Old 04-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 367.6 / 353.6 / 240

Height: 5'9"

Default Points for Luby's Lemon Basil Tilapia?

Went to Luby's for lunch and I did pretty well.

I got the Lemon Basil tilapia. It was pretty good. I came back to work and I did a google search and found this nutritional info on it and couldn't find anything. The closest thing was this info on Luby's Lemon Basil Salmon:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Entree
Amount per Serving
Calories 335
Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 0g
Sodium 0mg
Total Carbohydrate 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g

Okay, so if I run this through the calculator/slider, it comes out to 6 POINTS. But when I look in the WW book, it says it should be 9 POINTS.

Of course, the book also says that a 6 oz Tilapia should be 6 POINTS.

Needless to say, I'm not sure what I should track it as. For now I'm going with 9 POINTS just to be safe.

---------

So, am I obsessing, or should I just choose the difference between them and call it 7.5?
buzzter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You're not obsessing. A difference of 3 points is a lot for one day. That's a ton of popcorn you could eat for 3 points, or it's an entire snack, etc etc.

I've never been to that restaurant - is the fish covered in a sauce? or is it really just lemon and basil and some spices? If it's in a cream sauce I could see it being 9 total. If it's pretty much dry (flavored with seasonings or with just lemon), it could stay at 6.

Also, do you know how it was measured? 6oz tilapia is 4 points when measured raw; when measured cooked it's 6 (because it cooks down in volume).
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote