Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 AM   #1  
Working at it!

S/C/G: 159/156/130

Height: 5-3"

Unhappy New girl...Please help!

Just want to say good morning, all! I just joined the community this week & could use a little advise from some you you ladies who are pros...
I'm about to get ready for work so it's time to step on the dreaded scale. I'm feeling optimistic though! Have been such a good girl.
I am obligated to have dinner w/ the inlaws @ Red Lobster tonight though. Haven't been out to dinner since I started my voyage & HATE any & all food that ever lived in the water. Does that limit me to a big steak or burger? My hubby is anti-fish & seafood as well so obviously we've never eaten there.
Jodi N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

So -- I've never been to Red Lobster, either, but I just went to their website, and they have a calorie calculator for their menu. Go to the "Healthy Living" (or something like that) tab and then the "create-a-meal" calculator, so you can plan what you'll order. It looks like they have grilled chix for about 275 cals, which could be a good start.

Good luck!!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

JODI!!! I hate all food that's ever lived in water, too!!!! I dunno, there's just something about seafood that has NEVER appealed to me... I used to eat tuna when I was little, but the discovery of what a live tunafish looks like has pretty much ruined that for me as well.

What kind of plan are you doing? Calorie counting, weight watchers...? And what kinda exercise are you getting in? I just started taking these fitness classes that are absolutely killing me, heehee. But I'm losing weight and gaining muscle, so yay!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #4  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

WORD OF ADVICE: stay away from the cheddar biscuits. THEY ARE SOOOOO GOOD...omg my mouth is watering, but:

they have...dun dun dun 160 calories and 9 grams of fat. AND you can't stop at just one. So if you must, share a biscuit with someone...or with like 4 people.

haha.

They have more than just seafood there too. Like said above, try the Lighthouse menu.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:01 AM   #5  
Working at it!

S/C/G: 159/156/130

Height: 5-3"

Thank you, all SOOO much!
I'm trying to farmiliarize myself w/ this website...I wanto set up my profile better...I'm SO computer illiterate! ANYWAY I AM going to look @ the lighthouse menu!! I'm going oN their site & I'll decide what to have BEFORE I even get there! You Chicks ROCK!
Jodi N is offline   Reply With Quote