Old 02-18-2008, 07:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat ~ Monday 2/18

Hello all,

GG, I can certainly feel your frustration. Do you have to work today? Hopefully you can relax.

I have to work today. Of course we have the big sale (when don't we ), and markdowns to do, stock to put out, and tomorrow starts a different sale ~ so I need to set another sale. Ugg! Sounds like I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Hope all of you have a great day.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Good mirning everyone!!

Kids are off, having some friends over today with ther mom, so I need to straighten up a bit. Just got done my ab workout...whew it kicks my butt!!

Rainy, crummy day today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better

Beach, congrats on your party!! Sounds like you & DH had a great weekend!!

Joan, hope you enjoyed your fire/book last night. Thanks for the tips on the pork..you too Alicia!!

GG, hope your day is better today...seems like I'm always saying that to you!!

Lauren, lisa, Hanna, Jasmine, fighting, danger, everyone else who excapes me right, now, HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!!

Gotta hit the shower & clean a bit. Will check back later!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #3  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all,

Just dropping in before we start our day. Son is off to school and husband is off to work. Daughter and I will be leaving for school soon. Stuck some chili in the crockpot because son has after school activities. By the time we get home husband is usually already home or not far behind. I love my crockpot. I use it all the time. Hopefully I can get my workout in between classes at school since that will be my only chance to do it until after the kids go bed. Hope you all have a good day.
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #4  

well im working today...so far i think it looks like lisa and i are the only ones..anyone else?...no school for either of the boys...oh well...i get a lot done on holidays..usually because i stay longer with my little one at grandmas

lisa: dont work too hard!

pam: have fun with the kids!

fighting: i think your kids are the only ones ive heard that have school today...have a great day!

well i will check in during work..have a good one!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #6  
KAR

Hi All,
Sorry I didn't post anything on Friday or over the weekend. But I was sick. I am still not feeling up to par today, but did get up come to work. The kids are wondering why we have school today too. But when we voted on the school calendar, it said that today was a work day. Hoping that I can just make it through the day without too much trouble.
Sounds like everyone had a nice busy weekend. I will check back in with everyone later.
Have a great Monday.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Change my name to Bad Girl

I was so bad this weekend. My Husband was gone, And I do not do well when I am alone. I ate almost 0 veggies this weekend. ate too much animal fat. too much sugar. and not enough nutrition. I only went outside to feed animals and walk my dog. I am paying the price now. I feel like crap! No moose either. My husband said he will never go hunting with any one but me again. Made me feel better, But I am sore from laying around, and my gut hurts. Even my dog could tell things weren't right. He paces around the house all weekend. He wouldn't even lay with me on the couch. After my husband got home, Bamma jumped up on the couch and immediately fell asleep and was snoring like he hadn't slept in two days.
What can I say? it was like a part of us was missing.
So any way, today I have had a banana and some pistachios... so far.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' Chick-a-dees!

Lauren, I love the exercise chart, thanks for keeping track for us!

Christina, my kids are supposed to have school today, they had Friday off.

Lisa, that's funny, it does seem some stores are always having a sale!

Beachmomma, congrats on the party, a trip to Jamaica would be nice. BTW, that mall in Winchester that's my mall, lol. We just moved from the area. It's small isn't it? I loved it though, easy to get in and out of.

Pam, we had weather like that yesterday. It is so depressing...luckily the sun is out today, makes me feel so much better. Enjoy your company.

Fighting, have a good day at school.

Kerry, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, get better soon.

It was a rough night last night here. DD was up at 2 in the morn crying because her ears hurt. The girl never crys over anything, so I knew it was bad. Plus ds coughed all night. We are off to the dr this afternoon. The bad thing is DH's HR dept at work is messed up and we don't even know if we have any health insurance. We faxed all the paperwork 3 weeks ago, we find out today the person we faxed them to is no longer with the company.

I hope I can get some exercise in today, eating has not been good.

Have a Great day everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Alicia, I'm sure you'll have insurance, if you were supposed to have it. It wasn't your fault that things got screwed up. Hope DD is feeling better soon! You're welcome, I love to do it!

Danger, Glad you & Bamma got DH home again! I'm horrible when I'm home along too. I need to be working, because otherwise I just graze all day out of boredom!

Kerry, Hope you're feeling better.

Christina, My DH is working today!

Fighting, Feel free to post some crockpot recipes up above in the recipe thread! I've actually been surfing around today looking for some crockpot recipes.

Pam, have fun with the gang over!

Lisa, think of all the exercise!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #10  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

It's been a long day celebrated with a nice glass of wine, tv and the boyfriend. Tomorrow starts the training! Hope everyone has a great day! I am heading off to bed! It is 10pm in my part of the world.
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Wow, pretty quiet here today!!

Duck...Welcome!!! And all the way across the Atlantic, too!!

Alicia, hope the kids are well, and hope you all get some rest tonight!

Well, no playdate today. The little girl was sick, so I took the kiddos to Michael's & got some crafts for them to do. Pretty quiet afternoon. Gotta go make dinner...have a great night , all!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good Evening Chicks!

Howdy to the newbies! WOW! Sweden, thats cool I would like to go there someday. As soon as someone builds a bridge across the ocean. How long do you think it would take me to drive there?

Danger, I know what you mean, my pooches light up when "daddy" gets home. I tend to feel a little lost when he's not here myself. Last year he was gone the whole month of January to Japan and I nearly went nuts, I actually wound up in the hospital with one of my dizzy spells and I think it was brought on by stress.

Alicia, things will work out with the insurance, if ya'll are supposed to have been covered then they have to honor that, its part of his compensation package. Be Positive

GG, hope your day at work was better, just keep in mind that the animals appreciate you.

I had a pretty good day today, the kids all had school except for lil sis and Gma wanted to visit with her some so she went out there and I was able to do the dreaded grocery shopping alone, kinda nice considering it was grocery shopping. Then I made it on time to my Ladies small group/Bible study and we had a really great discussion on priorities. Our service at the women's jail last night was AWESOME!!!!! They're starting to let their guard down a bit and trust us with some real heavy stuff, there's a few con-artists in there but they're pretty easy to spot. Sad thing is there are some women in there that have real mental problems and that is not the place for them, hopefully the next time they have hearings we can write some letters and get them moved somewhere that they can get the help they need.
Well, I gotta get going, kids just got home from school and running and its time to fix their snacks and start dinner. Have a great night and I'll chat with ya'll tomorrow. OUT! Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all,

Alicia, yes there are always sales to get ready for. As a matter of fact, there is a three day sale that starts Thursday ~ I am off Wednesday so I will want to set the sale on Tues night.

Lauren, you are not supposed to count what is done at work. Mainly because you do it everyday, unless its really big ~ like manual labor or something like that. I am not going to count it unless I am moving actual fixtures around.

Today was ~ umm, ~ crazy. I had my least helpful associate with me. I am going to have to really crack down on her. Maybe I can channel GG. I actually said to her, "I am not going to help you on the register ~ I have my own work to do, plus I need you to also do A, B, and C. Maybe I don't need to channel GG after all.

to everyone, I am off to check out my other pages.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #14  
LBH

Lisa, I don't know where you heard that, but as far as I'm concerned, exercise is exercise! If doing housework counts, then doing stuff at work counts too!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Evening Chicksters!

I feel like I've neglected my peeps all weekend;-). It's been a busy one and I've not had much computer time...

Lisa ~ Are you enjoying your bigger paycheck? Hope so cause sounds like you're earning it. Is the department store you work for a lot like Macy's?

Pam ~ good ole Michael's... can't beat crafts for the kiddies. Was the weather crappy in your neck of the woods today? It is here.

fighting ~ crockpots are great. What are you going to school for and how much longer do you have to go?

Hi Christina ~ how are you doing with the lower dosage of meds? You sound great so hopefully you're doing ok???

Lauren ~ you're so good to us:-). Thanks for keeping track of everyone's exercise. BTW ~ I agree!! Exercise is exercise.

Kerry ~ I was wondering where you'd gone. Hope that you're feeling better tonight.

Danger ~ I feel your pain Girlfriend... I felt like total crap the evening of Valentine's day due to all of the sweets that I had in my system. Time to get back on track. Are you hubby's good luck charm for moose hunting? I guess that's a compliment??? LOL.

Alicia ~ Are the kids doing better today? I hope that all gets worked out with the insurance. Such a big pain in the patootie. BTW, I went to Dillards to buy my bras. That is where I went a few years back and they were very professional and helpful. Were you able to watch P&P last night? My favorite scene is when he jumps in the lake. Such a great scene but I don't think that it was in the book...?

Lisa... please advise... Didn't you say that you used to work in Intimates? I'm not sure that I got the right bra yesterday. The bra feels great. Very comfortable. However, the gal had me try on a minimizer and I don't think that is what I need. I've never been large breasted and this bra is making me look flatter. My posture is better but my chest looks and feels smaller. I bought three but haven't taken the tags off of the other two. Sorry to get so personal but the only advantage to my gaining weight over the years is that my boobs look decent:-). Not that I wouldn't prefer to be flat as a board if it meant that I'd drop 70 lbs. overnight lol.

DaDuck ~ welcome!!! Sweden ~ we don't get too many from that area on here. Good to have you.

Trish ~ wow. I so admire you working with those women. Seems criminal to me that in this great country we can't give help to the people that really need it. So sad. It's wonderful though that there are people like you in this world that are willing to sit and listen.

Everyone was off today so we had friends over this afternoon to play. It's been a great weekend. I didn't exercise this morning but was going to do it tonight. DH bought some hard cider that I love and I had one for dinner. Exercising is the last thing on my mind now.... Tomorrow morning though I'm back in the saddle. Hope that everyone has a good evening ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote