Old 04-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 342.4/288.4/160.33338

Height: 5'8

Default Went off Diet and I feel bad, but not guilty!

For the past couple weeks I have been really really busy studying for a major test I had to take yesterday. I managed to eat healthy during all that studying and was pretty proud of myself. Well, I spent all day yesterday taking the test (it think it took me 7.5 hours). Anyways, when it was over some of us went out and I got a little crazy at dinner. Not too crazy mind you, but I ate more food than I am used to and I had a good sized steak (I think it was 10 oz). Anyways, I feel lousey today. I'm not sure if I am just recovering from the test and all that or if it has to do with the way I ate last night. I didn't feel hungry today until later in the day either and that is odd too. I don't think I am getting sick or anything. I just feel mildly hung-over today and I didn't finish the one drink I ordered last night, so I doubt it's that.
So, is this normal when you go off the wagon? Or is it probably a stress thing? (this was probably the most important test I will ever have to take, afterall)
Thanks!
candogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'9

I'm not hungry until dinner time the next day if I went overboard at dinner. I guess your body is still working on all those extra calories. I also feel sluggish for the next couple of days and take a nap in the afternoon.

I wouldn't worry about it. You just have to roll with the punchs and get back on the wagon! And just think of all the energy you'll have once you are eating healthy again.
elanelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

DH and I call this a food hangover. You just ate food that your body isn't used to, and it can upset your system.
It'll go away when you get back on program.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #4  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Might also just be the 'let down' after studying and taking the test. You were no doubt feeling stress until it was over and now you can relax and maybe your body is letting go some of the stress.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote