Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

Default Need a little Rant!

MAN!! I started to work out a little over a week ago and wanted to get 5 or so lbs off before my PAT's on Monday. I can feel a difference i my cloths, but the scales show a lbs or two gained. I have been really watching what I eat and trying to get protein shakes in too! I can not believe how out of shape I am, but am starting to be able to do the workout video a little better now. I am using the Biggest Lose Cardo Max and Power Sculpt. Just frustrated that I have not lost anything. Guess I am afraid that they will say Sorry, you can not have the surgery. I am down 10 lbs from the first time I was there.

Also, with eating less, drinking more and working out, I am experiencing the head hunger. I hate when my head is foggy!

K, I am done ranting.
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Your clothes fit better because you are converting the fat you have stored to muscle! Woohoo! A lb of fat is the same weight as a lb of muscle obvisouly but the muscle is smaller and more compact. Explaining the fit of your clothes. That's why you are able to do the video easier, you have built muscle! Also could be the reason you gained I would say, it weighs more per square inch.

I don't think your sugeron is going to care that much, so just keep doing your best not to gain too much and keep as healthy as we can before surgery. No worries my friend, we just keep plugging along and you are doing GREAT!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 02-11-2008 at 11:49 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/254/180

Height: 5'5"

I know how you feel, In fact I read another blog regarding the same thing and I will pass along some wisdom that was given to me. I have been working out steady since after the 1st of the year. I started out with 15min. work out 3 days. The following week increased to 30min with a mild yoga at the end and meditation. Last week I have added 15 minute stretch and tone on the odd days. Well, much to my frustration on my monday weight in nothing moved, ughh... When I got to work I was sharing my frustration and a co-worker found an article she passed on to me and it stated that when you work out do not focus on the scale becuase it was frusterating look at your messurments. So.. Hope that helps.
dlm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey Whitelion!!

Well, girl keep up the workouts for goodness sakes!! Think of how much more buff you are going to be when you start the big lose!!! Unfortunately, not only do I have flabby skin, I have flabby muscles. So if or when I have to have the plastics done to this alien rippling mass, I won't have the muscle tone like you will. Now I want you to feel the burn!!! LOL!!! Now go at it, but don't hurt yourself. Muscle is heavier than fat, Miss Gladiator!!! It is not required for you to lose weight before surgery, but it does help your liver out. I have to do Pilates on the bed because I can't get down on the floor. My aim is to put my leg behind my head. SNICKER!! SNICKER!! (I did not say SNICKERS!) The weight of my thighs alone would crush my neck or the flab would beat my ears to death!!! Hey, did you read in the MS that the YMCA is offering a beginners belly dancing class; $45.00 for nonmembers. It is in the evening! I'd love to be able to roll a quarter on my belly and not lose it in my belly button!! Okay enough already. Really keep up the workouts!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Belly dancing at the Y??????? Oh right, you mean where you are. They used to here, but it wasn't on the list of extras when I join in Jan.

Now I will have to talk to them and find out! Maybe I will teach it!
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote