Old 02-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/200/150

Arrow Maybe Diabetic

I have recently had some concerns about my health (having to pee alot, tingly extremities, dragging/tired ALL the time, drained energy) and I had been talking with my mother who suggested it may be diabetes. After doing a little research, I've discovered that I do have some of the other symptoms (extreme thirst etc). I'm a bit of a hypochondriac to begin with and with this information I'm freaking out a little bit. I never really thought my health was this bad!

I am getting my blood tested tomorrow and meeting with my doctor on Thursday. I have just recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism as well. I'm starting to feel like my health is dwindling :-(

How have you guys dealt with this? I'm only 22 (23 tomorrow!!)

~Jess~
thecanadian213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi JESS . . .

My very best advice for right now -- don't count your diabetic chickens before they hatch. You've done everything you can do for right now. You are getting your blood tested and you have an appointment with the doctor to discuss the results. Try not to worry in the meantime. Stress is not good for blood glucose levels either.

And . . . Have a wonderful birthday . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #3  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

I know you are young and that it can be really scary. I hope your blood tests turn out ok, but if they don't, it's not the end of the world. I got diagnosed at 34 and I thought I was too young. It turned out to be a really good thing for me. As a result of the diagnosis I've lost tons of weight. Health can be a really big motivator!
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/200/150

The blood results came back from the doctor. My fasting glucose results were high. I'm 1 point away from being pre-diabetic so I guess I have a good chance of saving myself before it's too late. I don't know if I can handle being diabetic AND having hypothyroidism. I feel like I spend my day thinking about pills and when to take them and when to eat in relation to taking the pills and how long it's been between the different kinds. Blah!

Thank you for all your great advice. Anyone have some advice now?
thecanadian213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Just about the best thing you can do for yourself is to lose the extra weight . . . every 10% can make an amazing difference. . . good luck.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote