Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default The daily plate, Fit Day, do you have a favorite?

I used Fit Day but recently switched to the Daily Plate. The Daily Plate site runs slow but I haven't paid to become a gold member. Not sure if it would speed up if I did that. It isn't my computer, slow at work, it's slow at home on our speedy connection.

I really like tracking online. Does anyone have a favorite site??

Thanks
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #2  
Anime Cat Girl

S/C/G: 255/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I was just wondering the same thing. I've only ever used fitday and it gets really old having to enter in everything special because they don't have the food in the database. And I eat all kinds of different stuff and for the 3 months I've been using it, I still have to enter in special entries every day. Then the food is hard to find again for me. It could be a lot easier imo. I think I'll try the dailyplate next.
FluffeyNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:57 AM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I prefer the Daily plate. I don't use it religiously, but I feel like it has the most number of food items logged in. I use it to look up calories and fat in foods that don't usually come with a nutrition label. I don't track what I eat every day though... I just try to make healthy choices.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #4  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Daily plate. I can save food & meals 1 click and it's in. takes minimal amount of time after you use it for a week or so and set you stuff up.
for instance....

All food you've eaten in the last 7 days.... add to my plate.... click and done. Awesome.
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

I love DietPower which is PC based but I am also a member of CalorieKing and Spark-People

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hey - I am exactly the same - used fitday for over a year but switched to dailyplate and LOVE it but find it annoying SLOW. One thing ya gotta love about fitday is its speed, but then I don't have to waste time wading through food like chicken feet anymore either! So, I'll be sticking with dailyplate because I do love the food selections!

Why is it so slow? Does anyone know if that will be improved in future?
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #7  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I've tried DP and FitDay, and I prefer FitDay (that speed factor). I actually purchased the FitDay PC program (so it's a program and not online) and I really like it. It has more tools than the online one and I like how it tracks meals and the macros OF meals individually. There is still the issue of needing to custom-add some items, but I'm a creature of habit and I've usually got all I need. And it's not all that bad to enter the information in for things I typically eat
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #8  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

TheDailyPlate is undergoing a lot of server upgrades and whatnot right now, so I expect it to get faster. I am a HUGE fan of TDP because they seriously just have so many foods in there, and it's also really easy to add more foods and add recipes. The recipes is critical for me, because I cook a lot, and I use healthy ingredients when I cook - I hate using sites like calorie-count that calculate based on generic (usually high calorie, full fat) versions of ingredients.

I've been using TDP every day for four months now, and I would never switch!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #9  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I used to use fitday, and really liked it - but have become a convert to dailyplate.
Almost every food is already in there, brand wise and all. I have only had to enter one food. I like that you can group food items together for common meals and just select that option and it fills in your whole menu.

It's not slow for me, so not sure why others are having that problem.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend on daily plate - my screen name is javaqueen01
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Fitday lover for years!

I tried daily plate ... paid to see if that was better ... got my money back.

Everything I put in custom foods stays there forever. I don't normally put a whole recipe in, just the ingredients ... unless it's something I make all the time (like my soup). If I find the perfect chicken part, I customize it somehow. That way it stays where I can find it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #11  
Meowsah

S/C/G: 317/239.4/150

Fitday user here. I bought the PC Program. I love it. I am very much a creature of habit and eat a lot of the same foods too. I do end up having to enter a few foods here and there, but it's not too hard, it takes all of a few minutes.

I've looked foods up on Daily Plate before, mainly Food Chain nutrition info. It's a good source for information, but I do find that entering foods online for me is cumbersome and slow.

Noelani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #12  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Fitday PC lover here. I tried both and Fitday is a better fit for my needs (no pun intended).

I love the charts/graphs and the calendar page which summarizes calories, weight, etc. at a glance.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295 - Ticker - 145

Height: 5'5"

I use dailyplate personally, I just love their database too much to use anything else. Besides that, the format of their website fits me better, sounds weird I know. I haven't tried the gold membership yet, maybe I'll try it soon. My username is anrich btw
gracie453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

I like Fitday best, probably because it's the only one I've ever tried, but I'm sticking with it anyway. I usually eat the same foods all the time so it's not a problem for me when it comes to adding new ones. And when I do have to add new foods, I really don't find it troublesome as it only takes a minute.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 286/219/145

Height: 5' 4"

I used to use fitday, but tried DP after hearing about it here. It took me a few times use to get the hang of it, but now that I do, I'll not go back. I love it!! I also did a day on both sites to compare the numbers. And I found that DP was more accurate due to having the actual products info. FD overestimated my calories about 200.
ChrystalM is offline   Reply With Quote