Old 03-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/135.2/115

Height: 5'0

Default And the poo is hitting the fan

Alright, I'm having a really crazy week.

I posted a couple days ago that my job is cutting my hours in half so I will be making half the money. I am just so scared that I wont be able to pay all my bills. I have applied to 3 other places but I'm just so young that I don't think I have a chance. I'm qualified for these jobs, but I'm just so young that I usually don't have as much experience as the people I'm up against.

To make matters worse, my moms insurance people found out I got married last year so they're taking away my insurance. I hope I never get sick because now that I'm hardly working my broke butt wont be able to afford anything medical.

Oh, and I broke down because of all of this last night and went to jack in the box. I had egg rolls. They're 400 calories, so I only ended up going over by like 150 for the day, but I still feel stupid. Can I cry now, will that burn calories?

Last edited by comawhite2818; 03-07-2008 at 12:16 PM.
comawhite2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/222/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile Hang in there

Sorry to hear about your job. That really sucks. There is always a chance though that your current employer would give you an excellent reference and maybe help you in getting an alternative job. If not, I know its tough, I am looking for a job myself.....and the economy SUCKS.

150 calories is nothing. Although crying wont burn it (I WISH IT DID), a 20 workout would. So, hang in there..everybody needs an emotional food craving met every now and then.

Have a great day today! Forget yesterday, focus on Today.
lizziek24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #3  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Go ahead and cry sweetie..don't know how many calories that would burn, but maybe you would feel better - sometimes that is just the release that I need. Sorry to hear about your job and good luck finding a new or additional one.

Hang in there...
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'5

If your qualified then you have the experience!!... Companies want young hungry people....good luck!
Cherrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

That sucks. Definitely go ahead and cry -- I'm sure you could use it, whether it burns any calories or not. But as far as calories go, I actually think it's awesome that you had a ****ty day and ate some comfort food and only went over by 150. You could easily eat 75 under today and tomorrow and make it up, and you still got that nice warm greasy food when you really wanted it. I often go all out when I let go at all, so props to you. And good luck in the job hunt!!
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #6  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

ah, that sucks! Good luck finding something... not sure what sort of jobs you are looking for, but i did notice when I was looking last year that a lot of cities and towns, counties, states etc. have job listings on their websites to work for them, at least around here those jobs tend to have good benefits for their employees (I work for the state and get free health care). I also used indeed.com to look, it is a job search that searches several other job sites so it might help you too. Best of luck, congrats for continuing to keep track of your diet through all this (150 calories one day is nothing to worry about), you are definitely strong and can make it through this!
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #7  

Not sure what your line of work is but I've always had good luck with placement agencies (make sure they don't charge you but the employeer instead) and then only your skills (not your age) make it to the potential employer and they do all the work.

Good luck
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #8  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 235/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey...if your qualified...and you know it...show it...and let them know you can do it and more...thats worth more than experience alone...some hire based on the person...and qualifications...a lot of times experience isnt the only thing they look at!! So be confident girl!!! Confidence is the number one seller in an interview... good luck!!!
mamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #9  

Thank you all for the support, it really doe make me feel better.

Lizzie - You're right, I actually just asked my boss if I could have a letter of rec. Her secretary actually just asked me to send her an email listing what I want her to put in the letter. (is that totally weird or is it just me?)

Lovin - Thanks for the hug and the encouragement.

Cherry - I figured I would incorperate that mindset into any interviews that I have, because technically the younger I am the more years I have to offer them of service, right?

Cold - I am definitely going to cry, but I have to wait until after work because I do have my pride, and I'll wait til after I drive home aswell because I have learned my lesson from trying to drive while cry, its not very safe :-P Also I was suprised that I didn't go that much over too. I think it's because I promised myself that if I was really good this week food wise AND exercise wise that I would go out to eat with my husband.

Caroline - I am currently doing secretarial work for a school district and I would like to stay in the school district because I am going to college to be a librarian and I want to be employed by a school district rather than a public library. What kind of work do you do for the state?

Shelby - I have tried to look into temp agencies and such but I haven't been able to find one in my area, I don't know if I am looking wrong or what.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #10  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Do what I did--- if you're smart and you know you're qualified--- see what local civil service exams are offered! Working for the government= (usually) good pay and great benefits!

You mentioend that you're married... doesn't hubby have insurance that you can join as a family member?

It could be worse, though--- I had a friend who was on her parents insurance b/c she was supposed to be in school full time. When they found out she wasn't in school anymore and was working, she had to PAY BACK the what the insurance paid out the WHOLE TIME since she had been enrolled last!!!!!!

EEK!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #11  

Jen -My husband doesn't have insurance either, it's too expensive at his workplace. You are right though, it would be a lot worse if I had to pay back all that money. So really I should consider myself luck, right? :-P
Old 03-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #12  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I work for a state medical school's admissions office, basically I just keep track of all the application materials for the office, make sure everything sent is in the right file and know which files are completed and which aren't, and I do a little bit for the physician assistant program at my school, checking to see which applicants have met the prerequisites and things like that. Nothing special, but the benefits are pretty good, get a lot of state holidays off, decent pay and its sort of fun to help the applicants out where I can. Plus I get discounted tuition if I were to go back to school...which I am contemplating.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/183.2/130

Height: 5'5"

White, so sorry to hear about this... It must be hard but you should really believe in your talents, age doesn't matter that much nowadays...

I have one recommendation for when you feel horrible... And you'll find it will also help with the jack in the box Go have the killer workout of your life!

It doesn't have to be in a gym (though my best method is 3 hours of tae-bo/step in a row - with a class and instructor, so that I'm accountable). You can go walk 5-6-7 miles! The endorphynes released during workout and the sheer tiredness literally melt my anxiety about the problem and they help me sleep well.
And tomorrow is another day!

Gooood luck!
RaluCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Have you considered another part time job ? Maybe in a book store , since you want to be a librarian. Maybe with 2 part time jobs you will be able to take care of your obligations until something permanent comes your way.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #15  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

awww don't feel bad!
everyone has bad days now and then!
just think that you only went over by 150...it could be a lot worse!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote