Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Default 30 something Friday Chat 4/11

Wow! Its after 9 am and nobody has started the thread yet! I am getting ready to go workout and just wanted to pop in and see what everyone had going on today. I did get my workout in last night about a hours worth of treadmill and weights and I did feel better afterwards. I think it may be stress thats making me feel like a dead dog these days, I just want to be alone, and yet I love my family at the same time so seems to me I'm just totally whacked out. I will be getting my bike here in a few hours, hopefully its not missing pieces or has jacked up pieces. I would like to get it together tonight so I can get started riding it tomorrow morning. No plans for this weekend, I think I'll have a housecleaning party and invite my kids maybe I'll make it a surprise party, oh they'll love that!! I love it when a plan comes together!
Gonna go bust my buns check in later, have a terrific day!!

GG, I did just go do it even though I didn't want to and when I got started my body said "yes", somedays the flesh is willing but the mind is not. I felt better for it, thanks for the up and at'em.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Trish ~ We all feel that way at times. I love my family more than anything but there are times when I crave some serious SPACE. I'm glad that you made the doctor appointment and I'd suggest writing questions/concerns down on a piece of paper. I always do that because once I'm in there I might forget to bring something up. I'm wondering if maybe you're not getting enough calories in? Upping the protein and fiber might help. Good luck!!

DS has a cold so I gave him Tylenol cold last night. Big mistake. It did just the opposite of knocking the poor boy out... I'm guessing that he got maybe 2 hours of sleep, as did I... I'm running on empty today. I went ahead and kept him home from school with the hope that he'll crash sometime today. He's been up since 12:30 a.m. TGIF ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Joan...I feel your pain. Frankie came home from school sick on Wed., fever all day yesterday, then vomitting all night...I'm dragging today. took him to the Dr. this am...said he is getting dehydrated. I threatened him with a trip to the hosp. (according to the doc) if he didn't start sipping gatorade...so he is on the couch & every 5 mins. I'm yelling in to him to "SIP!!" Pretty sure we'll avoid the IV fluids...hopefully!!

Trish..Hey, I think the party is a great idea!!! Maybe I'll have one too!! lol. Hope everything is okay with your bike.

Alright, gotta go make a cake for delivery tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day. Will try to check back!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Just finished my workout and a little laundry wanted to drop in and thank everyone for all their support. You guys really are the Bomb! The days I don't get a chance to check in with all of you are the hardest days for me to as GG says "just do it". Thanks again ladies.

Joan and Pam, UGH! I hope the kiddies get well soon, I think its almost easier for us to be sick then to have to take care of everyone else when they are. Get some rest later, both of you. Take a quiet bubble bath, that always helps me relax. I'm praying for you both.

See Ya! Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/207.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Oh my...I just came from my 1st exercise class in about a year and I am DYING! My legs are shaking like crazy...the instructor told me that I have excellent stomach muscles for someone who has recently had surgery. She was expecting them to be worse.
It was a painful class but I feel REALLY good...I thought that going to the gym 4 days a week before the class would prepare me for this..NOPE!
I know it will get better as the weeks go by though.

Happy Friday Chicks!
Skinny Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

SKINNY...what kind of class was it? Glad you enjoyed it.

Trish, thanks for the prayers. Just got my first break of the day. I am exhausted!! Joan, I forgot to say I hope Liam feels better soon!! Sorry!! My brain is kind of on hiatus today, lol.

Okay, think I hear Frankie crying again, ugh. I will be so glad when htis is over!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/207.5/130

Height: 5'2"

It was a circuit class. We did alot of leg work today. It's crazy but I know will be beneficial in the end.
Someone told me today that my face looked skinnier What about the rest of me?! I have dropped 17 lbs in about 18 weeks...that's a pound a week!

Joan and Pam...I hope your kiddies get better soon...my wee one started sniffling today. I hope she isn't coming down with something too!
Joan-Cough medicine used to have the same effect on my son. I would give it to him and he would run up and down the halls. It was crazy!
Skinny Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...work was crazy busy today. I made the most i've ever made in a single day since starting at this place. I am exhausted but that's That would be nice because i could visit him on my way home from work. Hopefully that would work out. But im not hold my breath.

CC -glad you got out ot owrk out. I know i always feel better...but sometimes the just doing it part is hard LOL

hope everyone is doing well. spending a nice quiet evening with DH
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #9  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hey guys. My girlie has been sick and whew. She wants nothing but Mommy and just Mommy. She's some better today, but still having explosive diapers. She's running around and playing tho, so at least she feels better.

We have a karate tournament tomorrow and a tball game on Sunday. We are going to be busy!!

Off to catch up on the mountains of laundry that accumulate with pukey, poopy kids!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, Joan, Karen, hope all the kiddies get well soon! It is exhausting on us moms when illness strikes the little ones. BTW, Joan, it does seem that the meds have the opposite effect. If I take a "daytime" med it is sure to put me to sleep.

Skinny, great job on weight loss! The class sounds intense!

Trish, hope you're riding yourself away on your bike!

GG, girl you do sound tired. Were you talking about your horse? Thats' good that business seems to be picking up?

It got so hot in the house, DH is installing our window air. We have central heat but no air. I couldn't sleep last night it was so hot.

Anyone else doing the 3fc 5k this weekend? I signed up and I hope my leg doesnt act up. Eating was good today untill dinner which always gets me.

Hope all are having a great evening, talk later.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #11  

hey all...busy busy day...tried to get on earlier but didnt have time to post..marios truck is still gone..no word from the police...anyways, with the 2 boys gone to los angeles and dominic doesnt have a home pass this weekend i am going to just "chill"..im having lunch and a pedicure with a friend tomorrow but other than that no plans...it will be nice!

to all whos kids are sick: i hope they all feel better soon!

alicia: what is the 3fc 5k walk?

gg: have a nice evening with hubby!

skinny: i think people notice weight loss in your face first..its more noticable espeically if you were clothes that are not form fitting..just my opinion...keep up the great work!

trish: great job on the hour workout last night!..thats wonderful...i need to get one in i havent done anything this whole week..youre doing super

ok..gonna go veg..maybe ill get on the treadmill..have agreat one!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote