought up my spring/summer clothes (they were in a suitcase in the basement) and I tried them all on. That was fun, because I weigh about 40 pounds less than I did last spring. I finally said goodbye to some fall/winter clothes that were hanging in my closet that I've loved but can no longer wear. Periodically doing this helps me remember one of the reasons why I'm doing this for myself.

Here's the kicker: I tried on my largest jeans, the ones I wore at my heaviest. (I'm saving those.) Guess what? I could fit *all* of me into ONE LEG of those jeans!!!! They're a size 28 stretch jeans from Lane Bryant. Wow, was that an eye-opener. Sometimes it's easy to forget just how far we've come.

Here's another sign of spring -- the cats are shedding copiously!

I'll try to check in before my company arrives on Thursday. She'll be here through Monday.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/190.5/189 by April 17 83.5 pounds down!
Old 03-14-2002, 10:27 PM   #11  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all!!

We've officially survived Disneyland -and walked a bunch! My thighs were starting to cramp at the end of the day!! Loved Toontown the most. My DD is a wimp about scary rides and both Space Mountain and Splash Mountain were closed. And the Pirates one. But we had plenty to keep us busy. I'd like to work there a years as a groundskeeper just to see what it takes to keep the landscaping so incredibly gorgeous.

From a weight loss standpoint, I am going the other way. What's a girl to do? On Monday we fly home and I truly tackle adding mileage to my walks for the upcoming Avon Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk. Gotta get those sponsorships going, too. Any of you folks wanna help me raise $1900. by March 29th, PLEASE feel free to contact me: [email protected] Of course, it's a fundraiser, so I'll certainly accept funds afterward, but the big push is for my minimum to participate in the walk. And so far, I've used about $300 of my own money to register and write and mail letters.

Lauren -are you still ill? Are you perhaps preggers? Or is that a naughty word at your house? Hang in there, either way.

Caz -welcome aboard. I'm a yo-yo threader. Just too many irons in the fire to be as consistent as I'd like. A girlfriend put this way. It's difficult to afford the "luxury" of weightloss when I'm doing so much right now. Kathy -I think you are ahead of me in that situation.

RubyRuby is back!! I'm glad to see you, kiddo! It's so great to see you cause, you keep on trying. And you are making a bit more of a difference, each time. Squeeze that precious girl for me!

Just a tidbit, ladies. I booked 5 different hotels thru expedia.com and in each case the price was cheaper than the rack rate (well, duh!) and the corporate discount. In some cases, significantly cheaper. All 5 were at different chains, the Ramada I personally would not do again. But the prices were great and so easy to find a hotel in some odd places. Ever hear of Roseville or Cambria? Tonight I get to sleep in the same room with my DH!! I sprung for the deluxe suite this time -we get a bedroom door and everything!
TTFN!!
Old 03-17-2002, 04:18 AM   #12  

Hi all ,

Dora , for some reason I didn't think you were going to Disneyland until spring break . I'm glad you had fun . The grounds there are fabulous , I agree . I don't know if jasmine blooms year round there , but when we went it was in bloom . It smelled heavenly . You didn't go on the Indiana Jones ride , huh ? Too bad .

Lauren , I guess my actual title is "member helper" . I stand near the line & ask people if they need nametags , if there are new joining members , answer questions , help people find lost folders . stock shelves , etc... All the stuff that keeps the leader from being able to help the members . It is fun . It gets me out there meeting more people .

I can't believe i've been going almost four years . I know i've lost a lot , but when I think of 4 years & the lack of success i've had especially in the last year , I feel like a failure . I wonder what the record is for length of time an active member has gone to weight watchers without meeting goal ? I do still enjoy going , though . I lost a pound this week , which was great . I go to court on April 4th , I don't relish that .

Welcome Caz , you are doing great . It sounds like you have a really dedicated group , too . I don't know what my groups weight loss is weekly . The meeting I go to is pretty big , maybe not 50 , though .

have a great St. Patricks day . Kathy
Old 03-18-2002, 09:04 AM   #13  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, bunchas.

Dora, glad you had such a great time! It's always great to hear from you. What's your cut-off point in terms of weight gain? Do you have one? (A point above which you refuse to go.)

I'm not still ill; thanks for asking. I've just had lots of houseguests lately. I'm in a rush this morning to get to work, so I'm juct checking in quickly.

Kathy, good for you getting that pound off. I think it takes as long as it takes. I've been at this for almost four years now, too, though I took breaks from going to meetings. I think it's awesome that you're still plugging away at this and it speaks well for keeping the weight off permanently.

We just begin our Lent today. (Our Easter isn't until the first week of May.) I've decided to observe the fast after all, so we got all animal products out of the house with two exceptions: tuna fish and egg beaters. I think I'll probably incorporate them into the fast so that I don't overload on carbs. (The Orthodox church eats no animal products during the period of Lent.) If any of you have good, high-protein vegan recipes, I'm all ears.

I've been over points this whole week, partly due to PMS and partly due to company. I'm up a couple of pounds, too. But it'll pass. I'm continuing to write it all down, which keeps me from going too far off the rails by keeping me honest. Sure is hard to write some of those points down, though. Hey, I guess that's the, um, point.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/190.5/189 by April 17
Old 03-20-2002, 11:56 AM   #14  

Oh my goodness....
Marion happy belated birthday.

Well, I have been so far off track lately. I have been eating anything I can get my hands on. I am trying to get focused again. Sorry I wasn't posting lately, I have been bad I know.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:32 AM   #15  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Mystery, good to see you. Why do you think you've been struggling lately? Would it help you to write down your thoughts and feelings?

At our meeting this week, we talked about portion sizes. I figured I knew all there was to know about that, but I was wrong. Pam brought samples and asked us to guess which was the true serving size. For example, she brought three apples and we were supposed to guess which was the 4-ounce apple (which is one point, according to WW). I guessed the middle-sized apple, which was pretty dinky. Guess what? Even the teeniest apple she could find, which was very small, was 5 ounces! The apples I've been eating are more like 8 ounces, and are therefore 2 points. Who knew?

I was only up a half pound at WW, but I'm up 1.5# at home, and that's the figure I use, so ... there you go. TOM finally arrived, so I'm hoping it's all water -- but realistically, I did overeat last week. So I'm sure some of it is plain old fat. On the bright side, I do seem to be getting back to normal and am finding it easier not to overeat again. Hormones!

My little department at work has decided to make Wednesdays our go-out-to-lunch day. Yesterday my co-worker -- whose turn it was to pick the restaurant -- decided we should go to Macaroni Grill, a place I detest. (I love Italian food, but not when it's swimming in oil.) However, I found a good way to eat there. I ordered the vongole (clams in a white sauce on pasta), and they brought the sauce on the side for me. I could add as little as I wanted. A few spoonfuls were plenty. I still wish the sauce could've had more broth, less oil, but at least I didn't have to eat a dish that was dripping in it. (It still ended up being a high-point meal, largely due to the piece of tiramisu I split with someone else. Lent? What Lent? It takes me a while to get into the swing of Lent.)

How is everyone?

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/192/189 by April 17
Closed Thread