Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 08:05 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Happy Tuesday

Howdy All,

Where was everyone yesterday, some holiday that I didn't know about? Anyhoo, I am just up early editing an assignment. Ah, school, stressor of stressors. I am really making an effort to weight train 3 times a week, my trainer has me on a split, day one work legs and shoulders, day two would triceps and chest and day three work back and biceps. I can do abs all those days. My body is falling back into its summer form now so I am happy. I still think I may have a few pounds to go (I want to get to 145 and have a 115 lean body weight), but I am doing it slowly. Also I do recommend people go an see a personal trainer, the tips that they give can be fabulous (be wary of the ones with a few weekends of training though)

CK: Welcome fellow Ontarian! Enjoy posting here

See Y'all later

Ali
Old 02-05-2002, 09:06 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Ali - I don't know about most... but after that steller Superbowl game; I had a hard time getting to work. My PATS won the Superbowl - woo hoo! HOwever, I'm totally bumming because the celebratory parade is today, and my boss won't let us off to go!

I'm SO FAR behind on Posts. I was away for work last week and then yesterday came in late from my drunken Superbowl stuper.

Being on business was hard ww-wise. I actually think I did okay considering I was away for 5 days. I probably went over, but over 2-3 points while away from home is good in my book.

I weigh in today for the first time in 3 weeks (I've been out of the office for my last 2 At Work weigh ins) - so I'm nervous. It could go either way. I should lose at least a pound or two, but since it's 3 weeks worth, I'm hoping for more. If I gain, I'll be in total depression!

I hope everyone is going well!!!

Lisa
Old 02-05-2002, 09:19 AM   #3  

Default Hello!

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I posted but I've been lurking! Things are getting really busy-My wedding is two months away-I can't believe it! We found a house though-and we are set to close march 7th! So that means I get to move a month before the wedding-but we're excited b/c it means we'll have our own place to go to when we get back!!!
WW wise, i think i have maintained my brief post holiday loss-the home scale has stayed the same-I am dragging my butt back to WW on thursday, so wish me luck.
I have my first dress fitting this weekend-I'm really excited-we sent out all of the invitations and I am now starting to get responses back-it's pretty fun b/c I get mail every day!
Hi to everyone-sorry I can't be more specific....BTW Ali, I agree with you about the personal trainer-I will invest after the wedding!
Old 02-05-2002, 09:36 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Talking

hi girls,
i've been so busy lately i've not had time to post but today should be a bit quieter... i hope!!!
how has everyone been? i decided to get completely remotivated yesterday. since december i've been boozing and schmoozing like there's no tomorrow and although i'm at goal, i want to get a bit lighter and tone up more. so i have rededicated myself to WW and i'm going to stick rigidly to the program. i think i'd like to lose 7 pounds. we'll see how it goes. i printed off my own weekly tracker (journal thing i made up on a spreadsheet so i can write down all my points) and i'm going to do 3 legs, bums and tums classes and 2 yoga sessions a week. Might try and get back into the running thing - Lolly, are we going to do that raceforlife again this year?
BF is away in Denmark and Sweden for work this week so it's much easier for me to get into the right frame of mind! Last night I chucked out all the junk foods that might tempt me. So if BF doesn't believe me and thinks I ate them all while he was away, it's not true!! Half a tub of yummy Ben&Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk - straight in the garbage! You girls will have to back me up if required!
Lori - 2 months! argh!! what's your new house like? enjoy the dress fitting and good luck at ww.
Lisa - how did WI go? only going over by a few points is pretty good for being away from home! with my new found rededication to WW i'm going to limit myself to one night out at weekends...we'll see how that goes!
Ali - having a personal trainer sounds great. but i definitely can't afford one right now. ah well. maybe when i'm rich and famous...

i'll go catch up on the past few days of posts. hello to everyone about to write!
Kirsty
Old 02-05-2002, 09:46 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi everyone. I have been super busy at work and exausted at home. Did I tell you Emma started walking... I get my exercise with her!! Last night we were at a meeting and she didn't want to be held, she wanted to stand and walk. She is at that independent stage!!!

I am doing well weight wise. I am using e-tools and that is helping me a lot. Also, still exercising a lot. My goal is to drop at least another 15-20 pounds before getting PG again. I want to be lower than I was at the first PG so it isn't a yo-yo effect!

They are installing a new phone system at work today, so things may get crazy here.

Welcome Newbies!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 09:56 AM   #6  
Parrothead

Default Hi Everyone!

Good Tuesday Morning! I am having a good week so far. I am finally getting some interviews so I think the economy is turning around. I have an interview today at 10 and then I have another one on Thursday. I had 3 last week that I felt pretty good with. One of the positions last week they told me I was overqualified for, but they called me back to interview for a management position. I'm a bit nervous about doing management work, but I know I can handle it if they give me the chance.

On the WW front things are going well. I haven't been to WI in months so I think I'll go in this week. I think I am about a pound over goal. Hopefully I'll get back on track and lose the last 5 that I want to lose. Do any of ya'll know how I re-activate my lifetime membership? Will I need to pay for two meetings since I am over goal? Just curious...

The board looks busy today! Hi to all of you.
Jen ~ Emma sounds so fun. My best girlfriends baby is 8 months old now and she is sooooo cute. Seeing her really makes me want one . She is crawling up a storm and starting to stand. She will be a handful once she walks!

Lori ~ 2 weeks! How exciting! DH and I went to a wedding this weekend and had a great time. They had the best band I have ever heard at a wedding. All of us (including the bride and groom) stayed at the reception til 1:30 a.m. dancing. I hurt the next morning but it sure was fun. I only wish now that we had gotten a band. we just didn't have it in our budget. Oh well, we still had a good time. Good luck with everything!

Hi to all I missed, but I've got to run...
Kay
Old 02-05-2002, 10:27 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

To E-Tool or not to E-tool that is the question? What do you all think. I am pretty convinced that I would like to however, I hate to spend more money and continue to be unmotivated. Help. I just need opinions. I think I would use the online journal but I could care less about the recipes b/c I don't cook Suggestions?

Well I didn't have work Thurs. or Fri. last wk due to the ice storms and power outages. I only worked a few hrs. yesterday b/c I have finally caught the dreaded cold everyone has been battling. Actually I have had it since last wk.

B/f's surgery was a bust. When they went in they discovered it was worse than they had thought and they had to do major reconstructive surgery. He is in a lot of pain and I feel awful for him. My free time is spent helping him out and he lives about 20 minutes from me. I am a bit stressed and actually took last night off from helping him. I felt kind of bad but I am sick and needed some rest. Tonight I plan to take him food from his fav. restaurant and rent a movie. I am going to try and squeeze in aerobics beforehand if I feel up to it. He loved the basket of goodies that I made for him. I just cannot wait til he is better. Men do not handle pain well, let me tell you.

Well I haven't read back and caught up on posts but I wanted to ask about the e-tools and get your opinions. I am pretty impulsive soI will probably already have signed up for them by the time your respond But do anyways

Jen- Wow you will be getting exercise by just chasing Emma around. Have I ever mentioned that I love her name? Well I do!

Kay-Congrats on all of the interviews. It sounds like somehting is bound to come up soon! Good luck!

Kirsty- I am very impressed with the fact that you were able to discard Ben & Jerry's. You are a true WWer

Lori- 2 months how exciting!!! Congrats on the house too!

Tilley- Good luck at WI!! I need to go back this wknd too! I am scared

Well ladies b/f just rang so I am going to call him back and I will check in later!
Becky
Old 02-05-2002, 10:51 AM   #8  
Running Babe

It's weird, I was reading one of the Duchess's books and she was saying how we women tend to try and bond over our body woes, it's something that I know I do.

Becky: I feel so bad for your boyfriend, that's painful. I hope he heals soon, I know men don't handle pain like we do.

Kay: Just show up with your lifetime membership card and you'll have to pay in for this month, but then it will be free afterwards. I didn't weigh in in december so I had to pay in January. I am hoping to start attending meetings again, it will be good for me.

Jen: That's awesome, I guess she'll be giving you a workout every evening chasing her. My boss's daughter came into work on Saturday and she's about 18 months and was walking around slowly and shyly, it was sooo cute.

Lisa: Good luck at weigh-in, but if you gain, don't sweat it, it happens to all of us. Cool, I guess your hometown team won, that's great, are you looking forward to Olympic hockey? Team Canada rocks (sorry I am unabashidly biased)

Kirsty: I am in the same boat as you. Apparently at 140 I looked gaunt so, I am thinking of trying to change my ww goal from 155 to 148 and try to maintain at about 145 because I know I had my best body last summer (but it's getting there and I am doing it slowly eating about 23-27 points a day).

Lori: Even one session with a personal trainer can be good. I got a free session at my gym and went to that. I'll try and go maybe once every other month (It's $50 a pop so it won't be that frequent).

Take Care!

Ali
Old 02-05-2002, 11:06 AM   #9  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Where were all of you yesterday, it was so quiet!

I feel like crap. I think I have whatever it is going around... My boyfriend is sick, coughing all the time, my sister just had the upper respiratory flu and I'm not sure who I got this from or what it is. Yay.

But, at least tonight is my night off from the gym night. Unfortunately, it's also my weigh-in. I ate like an uncontrollable animal on Sunday and didn't do much better last night (though I did learn a valuable cooking lesson--more on that in a minute). I wasn't really feeling very guilty about Sunday, I viewed it more as a reward to myself for achieving my goal to stay OP for one week. Then, last night, I had three little pork loins that I cooked with some Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup. I ate one of them and had a baked potato with it and my big glass of milk. I should have been satisfied. but I wasn't. After about 10 minutes, I went back to the fridge and grabbed the Tupperware container I had put the remaining pieces in (the food was still warm) and ate both of those. I'm not sure what came over me. My best guess is PMS (because it's that time), which can turn me into an unstoppable gorge-myself-mobile, since it's close to that time. So there's no telling what weigh-in will tell tonight...

My valuable lesson that I learned that night is this: If you buy meat that comes with more than one serving per package, seperate the pieces so you only cook one at a time. I freeze my meats because I don't want it to go bad before I get around to eating it. I usually just throw the whole package in the freezer, but from now on, I'll be taking the pieces out and freezing them seperately so things like what happened last night don't happen again.

On the brighter side, I spent about 1 1/4 hours at the gym last night and am really feeling it this morning...

Lisa-- If you only went 2-3 points over while being on business, I think that's GREAT and totally admirable! Way to go!

Kirsty-- Sounds like you have your plan laid out, I'm sure you'll have no trouble achieving it, especially if you can throw away half a carton of the best ice cream in the world! (New York Super Fudge Chunk is my favorite. There's no way I could have parted with it.)

Jen-- Would you say that e-tools is worth the money for someone doing WW? I've thought about it before, but I'm already spending so much money to lose weight that I don't know if I can afford something like that. But if, in your experience, it's helped in a big way, then maybe I should go ahead and scrounge up the cash for it... What do you think?

Becky-- I'm sorry to hear about your BF! Poor guy (and poor you--men are such weenies about pain!). And I really don't think you should feel at all guilty about taking a night off from taking care of him. If you're sick, you need to take a little rest time for you! And I bet he feels the same way about it, too.

OK, this post is ENORMOUS, I better get a little work done while I'm here... I'll check back later.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:14 PM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Good Morning!

We're a little busier today! My boss is back unfortunately, but she's at lunch so I can post.
My sister passed the CPA exam the first time!!!!! Yea!!!!!!
It's snowing here today, supposed to snow until sometime tomorrow, but the ground is so wet that nothing is sticking!
I AM going to WI tonight! I feel guilty because I always say that and then never go, but I've missed 4 weeks in a row and it's time to stop that!
They set out the leftovers from yesterdays snack day and I've managed to stay away! I had to go get a skinny latte, though. That helped tremendously!! And I got my milk for the day.
I got on the scale here at work and at least it doesn't show a horrible gain, although when I look in the mirror, I see a gain.
I'll have to go home first but I can go to the later meeting. I'm really hoping it's not cancelled because of the weather...
Hi to everyone! I've got to figure out some stuff for my taxes while the boss is gone, so I'll be back later!!!
Where's Belle?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:04 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

The results are in - down 2.5.

I am happy with that. Although that is 3 weeks worth of weight loss, so I really could have kicked butt and lost more, but considering I was travelling - I am very happy with that. However, to reach my goal of 145 by May 1st, I now have to lose 1.9 a week. AGH! Still, very happy with the loss.

Grace, so what is wrong with your bf? I've been away and haven't had much time to catch up. Well, it sounds like he's got the best girlfriend and you're really being great to him!

Ali - Yep the hometown team FINALLY won the Superbowl. It's our first hometown championship in I don't know how long. 16 years or something. And speaking of hockey - My alma mater won the first round of the Beanpot last night, which is a local tournament and the biggest deal aside from the Frozen Four. I am SO looking forward to Olympic Hockey. But let me just add..... Team USA is rocking as well. With my golden boy Chris Drury on the team, we'll give Team Canada a run for their money!!

Jess - that's a good idea with the seperate serving sizes. I always say I'm going to try that and I never do.

Stacey - good luck at WI. Great staying away from those left-overs.... that's tough to do!!!

Alright, y'all take care!

Lisa
Old 02-05-2002, 01:56 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default E-tools

I have been on e-tools for about 3 weeks now and love it. I mostly use the journal because I haven't had time to check out the recipes. They also have a recipe builder that allows you to put the ingredients in and get the points for it.

I would pay for the monthly e-tools charge which is $12.95 I think (I had a deal that the first 3 months were $9.95 each. Got it at my meeting). BUT... you can also do WW on-line which is e-tools but you pay a weekly fee like you would at a meeting... I don't think I would pay that much for it.

E-tools really helps me with my journaling... which is where I am weak. And it is more accurate than my "guesses". It works for me. If you are unsure, maybe try it for a month and see if you like it. Also, you can do a virtual tour of it at the WW site.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:19 PM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

ok I joined e-tools and I can see why this helps. I am the queen of rounding pts down or just guessing at what the pts. might be and this does not allow for that. I am kind of excited about it. I have been needing motivation forever and really haven't had it in about a month. Over my unmotivated month I gained back 5 pds but Iam sure if I stick to program I will lose that in a couple of wks.

Lisa- Congrats on the loss that is great!!!!!! (OK I sound like Tony the Tiger!) Anyways b/f had knee surgery.

Jen- Thanks for the e-tool tips. I too got the 3 month deal. I hope that it is the motivation that I need.

Well girls I will talk to you all soon!
Becky
Old 02-05-2002, 02:26 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi, everyone!

Well, last night I exercised in my living room (on my air walker thingee), and today I had a big salad for lunch. Sometime this week I hope to go back to WW, if I can ever find a time that works for me. I was going to go Thursday evening, but I just found out I have to go to a training session at the SPCA. I used to use my dog, Toby, as a therapy dog in nursing homes, and I'm going to start doing that again. It's been a few years since I did it — I stopped when I had bronchitis for a month, because I didn't want to infect the old people, and just didn't get going again. So I have to go through the orientation all over again.

Becky: Was it knee surgery that your boyfriend had? That sucks. I tore my ACL about 3 years ago and had arthroscopic surgery to clean out the cartilege and stuff, but didn't have reconstructive surgery. Now I wish I had, though I don't feel like going through the surgery now. It's just I used to play soccer and ski, and I know my knee is too weak for those things now. I also know my knee contributed to my weight gain, because I stopped those kinds of sports. After I had my knee scoped, I was told to do physical therapy on my own, and I don't think I did a very good job. The doctor told me I should have been able to strengthen the muscles around my knee so I wouldn't notice the lack of a ligament, but I notice it! It shifts around all the time. Not fun.

Lisa: Congrats on the loss!

I was going to respond to more people but I have to run.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:38 PM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Countdown to Quitting Time!

I still have stayed away from the leftovers! Yeah me!
I'm on etools, also. I did really good the first month and I've gotten better, but I always forget to journal in the evening and I end up going over. But I use it all the time for the recipes!! and to find out point values quickly.
It's still snowing here but nothing is sticking, which is good considering there are still people without power from last Wednesday's storm!
I guess I'll get back to work now.
Lisa and Lori and Kay....Welcome back!
Lori: Only two months?!?! It's hard to believe I was in your shoes just 8 months ago! Wow how time flies. But take some time to cherish the attention on your wedding day because it'll be over before you know it!! You too, Rina!
Back to work, I know, I know.
Hey Trish: Come out and give us a baby update!
I'm really hitting the send button now!
Closed Thread