Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Default So tired...trying to avoid a binge

Hello chicks. Not sure why I'm posting, I just think it may help me avoid eating a huge piece of chocolate cake right now. I'm at work, and there was a catered luncheon today. I have a huge piece of double chocolate cake sitting here. I'm not hungry, so why can I not just throw it away? I went out at lunch and had both a hamburger and a fried chicken salad from my favorite fast food spot. I'm not sure what is triggering me the past few days. I'm not hungry, and I do not want the calories in this piece of cake, but it sits here on my desk, and I'm unable to just toss it. I do not know how I will get control. I do know I'm so tired of being overweight. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable in my gym clothes. I'm tired of working out like crazy and never losing, because I take in so many calories when I binge. I'm tired of my stomach sticking out. I'm tired of my butt being so big and of my clothes being tight. I'm so tired of it all. Why can I not throw this piece of cake away?!

Sorry ladies, no point to this, just having a bad day and I thought writing would help more than eating. Thank you for "listening".
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Hi Lainey2:

Sorry that you're having such a crappy day! But the cake will only make it worse. Pretend that you share your office with your best friend, who's also trying to lose weight, and she's just begged you to throw out the cake -- you ask whether she's sure, and she says "Yes! Throw out the cake! Fast!" And then go throw out the cake and feel really good about how you helped your friend

You CAN do it!
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #3  

If you can't throw it out, try to "accidentally" spill something on it

Your are tired, if you eat the cake, you will still be tired -- tired and upset -- step away from the cake!!!

shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Thank you so much Walrus, and Shelby! This place is the greatest. I loved both of your replies. And yes, I did throw that cake out - all of it! THANKS.
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Kudos to you for throwing out the cake!
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

Good for you! Give yourself a pat on the back and a big smile -- you earned it
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Sounds kinda like the day I was yesterday. At lunch time I was taking care of an errand and I "somehow" ended up at McD's and had a McMeal, and later a slice of pizza at work.
I am back on track today and there was a ton of a sheet cake left from some meeting, but I just looked at it and said No Thank You. I did take one cookie (med. size) and it was really good - probably made with molasses (sp?). But that was my only indulgence today. But I watched my coworker stuff his mouth full of the cake and it did not bother me one bit.

Be strong! Toss the cake into the garbage bin. If it sits on the table, it will continue to tempt you.

Last edited by Tomato; 04-15-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: I should have read the whole thread before posting. Kudos to you!!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote