Old 02-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Mon. Feb.4th

Morning Everyone,
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Can't believe how fast it seemed to go for me. My back is feeling better today. I think I might have strained it when I balanced myself on a patch of ice on Thursday morning going on our fieldtrip. Have my walking video done for the day. Now I am cooling off and going to hope in the shower shortly.
Can you guys believe the outcome of the Superbowl? It sure was amazing! I wanted the Giants to win, since the Patriots think they are so hot!
Nothing much planned for today. Just working and then probably coming home and relaxing some.
Hope you all have a great start to the week! Stay OP and get some small form of excerise in.
Check back with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...hope everyone is doing well. Nothing exciting to report, just wanted to pop in and say hi before work.

Have a great day!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Kerry -glad to hear that you are feeling better.
GG - have a good day at work!

Nothing much here - just trying to recover from company for the game - and the food. Will need to stay on plan after that! Hoping to get a workout in after Mickey Mouse this morning. We are expecting 3-5 inches of snow here today, so maybe we can go out and play in that later today too.

Have a great day everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #4  
KAR

Hi GG hope you have a great day at work! Hope it is not an insane day. Won't want you to start out your work week that way!
Dawn, glad you were able to enjoy adult company over the weekend. Remember how you were going stir crazy last week from being cooped up at home. Enjoy your workout today!
Hi to everyone else!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Good morning all!!

Couldn't get out of bed this AM...What a fantastic game, huh?? That play that Manning made when he got away from the Pats defense and then completed that amazing pass was one that will be talked about forever...

Anyway, ate pretty badly last night...back on track today. Doing laundry, cleaning, etc. Cadence is still asleep...didn't get to bed until 10:30 last night, and she sure can sleep when she needs it!! Frankie, however, was awake at 6:30...he'll be feeling it this afternoon, I'm sure!

Kerry, hope your back is feeling better!!

Dawn, Cadence loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...watches it almost every AM! Hope you get your workout in

GG...great for you on your dessert choice!! I love pie too, so I feel your sacrifice!! WTG!!

Hey to everyone else!!

Gotta get moving...otherwise I may just stay in my PJ's on the couch all day!1

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

WOO HOO!!!!!!!
GO ELI!!!
OK, I'm done.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

It's been a quiet morning - everyone must be recovering from the game!

Kerry - I think that I am about to be cooped up again - the snow has started!

Hi Pam -today was finally a new Mickey Mouse! I don't know how many more times I can stand to watch the repeats...

Check back in later - enjoy the rest of the day.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Mornin' everyone!

Not much going on here. Monday morining cleanup. Laundry, mopping....

We were invited to a neighbors last night. I made a sweet potato dessert to bring along. Luckily there wasn't any left over.

So, I've started walking at the school's track. It's to risky walking the road where I live (traffic). Anyways, gives me a break from the workouts. Last week the aerobics were really rough on me. I don't know if Tom played a part also.

Okay, everyone have Great day.

Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #9  
KAR

Dawn sorry to hear that you might be cooped up again. If so, I hope that it is not for a long time. Glad you got to watch a new Mickey Mouse this morning.
Alicia did you enjoy yourself at the neighbor's last night? We went to the local pizza place to watch it with some friends. We just got drinks and sat around and watched it with my two sds's. Glad that you are have found the school's track as a good place to walk. I like using the track by my middle school to walk at. Enjoy your day!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Not a great day so far. My 8 year old DS has been sick for three days with fever, not eating, and a sore throat. I tried to keep him hydrated and comfortable because I figured it was strep and would take him to the doc this morning. Then at 6:30 he is throwing up blood. We get him to the doc and he has SEVERE strep throat. Now he has 3 meds and she did bloodwork.

I'll check back in later. It has been and hour and I still can't get him to take the one that smells horrible.
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #11  
Alicia

Kerry, we did have a nice time. Not really into it, but enjoyed the company and food, lol. It's the middle school where I'll be walking. I've promised DD not to show up during school hours! Glad to hear your back is feeling better.

Pam, did you take Candece to the HM movie?

Dawn, it's cruel to us parents how they play the same cartoons for the whole week. I remember Blues Clues. Same episode all week long.

Dare I say I think I have all the laundry done? Plus I got my workout in. Of course after I got the floors mopped it started to rain!

Gonna go pick up Spencer from School. Talk Later!

Alicia
Old 02-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 193/192/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Im new

Hi ladies, I was just browsing around and starting reading your stuff. you all sound like you are great supports for each other. That is what I need! I am 32 years old and atleast 50lbs over weight. I want to have another baby next year but need to lose this weight beforehand. I just got remarried this summer and that did not help me lose weight either!!! Help I dont know what to do. I joined this past weekend and I already do feel better! ANy help I welcome it!

Last edited by mommyagain3; 02-04-2008 at 02:14 PM.
mommyagain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #13  
Alicia

crbowles, Oh, I bet the poor little guy feels horrible. How scary too? I hope the meds work soon and he gets to feel better. It's such a yucky time of year for everyone!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 228.8/228.8/140

Hey everyone. I am new to these boards. Doing LAWL and hope to lose around 94 pounds. I am 30 and live in Canada.
PolarBear2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #15  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

Its been a busy last week for us. Two sick kiddos, TOM, cleaning, working, took out two trees from beside our driveway and much more I'm sure! I did manage to get some exercise in last night and again this morning with my Biggest Loser DVD. I'm hunting for Tae Bo, because I loved it so much before. Did I tell you guys that Walmart here no longer sells regular workout videos? I couldn't believe it! all they sell are a few in the sporting goods section and they don't look like regular ones. I was pretty bummed.

DH is gone to WV today to physical for the Army and will be back tomorrow. I'll probably be on tonight because I know I will get bored

Kerry - Sometimes weekends flying by are good I guess it just depends on your situation - in your case I hope that was a good thing! I fell on the ice before we moved back to PA, the parking lot at work was covered and DH and I decided to play ice hockey with a little ashtray from the break room... it was fun until I was suddenly on my back.. didn't even see it coming! thank goodness my head didn't hit first :-)

Dawn - I hope you got your workout in this morning!

Alicia - walking the track is an excellent idea. I really do not want to walk where I live. We don't really live in a "bad" party of town but there are some questionable neighborhoods nearby that I would rather stay away from. I'm on the verge of trying to talk MIL into walking the treadmill at her apartment so I can workout there lol

crbowles - I feel for you and your son. I was in the ER last sunday night. My oldest DD had strep and my DS had an ear infection. Fatigue and headaches are very common they said for strep. Also the pediatrician that we saw the next day said something about it being common to have itchy feet and hands and even peeling.. just some FYI cuz I didn't know that

mommyagain -
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote