Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Thur Mar 20th

Morning all...its amazing how i don't have trouble getting up for my alarm when i don't have to work LOL. I set my alarm this am because i have another session with my pt and I wanted to do it early to get a bunch of stuff done today. Got to do laundry, take a a pair of pants to the alteration shop, look for some new sneakers, and start setting up my garden (no planting yet...just getting the stuff down and set up). So got a busy day...will check back later...hope everyone is well

motomom- thanks for the compliment of the pics..I love it to..but its time to change it..i've been married for 1.5 yrs now LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Yesterday was Seniors Day at work ~ I got home and went to bed at 7:30 last night. Cant believe that I slept all night. I still have the dark circles, however I covered them up.

GG, I'm glad that you had a productive day all around yesterday. Enjoy your day off, and I hope that you get alot accomplished.

Lauren, that's great that they want to keep you. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Mom2, Feel free to jump in anytime. We love having new people.

Well off to work,
Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #3  

good morning...another day!

gg: what kind of shoes are you going to get?...for workouts?...jsut wondering...i need to get a new pair too...i have the shox+...and i love them...but its time for a new pair...have a great day off!

lisa: sounds like you were exhuasted!...do you have to work today?..or do you get to stay home?

momto: welcome!..you'll love it here!

i hope everyone has a great day...i better go get ready
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

We had a nice day yesterday - near 50 degrees! I got an extra workout in with DS at an indoor play area! He wanted to go down some of the big kid slides, etc., so I had to climb up & through a maze to get to them as he was too small to do it himself.

Hi Christina, Lisa and GG.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #5  

i had a great workout this am...it was definately a killer...but in a good way. I have only 7 more sessions left ): Soon i'll have to do it alone...but i'm determined. I went this am to look for shoes (sneakers) but no luck today..i'm very picky with sneakers. I also went and got some groceries..i made a killer salad for lunch with cukes, red peppers, olives, avacado, roasted asparagus and some rotisaree (sp) chicken. It was delicious. Made me feel good about eating today. I'm trying to get back into the motivation. I think the fact that i realized despite eating poorly last few weeks i only had a pound wt gain...it sort of gave me motivation that I could easily loose the wt if i just stick to my health eating.

I was wondering if anyone is a size 12 here. I've decided..IM NOT GOING BACK! I'm solidly in a size 10 now and am going to get rid of my 12's. They are mostly my work slacks and one pair of capris...but if anyone wants some, I'd be more than happy to send them to you..if not I'm going to give them to goodwill next week. PM if interested.

Alright guys...off to get the stuff for the garden started.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Good news here, yesterday I found out that they want to make me perm. Today I found out that they are giving me a few senior people, but they want to make sure I can handle them, and they are OK with me, so they want to keep me a temp until then...about 3-4 wks. more. BUT, if all works out good, they will pay me about 13K more than I thought I'd be getting!!

GG, Congrats on being solidly in 10's! I wish I could take you up on the 12's.

Welcome Motomom!

See ya'!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Lauren - that is good news! And the pay will be great, too...
GG - congrats on the "downsizing"!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! Again, looking forward to getting to know you all. I am at a whopping day #2, and feeling great! I am going to rejoice in every day even those days in the single digits. I am so excited to be working on me!

I felt a little sad this morning when it seemed my son was not too into walking with me at night. But then, in a roundabout way, I turned that into a positive. It makes me more motivated for him to be really proud of me. Yeah, I guess it is just not "cool" to walk the neighborhood with your "mommy", but in reality, on nights his dad works late he has no choice!

So, cool or not, he will be striding along side his huffing and panting mom. And in a few weeks mom won't be huffing and panting so much! I just can't wait for that!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hello. I don’t know if I have posted here before, but I just wanted to say hi. I just turned 30 last month. I was a skinny teen, but started gaining when I turned 20. I’ve spent my 20s being overweight, and when I turned 30, I said I was going to finally do something about it rather than complain.

I was put on Strattera for ADD last week. It has helped me stay focused and not binging.

I am not really on any plan, just watching what I eat and drinking lots of water. So far I have lost 5 pound. I have 15 more to go for my short term goal before June.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #10  

congrats lauren..hopefully in 3-4 wk you'll be no longer a temp.

I'm soooo worn out. I started working on my garden...it took me about 1.5 hrs to break up all the grass in the area that i'm going to plant the veggies. I'm worn out from the breaking up the grass with the hoe and rake...i'll work on it more this week.

Hope everyone is well. got to get din ready.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #11  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone.

GG: You lucky duck I am in 12's. I was in 10's but went up a bit.

Gals I am finding all the junk I am allergic too.

carrotts, cauliflower,potatoes, salt,olives, beans{all beans}. Anyway this will of course cause allergy symptoms and weight gain, asthma etc.

At least I know.

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Gosh, Shelia, you are allergic to things that are very common. That is really rough. Salt?? That is in so many things. Are you getting patch tests done, or are you getting shots to find all this out?
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #13  

wow shiela..that's a lot of stuff...esp the salt. It seems like everything has salt in it. Hey pm your addy...and i'll get the stuff off to you next week if you want.

I managed to munster the energy to take the dog for a walk...she was bugging me for it. I think, however, i'm going to bed soon..i'm very very tired.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Christina, yes I worked today. My next day off isn't until Sunday (Easter), of course the store is closed. I have the following weekend off after that.

GG, congrats on being solidly in the 10's. What a rewarding feeling that must be. At least you recognized that you were eating poorly and want to do something about it. And congrats on all the exersize and fresh air that you got today, that will help you sleep well tonight ~ for sure.

Lauren on the job. I will have my fingers crossed. :

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:59 AM   #15  
Smartypants

Well hallooooo everyone! Man I have missed you guys. I appear to be a lot more happy than I am, and I have a very good reason for neglecting you all, and I can't type a mile long post, I just wanted to pop in and let you in on my life for a few....

I had two heart attacks last week; they were minor so I'm just recovering from those. Prior, I came down with a terrible flu bug, then a stomach bug, then I lost my voice for two weeks. And now the heart thing. I do have a murmur, and I have high bp for the first time in my life and I haven't gotten the referral yet to get an appt with a cardiologist so prayers needed. I guess it seems like life is trying to kill me off or something man. Constant crud Fed-March - and no I have not been able to go back to work yet. I will try Monday - again, of course chest pain pending, which I'm having now as a matter of fact. Shortness of breath, laying around all day trying to recover has made my weight SHOOT up to 239.8 EEK! So there goes the Superduper Shrinking Holli. I decided as long as I have to be on my arse, I will x out all carbs, and do the protein and veggie thing - just for a while. Basically like Phase 1 in South Beach. Starting that tonight. Ya know some nights the pain is so bad I wonder if my time is coming. I know that sounds bad but hey, I feel like I can really talk to you guys and open up. It's scary bary over here. Not knowing what is wrong with me. Totally haven't been at the pc, my battlefielding-fiends have missed me too, er, missed me kicking their ever living butts I'm sure ha ha ha. Hey gotta have a sense of humor when the shadows get a little too dark. I promised before and I promise still - I will never ever leave you guys....you are all in my hearts, and btw man the board has slowed down since the last time I was on. I hope you all are still my big losers!!!!! <3 love you all and I will come back as soon as I can, Holli
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote