Old 02-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 2/18/08

Wow! Lots of posts to read last week. It's great to hear from all of you.

I played golf on Friday and really didn't do too bad, but as we were finishing up, I was attacked by no-see-ums. I have over 50 bites on my legs. They itch like terrible. I've put some stuff on them, but ow! DH was with me and althought he was bothered by them, he doesn't have one bite! I said "it's because I'm so sweet."

On Saturday, I went to the film shoot. It was quite interesting. The whole shoot went really well. I was proud of myself becuase for my monologue, the director said one take was good! That night we saw Bill Cosby and he was terrific. Do you know that he is 70 years old! Because of that, most of his jokes were about aging. Hilarious.

On Sunday, DH and I went on a hike (only 2.5 miles), but it was a beautiful day--high 70's, but not muggy. Then we just stayed home and vegged.

Jane, I'll parrot what the others said, but feel free to chime in any time. This is a nice group of ladies. I'm 53 and live in Central Florida. DH and I have no children, but 5 pet birds. I've been lifetime since 2002 and, oh boy, after menopause, it's hard to get back to my comfort zone. I'm not over my WW limit, but I have my own weight that I prefer. BTW, WI is tonight--wish me luck.

Melissa, I hope that the new med works for you. I know how frustrated you have been. Sorry about your cold weather--that's why I don't live up north any more.

Lori, Oh yuck on being sick. Hope today is a better day. The man across the hall from me was complaining last week about being cold, achy and tired. I sent him to his MD and good thing--he was able to take advantage of Tamiflu and his flu symptoms went away in a couple days.

Tanya, Woo-hoo, good for you for getting a call-back. I know that you will impress the doctor. Keep us posted. Sorry about Jax--poor guy has had a bad winter.

Theresa, Las Vegas and the Bellagio! Wow! That is supposed to be a top-notch place and you had a suite. Neat stuff. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Did you win any money?

Hello to Pam and Susan.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Hello Ladies,

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes on my interview. I am eager to meet the Doctor on Wednesday morning, but also nervous.

Luckily DS's stomach bug was only a 24hr thing. Unfortunately DH now has it and he was so sick he had to call into work last night. That NEVER happens. He seems a little better this morning, but he feel like he's been hit by a truck. He got it worse than Jax. I am praying that I don't catch it. I have been disinfecting everything and I slept on the couch last night to avoid sleeping in our room, which was an incubator for germs all day yesterday.... eeewww.

Lori,

Lisa, I am glad you had such a fun weekend. You always have so much going on. I like to keep busy myself, but lately w. all the sickness going around, it's been hard. I have been hitting the gym most days and I have been eating well. I was down another 2# at this pas Friday's WW meeting. I am also busy trying to get together the final details for DH's surprise 30th b-day party. I am pretty much done--just have to order the cake. I was hoping to get a scrapbook together but I haven't had time to do it. I planned on getting it done while he was away for work, but DS took up most of my time being so sick. Oh well, I will figure something out.

Hello to Theresa, Jane, Melissa and Pam

Last edited by tanya1979; 02-18-2008 at 11:41 AM.
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #3  

Hi Ladies,

Wow it was fun reading all of last weeks posts. I love it when it's busy here! I had a pretty uneventful weekend and have only a two day work week this week...Yippeee!

Jane welcome. I'll be 46 in a few weeks and have 2 children ages 24 and 19. This is a fun supportive group...glad you can join us!

Tanya hope you don't get what Jax and your DH have. And good luck with your interview!

Lisa Bill Cosby has a house in MA not too far from where I live. I've seen him speak in Springfield several times. He is a very funny man. Sounds like you did very well with the shoot!

Hi to everyone else...I'll be back a little later with a longer post. I've got to run to a meeting now. Talk to you later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #4  

Tanya, Oooh, my bad, I meant to congratulate you on your loss! Woo-hoo. Go, Tanya, go Tanya.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon everyone! Weather here continues to be a roller coaster--yesterday we hit 52 degrees and this morning the temps are in the mid 30's and by tonight we'll be in the 20's.

I had a pretty good weekend--DS #2 and I went shopping on Saturday afternoon and I was able to stop by my favorite beach glass jewelry store and buy a new necklace. My father-in-law gives me $$ for Christmas and the past few years I've made it a point to buy a piece of jewelry rather than clothing or something that I'll only get minmal usage out of.

Tanya: I sure hope you don't catch that virus! I was pretty lucky when the boys were little and didn't catch their bugs. The big thing is to keep washing your hands. Congrats on the weight loss!!

Jane: I don't feel like a mother-in-law and still can't quite grasp it at times. DS #1 wasn't involved in sports (i.e. football); his passion was bowling when he was in grade school/high school and even college. We went to a lot of tournaments when he was younger. DS #2 is involved in football. Both the boys and DH play rugby.

Lisa: Your weather sounds wonderful! The sun was out here for a little bit this afternoon but it's disappeared again.

Theresa: Sounds like you had a fun time in Vegas.

Pam: How did you manage a 2-day work week? We're gearing up here so things are pretty busy. Break is in 2 weeks so the campus will be quiet.

Lisa: I enjoy Bill Cosby and have his CD "Himself". The new meds seem to be kicking in pretty quick and I feel more energized so that's a good thing.

I'll catch up more later!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #6  

Lori I'm sorry you've been feeling so badly, I hope you're better soon. Take care of yourself and try to get some rest.

Melissa I'm taking a few days off this week to look at colleges Lauren is interested in. It will be nice to spend some time with her. She was involved in a fairly serious car accident last Thursday. She's fine but her jeep was totaled. She hit a patch of black ice and flipped it over. I can't believe she wasn't injured...thank God!

Well ladies it's a rainy gloomy Monday and it seems like everyone I've been in contact with today is in a gloomy mood. I sure hope we see some sunshine tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:09 PM   #7  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone. Not much going on here. I wasn't able to sleep very well so I just got up and walked on my treadmill instead. I'll just go back to bed a little earlier tonight before I go to work at midnight (I work from midnight until 10 am, sounds weird but I love it.) I usually come home, sleep a 2-3 hours, get up, exercise, do errands, make dinner, eat, etc. and then go back to sleep again for about 4 hours before work.

Lisa-thanks for the welcom I'm wondering about menopause myself since I've noticed myself getting just a little thicker around my waist but none of my habits have changed You are in a movie? Will it be something we will be able to see? Good luck on your weigh-in I always get stressed out before weighing which I know is stupid since there are so many variables but I can't seem to stop!

Tanya-hope your husband feels better quickly. His surprise birthday party sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Pam-Lucky you having a 2 day work week! I forgot today is a holiday so we still have to work but at least we get holiday pay!

Modkittn (Lori, right?)-Hope you feel better soon, sounds bad

Melissa-Oh brrrrr!!! I was born in Chicago & lived in Michigan all my teen years so I used to know what that is like! I've lived here for about 27 years now so I'm totally acclimated and I'm a weather wimp!!!
We have been a total sports family with the kids (which is funny because I'm not particularly into sports). My kids all played baseball and basketball and then when my younger son started high school he decided to take up tennis. We have no idea where that came from! He loves it. He is doing great. Took me awhile to figure tennis out but I like it now.

Ok, off to get ready for bed. Have a great day ladies. Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #8  

Well, ladies, I went to WI last night and I was down 3#. I was thrilled. I've been so blue lately because I was trying so hard and nothing was coming off! I still have a way to go to get to my most comfortable weight. Gosh it's difficult the older I get.

I couldn't sleep last night (must be contagious, Jane); DH was snoring so loudly that I went into the spare bedroom. Well, during the night I pulled something in my upper back! It hurts so bad. I called my chiropractor and I hope he can see me first thing. I have no idea what I did, but I was in the guest bed and it's not our Sleep Number bed which I love. I rarely have aches and pains with that bed.

Pam, That must be interesting seeing the different colleges. Sorry to hear about Lauren's accident; she's a lucky woman. I can't imagine flipping my vehicle over. How is DH doing BTW?

Jane, I, too, am a weather wimp. I grew up in Ohio, lived in Virginia and Missouri and then ended up in Florida (22 years ago). I do not handle the cold well. Your work hours are strange--what do you do? The movie will go straight to DVD and when it's finished, I'll post the site. It won't be showing in theaters. It's a small independent film. Here is the site if you want to take a look. There are production photos on the site and it shows what scenes I was in last Saturday. http://vacanthouse.angelfire.com/
Old 02-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #9  

Morning everyone! We're under a lake effect snow storm warning--the drive into work this morning was "white knuckle"--the system is stalled along the lakeshore so we're getting pounded. There was about 9" of snow in my driveway and visibility was pretty bad, it was one of the worst drives to work I've had in a long time!

Pam: I hope this storm system isn't heading your way! Have fun looking at colleges with Lauren. Mark is most likely going to be coming here when he graduates but there's always that possibility he may want to go to one of the colleges that are in our network; we'll see. Thank goodness Lauren wasn't hurt! That had to have been really scary. I've never flipped my car and really don't want to experience that.

Lisa: Way to go on the loss!!! My DH is a snorer too and if I don't get to sleep before he starts I'll spend the night tossing and turning--it's no fun!

Jane: I used to travel to Chicago quite a bit (I love going downtown) and have been to Michigan a number of times. I enjoy the changing seasons, although will admit that the older I get the less I like the snow/ice of winter.

Lori: I hope you're feeling better. There's a lot of flu, colds, bronchitis going around here.

Tanya: Hope everyone in your house is feeling better.

I went to physical therapy yesterday for my shoulder and he said there is definitely something going on with my rotater cuff and he gave me some exercises to do. I go back on Thursday morning.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #10  

Melissa that drive in sounds horrible. Hope things get better for trip home. I'm so sick of winter. It seems like we've been getting hit with more freezing rain than snow. Today the sun is actually shining, but we could get some bad weather returning tomorrow. I hope you don't have a rotator cuff problem. I was treated for that in Jan 2007 and ended up going to physical therapy for 6 weeks. It took almost a full year before it felt a little better. Ultimately, I'll have to have surgery to correct it but I'm not ready to do that yet.

Lisa DH is doing very well. He's working full time again and has no physical restrictions. He's also continuing to lose weight and would like to be at his goal weight by Spring. Unfortunately, like your DH he is a snorer also I checked out the movie web site you attached, you look fantastic. Please let us know when it is on video.

Jane I also think I might be in perimenopause. My waist is getting thicker and that's an area where I didn't gain weight before. I keep thinking I'm too young for that but my doctor tells me I'm at the age where it begins.

Well ladies, time to get some lunch. I will try to resist the BBQ chicken wings and potato wedges they are serving in our Cafe today.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #11  

Pam, thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear about your DH--that's great that he's losing. Is he doing WW? What is it with these snoring husbands?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

Congratulations on the loss Lisa. I checked out the production photos and you look so thin! I thought movies were supposed to add 10#!

Is there anyone whose DH doesn't snore? Mine says that I snore when I'm REALLY tired, but I wonder how he knows. He can sleep through anything, but I have to wear earplugs. Especially if I don't get to sleep first.

Sounds like most of you are having some awful weather. You can count me in as a weather wimp. I like it to be cold while I'm Christmas shopping, but once New Year's Day arrives I'm ready for spring.

Gotta go get changed so I can go run. I'm up to 1/2 mile x 2, but am going to try and make x3 today. So far, I've managed to stay OP this week and now that all my extracurricular events are over I'm feeling more motivated not to cheat.
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #13  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good evening It's my night off and I need it! I did take a couple hour nap when I got home today & then went to Curves and also did the elliptical. I weigh tomorrow (I just do it myself at home)

Pam-I missed that about your daughter Lauren having a car accident. How scary. Thank God she's ok!

Lisa-Wow 3#!!! That is great. You being in that movie is fascinating (to a civilian like me!!). I am a police dispatcher, that's why I work all those weird hours (and holidays!).

Melissa-ouch, hope those exercises help your shoulder. I had a car accident a few years ago and had to have a plate & pins put in my ankle and it was amazing how physical therapy built my leg back up and made it good as new.

Theresa-way to go on your running. My husband sometimes tells me I snore too but I can't understand when he would notice because he snores ALL NIGHT LONG which to me means he's alseep!

Ok, not much else to report from here. Hopefully I'll have good news to report on my weigh-in, I just hope for a maintain. Have a good evening. Talk to you tomorrow. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #14  

My DH is a huge snorer--you can hear him downstairs in the living room with our bedroom door closed on some nights. I have to admit that lately he hasn't been as bad so I'm not sure what's going on with that!

Went to my meeting at noon and my leader/friend weighed me and beforehand she asked me what I thought and I told her honestly I can't tell anymore--I thought I would've been down last week and didn't see any change so this week I really wasn't expecting much. Well....I stepped on the scale and she said, "hold still"...you're not gonna believe this...I was down 4#!!! How did that happen??? I haven't done anything different so I'm going to wait and see what next week brings. I'm wondering if my change in meds is part of the loss...I'm not complaining mind you.

Pam: The drive home last night was way better than the drive in! Our area (downtown) got hit harder than the airport where they get the "official" counts from. I picked up my xrays last night and will take them with me on Thursday morning.

Lori: Take it easy! You don't want to have a "relapse" with being sick again because you tried to do too much too soon.

Jane: I'm working on the exercises, although I'll admit it makes my shoulder burn/sore but I'm still doing them. I use a band so it's pretty portable.

Theresa: Like you, I like the cold/winter type weather for Christmas and would love it if it disappeared after New Year's Day! We've had snow as late as the end of April.

Tanya: Hope the interview went well today!

The sun was out for a little bit and it's amazing how much better a person feels when you get that blast of vitamin D. I'm counting down the days to spring.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #15  

OK, here we go again. While I was typing my reply, it disappeared. This site is haunted sometimes!

It's a beautiful day here today--70's and sunny. I just returned from lunch for a coworker who is transferring to Rochester. NY. I bought him a blanket. I'm not sure I told you, but I hurt my upper back during the night on Sunday. I have an articulated rib and it is sore. I went to the chiropractor and was doing good and then during the night, it popped again. This is frustrating.

Theresa, Thanks for the nice comments about my movie. Yes, I was worried about the "10 pound" issue, but it seems okay. Good for you for running. I've tried it off and on, but my hamstrings don't like it. I ran a 10K last year. I could walk all day though. One of our posters, Susan, is a big-time runner. She's done half-marathons. I wonder where she's been?

Melissa, Wow!! Down 4#? I'll bet it is your med change. That is just great. So your husband snores, too? It's an epidemic.

Lori, Glad you're back to work, but as Melissa said, don't push yourself.

Tanya, Let us know how the interview went! We're all rooting for you.

Jane, That's right--you told us you are a dispatcher. That explains the weird hours for sure. I don't know how you do it. I'm a morning person and I have a set schedule. Don't mess me up or .. Let us know how WI went.