Old 01-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default Ugh

So as of Thursday last week I had lost 8 pounds. Then ... DUN DUN DUN. The weekend came. My fiancé is off work every other weekend so we usually go out and have fun. Friday night we went to see a comedian live, we didn't have time to eat before we left so we went to burger king ... I had a Whopper (NO FRIES THO).

Then Saturday we went out for lunch and I ate a Mushroom Burger (which was absolutely delicious) and fries I ate the whole thing. Then we went to dinner with some friends, I had 2 strawberry margaritas ... and I ordered a Chicken Mushroom quesadilla, it comes split in four parts served with rice. I ate about half the rice and half the quesadilla. After that we went out to the bar and had a "few" drinks.

Sunday I had 4 pieces of pizza (smaller square pieces) for lunch, and some scalloped potatos/sausage stuff for dinner.

Now I weighed myself this morning and it said I had gained 5 pounds. Now I know you can't gain five pounds of fat in 3 days (right?) but I feel like a loser (and not in a good way).

I ate better today, i had cheerios and half a banana for breakfast, and a salad, tuna sandwich, and grapes for lunch. And a small bowl of some casserole stuff my mom made for dinner.
Then I felt hungry and ate too much trail mix stuff (about 300 calories)

I did my workout tonight though so that makes me feel a little better, but not much .

My official weigh day is Wednesday, so I'm hoping I can drop at least back to where I was.

Sigh ... why does this have to be SO hard.

It makes me hate the naturally thin people I know!

Last edited by BassAckwards; 01-28-2008 at 09:35 PM.
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #2  

Oh yeah ... Sorry for whining ... it felt good to get it out!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Did you get any water in that day? I have noticed after eating like that over the weekend and then having a "few" drinks will always make you retain water. I would just drink lots of water while you are watching what you are eating and then do my official weigh-in on Wednesday like planned. I'm sure it's not fat.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #4  

Well I usually drink a lot of water during the day at work, but not so much on the weekends. I hate when this happens, I need to learn NOT to weigh everyday (it's SO hard), because if it shows a gain I feel like giving up.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, weighing everyday is a weakness of mine too. I like to put my scale in the closet so it's not staring me straight in the face, and I'm less likely to pull it out of the closet if it's already up.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #6  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

you have got to be retaining MAJOR water weight...there is soooo much sodium in the foods you ate...so don't stress...when my scale goes up...a pound or two....i never count it as i know it is just too much sodium in my system for the time being...although i watch it...i don't always do perfectly.

i know you know this, but try to not eat out so much on the weekends...i know it is fun and hard to give up...but even the healthiest of options out to eat have too much sodium in them...and that just reflects on the scale...and on belly bloat.

eat well this week, get lots of water in..you will be back on track in no time....as far as weighing in daily...i do it...it keeps me in check for days that i might have "ooops'ed"...
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

salt = water retention! just get back on track chica!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #8  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

I hate it when people tell me this, but here I go....

1 pound is 3500 cals. It doesn't seem possible that you ate an additional 17,500 calories on top of what it takes to survive.

I would say relax, drink water (hot water with lemon acts as a natural diaretic) and don't stress too much. Just learn your lesson from how you are currently feeling and try to make better choices next time (although yay for avoiding BK fries!!!!)
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #9  

Quote:
It doesn't seem possible that you ate an additional 17,500 calories on top of what it takes to survive.
haha WOW I would hope not. That makes me feel better lol.