Old 03-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Have to go to an Italian resturant tonight, what to order?

Hi! I hit 219 today and am very happy about that. Only 19 more # to onederland! It's taken me almost a year to get to this point.

I have to go to an Italian restaurant tonight. Normally, I wouldn't be so worried but I don't want to be 220 something again in the morning.

I found the menu and they have individual pizzas and a mozzarella salad. I could get cheese pizza and take home what I shouldn't eat. They also have a mozzarella tomato salad with olive oil. I am not sure which of the two would be better. I would rather have the salad but I worry about the calories in fresh mozzarella and the olive oil.

After dinner we are going for bday cake, pecan pie and brownies. I will have a tiny piece of the cake but the other items won't bother me. I am working the cake into my calories for the day but have no idea how to judge the dinner. I might be able to call the restaurant later this afternoon for suggestions.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Do they have regular pasta meals? You should look for something with a marinara sauce. If there is an option for seafood over chicken or beef I would also choose that or even better an all veggie type dish.

Portion control will be important tonight. I would also suggest if you are having pasta or pizza that you skip any bread that they put on the table.

An yes, make sure to order healthy salad with your meal (dressing on the side).

Best of luck - Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

My favorite italian restaurant choice is cioppino - seafood soup. But it isn't always available. If you want pizza - ask for thin crust, light on the cheese, veggie toppings. Then take it easy on how many pieces you eat.

A salad with dressing on the side is also a great idea, anything with cheese needs to be a small portion, tho. Try looking up the salad and the cheese pizza on calorieking.com or the Dailyplate.com. A little research before you go is so helpful!

on 55 pounds so far!!

Skip the bread,
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would definitely see what options they have. Pasta with veggies in a red sauce? A side salad with lots of veggies and no cheese/meat?

You could also order a veggie cheeseless pizza. I really enjoy cheeseless pizzas and it has helped me keep my favorite local pizza place as part of my healthy eating regimen.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #5  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Many Italian restaurants have a roasted veggie platter as an appetizer (ask if they only roast them or soak them in olive oil to avoid unfortunate surprises). I sometimes order that for my entree, with a tomato/rucola salad as an appetizer (dressing on the side - ideally, they give you small bottles of balsamic vinegar and olive oil...)
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #6  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Eggplant is very low-cal. Not eggplant parmagiana, but regular eggplant. Sometimes they have dishes that are just eggplant in marinara sauce without the breading - that could work.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #7  

Thanks so much everyone! You have given me such great suggestions.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #8  

Thanks for the help! I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and didn't eat the bread. I still gained a pound even though I was okay with calories for the day but that could be because 3/4 of my daily calories were after 8pm. I have read that what I see on the scale today isn't from yesterday anyway so who knows.

I am so impatient! I am increasing my calories because I had them way too low and that takes time.

Thanks again!

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 03-09-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Could also be sodium....patience dahlink. Ya done good with the grilled chicken.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #10  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Also, things you eat yesterday definitely won't show up today on the scale... it takes a few days. So don't stress yet about the Italian - it sounds like you made good choices!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #11  

Thanks!