Old 04-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186/150 or 140

Height: 5'4"

Default NEWBIE here...

HI there..

i am grateful to have won a free year at LA.. i have always wanted to do this.. but being a single mom.. it wasnt financially possible..

i think it was a blessing.. maybe my mom in heaven picked my name for me.. cause the week before i was thinking with the nicer weather.. i should start walking again.. etc..

soo i went to my first meeting.. was supposed to do the take off on thurs/friday.. but we had our 2nd annual hockeymoms pub crawl etc.. so i decided to wait till monday.. today...

so my first meeting was last tues afternoon.. i started walking tues night.. and walked every night since .. except saturday..(due to the pub crawl)

but friday when i went for other appointment.. i discovered i lost 3lbs.. and havent even officially started the program yet... just making better choices..

so today i started the take off.. but its already too much to eat.. i was supposed to eat a full cantaloupe... ( i have crohns so i can not do the drink) and i coudlnt.. i did eat a piece of chicken breast.. and a few cukes.. and some cataloupe at lunch and in the am.. and hardboiled eggs after school.. and havent been hungry since.. i will maybe force myself to have more cantaloupe though..

it has been yrs since i have done something like this for me.. last time was when my 2nd son was under a year.. i tried the susan powter book and went to the gym.. my son will be 12 on june 3rd.. yikes!!

ok babble over.. looking forward to getting to know you all etc.. and would welcome any suggestions you might have..

thanks so much
Fran
Hockeymom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Fran, I'm so excited for you. Just do your best to follow the program as close as you can and you will likely do great. Take the time to take care of yourself. You will be glad that you are being a better role model for your kids, and really to do the best for them you have to be healthy!

Welcome and many wishes and encouragements for great success.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 04-21-2008 at 09:07 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #3  

thanks so much for your support and kind words..

i used to be a size 22 and went down to a 12/14.. now i used to be an 18 now i am a 16 before i started this..

so i am hoping to get to at least a size 12 but then might get greedy and wnat a 10 haha.. i weighed in at 189lbs.. and would love to be about a 150-140 at least.. thanks again for your support..
Old 04-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Welcome Fran!

I agree stick with it and you are likely to do great. Try as hard as you can to get all the food in. Its good food and it will get your metabolism going. Sounds like you're due to do something nice for yourself. Congrats on the win.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #5  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Fran! I'm another newbie to LAWL. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.
Halichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #6  

thanks so much girls.. by the way i am from moncton NB Canada..