Old 02-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #1  

Default Spark people question

I've used Fitday for years but am so frustrated with having to add so many custom foods, so I signed up with Spark people today. So far I like it, but I would like to be able to see how much fiber I am eating each day. There is a place to input the info when you do custom foods, but it doesn't come up in the daily totals or the reports. Is there a way this can be changed? Thanks!
KathleenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Click on 'Nutrition' then on 'change nutrition goals'. Then you can click on 'add another nutrient to track'. You'll get a drop down menu of different nutrients. I think fiber automatically pops up 25-35g per day and you can change that.

Then it will automatically show on the bottom of your main nutrition page. Hope that helped.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Is there a reason that Spark people is ***'d out on this site? Is it because FitDay is a sponsor/advertiser?

I use SP and have for the entire year+ I've been losing and really like them, but I noticed when I first posted about them, my post got censored.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #4  
Meg

Fitday isn't a sponsor here -- it just gets mentioned frequently because a lot of people like it.

SP is in the forum censor because they bombarded us with spam about two years ago, when they were first getting started and trying to get publicity. We were deleting multiple posts every day from "new members" (really spammers) and it was taking up a lot of time and resources. So Suzanne eventually had to add the site to the censor to stop the spam. If you've been around 3FC for long, you know that WE HATE SPAM!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #5  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
We were deleting multiple posts every day from "new members" (really spammers) and it was taking up a lot of time and resources. So Suzanne eventually had to add the site to the censor to stop the spam. If you've been around 3FC for long, you know that WE HATE SPAM!
How do you know if a new member is a spammer? I'd hate to make one of them a buddy!!!
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Ah, I was just curious! At one point I mentioned logging my meals in SP and when my post posted, all I saw were ****. I was a little surprised.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 02-19-2008 at 12:46 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #7  
Meg

Sue, spammers are VERY obvious. If you see a first post from a brand new member who says "wow, you should go check out a certain diet pill or site", then it's pretty clearly a spammer. Real members tend to say hi, introduce themselves, ask questions, make friends, and generally act like everyone else here does.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote