Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S185/C145-150/G125

Default Wise words of advice needed!!!

*waves* Hey Everyone!!!
I'm newer to these boards, and I really need some words of encouragement...

I'm 17 years old, and am in my Junior year of HS.
I have a problem. I eat way too much.

It's the absolute WORST when I come home from school. I'm always irritable/tired/stressed out every day after school.
I always end up eating a ton of food, and then I'm not as irritable. But then I feel awful; both physically and mentally.

I'm overweight, and I know it's because of my poor decisions when it comes to eating, and not getting enough exercise.

Everyday I always tell myself that I'm going to do good, but then I screw it up once I get home. I hate myself because of it, and I have very low self-esteem.

I could really go for some wise words of encouragement/advice.
Thank you!!
Chubbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!

I would suggest that you decide what you're going to eat BEFORE you get home. It really is easier to make better choices if you have a plan. So, sometime before you get home (and are tired and hungry) write a list of what you want to eat for the rest of the day. You could do it the night before, in the morning, during class , whenever you have time.

You can do it! Thanks for posting, and keep us updated on how it's going, ok?
Beth

Last edited by bethbeth; 04-10-2008 at 07:31 PM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #3  
Cindy

S/C/G: 289/193/145

Height: 5'4"

welcome! I would suggest if you feel stressed, irritable after school, look into other activities such as walking or even yoga to help soothe your mood. Find some, ANY, activity that you enjoy and hopefully you won't think about eating to control your mood. Maybe even sip some water while doing other things. Just a suggestion. I hope it helps you.
cinderpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #4  

I went from about 110 pounds to 150 pound in my senior year. I hated myself and couldn't do anything right it seemed.
What finally changed it around (way back then) was when I got a job.
I worked non-stop for 3 weeks at a state fair selling pop in the grandstand.
I had two shows an evening and for 4 hours each show would walk up and down the stairs selling sticky icky pop!
Then we'd get a 20 minute break for lunch and as it was during the 70's there was one of those "Hippie" food joints that sold a box lunch that was a whole grain bun, and chunk of cheese, a plum and a bottle of water.
That was all I had time to eat before the next show.
I lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks!
Very unhealthy diet I realize now, but it did jump start my weight loss.
I didn't have any problem with my weight again until i started having babies.
Again, what I did was got busy and got moving.

So my advice would be to get outside and get moving! Get a job and if possible get a job within biking distance. Or walking distance.
Anything that will make you move yo body!
aschenbrodel is offline   Reply With Quote