General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-21-2008, 11:19 PM   #1  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey you with the good taste!

I need help, chickies! I'm a college student, dual art/academic (6 classes a semester makes Bekka a sleepless, caffienated girl), and a jeweler. I'm launching (finally) a website for my teeny tiny jewelry business, with a mix of art and everyday pieces, and i'd really love some feedback on the design. I don't even have the majority of my immediately sellable pieces up yet, I'm really not trying to sell to you lovely ladies, but I'm kind of at loose ends in terms of not being sure what's good, what's bad, and what's seriously ugly. I figure beautiful, talented, smart, and shapely women like the ones here (translation: I'll kiss as much butt as it takes) might be able to give me some pointers. Thanks so much!

http://www.rcubedjewelry.com
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I like your jewelry, some of it I would not find suitable for me , but I believe their is a market for unique , original pieces. I especially liked a pair of earrings that are marked sold. Good luck. Congratulations on your great weight loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #3  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Oh man all of the necklaces I liked were sold already :-( I'm a big supporter of handmade jewelry, most of my pieces are either handmade or vintage.

For some of the pictures, especially for pieces made of silver, there was a slight glare. Also it may be easier on the eye if you put silver on a darker background.

I like a lot of the jewelry you made. Have you ever heard of Etsy? I would check it out.
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

I think all of your jewelry is beautiful! Some pieces are more on the "artistic" side, and others more wearable. As for the "artistic" pieces, they aren't so much my taste but I know many women (mostly 40s-60s and teachers or professors, for what it's worth) who wear that type of jewelry. It's nice to see a talent such as yourself going into the profession

Last edited by Azure; 02-22-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:10 AM   #5  
Bekka

Thanks guys! There will be a lot more up really to sell soon, I was just hoping to get feedback on usability, general layout, all that good stuff. I absolutely need to get new photos, it's just expensive! Thanks for taking the time.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I think the website is pretty good (fyi, i like the jewlery too). Its easy to navigate, loads quickly and you have FAO page too. Now i'm not a web designer...so others may disagree with my opinnion. But when i do shopping on the web, I want a web site that i can easily find what i'm looking for and move around the pages easily. You had a nice easy for the eyes layout. I liked the colors - bold but not obnoxious. I personally thought the web page looks good. Hope that helped.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Website: It's easy to navigate (huge plus), but I'd like to see more detail pictures. The matching necklaces with earrings, it was difficult to see the earrings. And I like at least one close-up picture of jewelry if I'm buying online. The site also looks "clean" it's not cluttered up. And I like simple, clean layouts.

Jewelry: I'm a big fan of handmade, unique styles. So to me, the jewelry is gorgeous. ^^ But, there are those several art jewelry pieces that are very "this is art". If you know what I mean. You may, in the future, want to separate the ones you can tell are more "this is art" and keep them only in the separate Art Jewelry section. Still for sale (if that's what you want to do) but it also won't deter a person just looking for pretty, handmade jewelry to wear and buy.

Last edited by Lovely; 02-22-2008 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Spellin'
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #8  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I checked it out also, very cool. I liked much of it...and as said earlier in the thread..some is very artistic and other more everyday (as in more mainstream, I guess)...but all VERY NICE!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #9  
Bekka

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I've simplified the contact info a little too. More pics will be up later today. Thanks for taking the time!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #10  
Bekka

I've uploaded tons of new work if anyone is interested... I'm such a geek, I get so overexcited about this stuff.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by improbable View Post
I've uploaded tons of new work if anyone is interested... I'm such a geek, I get so overexcited about this stuff.
Nice new stuff

Just wanted to let you know, though, that the links on the Gallery page, if I click on the pictures, (not the word links on the left) are giving me a 404 Not found. The word links on the left work correctly.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:51 PM   #12  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

One thing you might want to think about is your image quality for your main banner and the picture on the home page. It's a bit fuzzy. Are they gifs of jpgs?

The navigation is simple and easy...which is good. It will appeal to a larger group of people.

I really like your logo. It's nice, other than the fact I am not a big fan of that particular cursive font, or the one in the navigation.

Good luck with your business! Your jewelry is beautiful. I like the artsy pieces hehe. I guess it's all the studio art classes I've had to take
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I love the artistic jewelery...the Jewish cuff bracelet is ABSOLUTELY FREAKING gorgeous.

I think that you should definitely explore making some similar bracelets, with other themes to them...if you would like some of my ideas for similar bracelets, I would love to discuss it!

I also love the ring with the sapphire, the one on the right of the ring page. I LOVE artistic jewelry. (I don't like jewelry that looks like everyone in the world has one.)
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #14  
Bekka

Aphil, I'd love to hear your ideas, I often get so focused on "my" concepts that I get in a little of a rut, hearing someone else's ideas opens up all kinds of new doors. I'll PM you as well in case you're not checking back Thanks for the feedback, guys!