Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Default adderall for weight loss

Anyone taking Adderall for daytime tiredness and/or weight loss? If so, what do you think so far? Side effects? Results?
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #2  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi, prob way more info than you wanted ... but here is the drug insert 'or white paper' for Adderall... I would definitely look at the side effects and take only under the supervision of a MD.... I take a similar drug, called Provigil, though closely monitored and prescribed by MD. I am definitely 'addicted' to it.

http://www.adderallxr.com/assets/pdf...nformation.pdf
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Oh my doctor did prescribe it to me! I am not taking it illegally! And I have to monitor my bp. I was just curious to see what others who are taking it had to say about it
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #4  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Oh... I'm so sorry Aerogora I didn't think that at all... I think my concern came thru wrong... Its hard for me to express my thinking sometimes.... I should use more emotioncons...... good luck with it...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

ADDERALL is the drug that the doctors perscribed for my nephew's adhd...he is naturally "jacked" up..it calmed him down...actually zombied him...he quit taking it. Be careful dear!

edit ~ I am really concerned on why he gave it to you! It is a narcotic.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-21-2008 at 07:56 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

My son has been on Adderall for a little over a year for ADHD. I am just working on getting him off and it is work. He is naturally thin, but while on the meds he is WAY under weight so I can see the pull, but now that he is coming off it he is having a hard time. He hasn't had intense feelings in so long that he doesn't know how to handle them now. He is so hungry that he never stops eating (thank god!) and he seems over stimulated again. The doctors say a lot of this is because of the ADHD and that he hasn't really learned how to deal with life that we just have to teach him and I know that doesn't apply to you, but he was addicted. He feels he needs this med. I also look at his eating since getting off and wonder if you would gain the weight back quickly as you don't really learn to control the reasons you would be eating. You just wouldn't feel the intense feelings that sometimes lead to emotional eating.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #7  

Default Re: Adderall

Adderall is basically an amphetamine. For some reason it calms down children under a certain age, but hypes up adults.

I was prescribed Adderall for weight loss by a Doctor, under the guise of it being for Adult ADHD - for almost a year last year... during which I lost 40 pounds.

I felt incredible, and was losing weight hand over fist. The doctor checked my heart rate every month--it was perfectly fine. I was working out 4-5x a week, getting everything i need to get done. I am not really ADHD but the stuff was making me incredibly able to perform!!!

.... BUT since I stopped taking it in November - I've gained all the weight back & I think my metabolism is truly shot to ****. My laziness is magnified b/c I can barely get to the gym once a week now. I have a love/hate for the stuff.

I would definitely not recommend Adderall for weight loss... unless you plan on staying on it forever.
mofina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #8  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Back in the 60s and 70s MDs gave their pateints speed/ amphetamines to help with weight loss. Phentermine (used now, and regulated by DEA) has speed like qualities.
It seems to me that some MDs are using adderall (also regulated by DEA) as amphetamines- not to regulate ADHD issues. Beware, they are addictive and don't help with learning good eating habits. But, boy I'd love to get me some

Last edited by kittycat40; 05-05-2008 at 03:14 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #9  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I'm kinda nervous about using any drug that I've seen abused. If you're DR is on board tho, thats all that really matters!

IMHO it's like doing blow for the weight loss. Sure you would lose tons of weight, but then you've lost your septum.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #10  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Be VERY aware of your mood on these types of drugs. It affects your brain chemistry. If you are still determined to try it, be aware that it can cause extreme depression. I have tried it and had severe mood swings that scared me back to reality. I am naturally quite laid back. While taking adderall I would go into rages especially when driving. I had no patience. Then the thoughts of hopelessness on top of that...I can see a lethal combination there. My Daughter has the same reaction to stimulant type drugs. Just because they give them to kids does not make them harmless.
If you don't believe me. Look at the side effects. I think it is unconcianable that doctors are not warning people. Especially when so many children are taking these drugs.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote