WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 03-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #1  

Default Lunch while driving

At least 3 times a week I have to eat lunch on the road... not even parked in my car but literally while I'm driving.
I have been having wraps with tuna, egg salad or turkey that I make myself. They are about 6 points.

Problem is that I'm getting really sick of them. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Christine
Chris931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #2  

I've been doing Slim-fast for lunch recently which is always easy, but other suggestions I like are ot save your yogurt containers and make individual servings of Pringles, grapes, cheese cubes and other point frindly finger food. The yogurt cups fit perfectly in the cup holder and are easier to manage than baggies I think especially keeping FF Pringles whole. But then again I've been known to eat a salad and just about anything else while driving. How about soup-at-hand? I'll keep thinking.
Parsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Bagged slices of apples, or grapes, or a variety of cut up veggies. (Carrots, broccoli, celery all good) Cubed or a stick of cheese. Have you tried different wraps? (Or is it the wrap itself you're getting sick of?) I know that if I only had three choices that I'd get sick of them fast, too. It doesn't only have to be in a wrap either. You can make a sandwich, cut it up into corners ahead of time and eat it like that without it being a big mess. I like the Soup At Hand suggestion for a change of pace.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #4  

Thanks for the ideas. I don't have a problem with snack items, like cut up fruit in baggies etc.
Different wrap or sandwich suggestions would be good...

Soup in hand is a good idea but I have no way to heat it..
Chris931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Chris - I invested in a small thermos for exactly the same reasons you posted. Heat up a soup that can be drank straight from the Thermos. Heat it in the a.m. and the small thermos will hold it through until lunch. Baggies or resusable plastic containers of fruit and veggies. I sometimes just take rolled up deli meat and wrap it around a pickle - stick it with a toothpick if you need to - a thin layer of ff cream cheese gives it good flavor too. Honey mustard is tasty.

Lettuce wraps - veggies and/or brown rice stuffed in a romaine leaf. Roll it in wax paper so it doesn't fall apart. A little goes a long way for the lettuce wraps

low fat cheese sticks are a great source of protein that goes well with veggies and fruit - a bottle of water with some type of a mix in. I like the Lipton Mandarin Orange Tea ones, the Crystal Lite flavors, even the store brands are good. I have a couple of those South Beach fiber drink mix ins to try from a sampling place. 35 calories and they are supposed to give you fiber bulk. I haven't tried them yet, but maybe someone here has.

2 pt fiber bars or cereal bars

There are lots of filler items that can go in the car. I've even been known to pop a bag of lite butter popcorn and divide into baggies for traveling
Rosegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #6  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Wink Pack a small cooler

I pack my lunch each day in a cooler type lunch bag. And that is what I eat each day at work, with rare exception! It is a great way to manage portion control and add variety...

Pack a small cooler and carry it in the front of your car. You can add some fruit, cheese snacks, diet soda, cut up veggies, even a sandwich if you know what days you will be eating on the run...if you don't eat it for lunch, then eat it for supper... Stay away from drive throughs unless you have a plan! You can do this! Bethz
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote