Old 04-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'11'

Unhappy I need encouragement, please...

OK guys I know this is kind of sad but.. I am a college student.. I was hungover last weekend and ended up eating badly, stopped working out all together the past 2 weeks, and am dealing with a 4500 calorie total overload (yes, I counted every single one of those hungover calories I put in my mouth). OK OK so I know this isnt much, relatively, but it changed my weight on the scale literally 6 lbs, and having been doing so well, I feel absolutely terrible now.. to the point where Ive been tryng to skip classes I can get away with skipping b/c I just dont feel like going out not looking my best. I need to run errands today and its a gorgeous day outside but I just cant bring myself to hop back on the train and put that overload behind me...

Sigh...
gonnagetthelifeiwant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/303/180

Height: 5'5

Hi, you need to put it behind you and keep moving forward. It's a new day embrace it and move on. You can do it. This is a great place to be and your hear for a reason.
Kellsua
kellsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #3  
Slow and sure chick

You are temporarily weighing more this week. TEM-PO-RA-RY
It will go away in about a week if you go back to eating better.
You may want to not weigh yourself again this week.

Our bodies retain fluid when we eat an excessive amount of simple carbs or salt, which is what most of "hangover food" is made from.
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #4  

I think it's fantastic that you owned up and counted all of those calories. We all have lapses in judgement and you can pick right back up and keep going. If you pick yourself up and keep going think of where you could be in 2 weeks... 4 weeks... etc.. But, if you stop because of a bad weekend, there's no telling where you could have ended up.

Whenever I have a bad day... or week! I try to remember that I'm in this for the long haul, I can't be perfect all the time and sometimes I have lapses in sanity apparently. The important thing is to keep going, you can do it!
lyterae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Get back on track, Chickie! 4500 calories is about 1.3 lbs. You did not gain 6 lbs. of fat. The sooner you just get back into your routine, the sooner that weight will fly off.

We all have lapses - not one Chickie here is perfect. Put it behind you, learn from the experience and strap on those tennis shoes and get moving
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #6  
On my way back to goal!

S/C/G: 218/201.5/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default I need encouragement, please...

gonnagetthelifeiwant,

I am a "recovering emotional binge eater" and when I have had what I call "an episode" - what I do is exactly the opposite of what I feel like doing. I make myself shower, get dressed nice and put on make-up, because this makes me feel better about myself. Only I know what I've done. Then I remind myself that I cannot change the past, but I can move on and change the future, and that I'm not a bad person because I did that, I'm human. I made a wrong choice (or choices) and I can learn from that.

Most of the weight gain you saw is from water retention because of the salt in the foods and the fact that alcohol acts as a diuretic. So, you will need to drink LOTS of water, and you will need to get back on program. I'll bet by next week you will see a marked improvement in that number on the scale.

Best wishes!

MariSue
MariSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

I agree with all these folks, drink your water to clean out all the salt, get out and take a walk on this beautiful day, and depending on what your calorie intake is, go 150 below and exercise an extra 150 calories worth and you've just counteracted all those extra calories. Tackle this right ASAP. It's way too easy to get into that cycle of " who cares?" and just throw good habits out the window.

We've all thrown caution to the wind at one time or another and ate with total abandon. For me it's the occasional night out that would involve 2-3 drinks, loaded nachos, a full meal and some dessert to top it off. The drunken munchies included:-) Every once in a while won't do long range damage.

Here's a trick that I use. If I overindulge, I may eat a light breakfast to get my metabolism moving in the morning but I won't eat again until my stomach growls at me. It just lets me know that my BODY wants food, it's used everything and I'm not mistaking it for anything other than physical hunger. It really lets me go forward with NO guilty feelings. I had my fun, I ate what I enjoyed and now I can move on with my normal eating. Hope that helps.

Last edited by sumu1; 04-26-2008 at 09:51 AM.
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Remember that every day is a new beginning. Try to carry on with your healthy eating - that extra weight (as other's have said) is partially water weight.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

Yup. Water gain can be huge after binges. I've been binging for the past 2 days with a net gain of only 2000 calories yet the scale says I'm 8 lbs heavier. So, worry not and keep going !
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #10  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh man, the scale after a night of drinking is the devil. Even if I have the calories to spend on drinks one night, I've been staying stone cold sober the entire time I've gone out these last few weeks. Why? I hate seeing that stupid number on the scale even though I know it's not my real weight. HATE IT.

It's not your real weight though, trust me. Just use this opportunity to focus and get back on track. That weight will come off soon and this will just be another blip on the radar.

And 4500 calories in hangover food...not even 1.5lbs! You're not up 6 buddy, don't worry. You probably just feel bloated and gross and like you gained about 20lbs even though you probably didn't gain anything. Drink water like everyone else said and give your body some time to get things sorted out. You'll feel better before you know it!
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #11  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I'm in exactly the same boat, except for the past few weeks I've ate constantly on some days upto about 3000/4000 calories, which is too much for anybody! I feel terrible about it, but I'm looking at it this way - I haven't quite regressed to my starting weight and I can lose it again, I just need tog et back on track.

Try and do as much as excercise as possible, and don't feel bad, the best way is to put a posative face on this and take action! Best of luck hun, let us know how it goes *big hugs*
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

STTTOOOOOPPPP!!!!

OK sorry about that! I am in exactly the same situation, being an MA student and all and even though I rarely drink, I have my slipping while in the wagon moments but the thing I have learned is that you have to get back at your feet. You binged and did not exercise. Consider it as your body taking a short vacation. But now, you will have to get back in trying. Remind yourself why you have started dieting in the first place. Remember the cute dress/outfit you want to buy and get back to your feet and DO IT!!!

Here is a of support from me.

preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote