Old 01-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Thumbs up My Goal.

I have spent some time looking at the before and after pictures of the folks here that have met their goals. And I must say I am very inspired. Sometimes it seems as though losing weight is IMPOSSIBLE, but if others can do it I can do it too. My biggest drawback is that I am VERY impatient ... I want it NOW. But I guess you can never reach the end of a long journey, without ever starting it right?

So I have tried to make a reachable goal. I would LIKE to lose 1.5 pounds (avg) per week ... then in almost exactly 6 months (MY BIRTHDAY) I will be back at the weight I was in high school roughly 185 pounds. That will be awesome. I remember being that weight then and thinking I was chubby, which I was, but compared to NOW I would KILL for that weight lol. SO there it is. My new outlook ... goal ... whatever you want to call it. I will work as hard as I can, and eat as healthy as possible without going crazy and making myself want to quit.
And, I WILL become more patient, and appreciate all the small successes along the way. I will not lose 40 pounds in 2 weeks, it's just not going to happen!

Thank you for reading lol.
And thank you to all of you who have reached your goals and have inspired me!
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I think its a great goal! 1.5 pounds a week is healthy. Just try not to lose your patience, and if you think you are going to come back on 3FC and we'll help get you through it
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:53 PM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Yay, another Gemini?? I'm gunning to be at my goal for my birthday as well-- June 11th! Very exciting.

I'm like you-- very impatient. I get really discouraged really easily, but I love your "might as well get started on the journey!" mentality.

Keep hanging out here, it's very inspirational! Also, I've been using Fitday to track my calories... I find that calorie counting has made me INCREDIBLY more aware of the things that I put in my mouth. I stock up and snack on things that are excessively low, or no-calorie and I find myself doing really well!

And join us in our weekly chats too, it's really great to check in with people regularly and see how they're doing.

Welcome, and good luck, and congrats on losing those first few pounds!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5'10

Actually I'm a Cancer! My birthday is exactly 6 months from yesterday (July 18th).
I will definately be hanging around here, I always feel better and more inspired/motivated when I do!
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

WOW. My basic math skills are failing pretty hardcore, aren't they? My birthday's only 5 months away isn't it? Geez.

But yay for hanging around! Yeah, it's a lot easier to keep yourself on track when you know that you can go post in a thread,
"Ohhhh good lord, I want a Kitkat more than life itself right now" and have people give you back-up and support!! Sometimes people say just the thing you need to hear to avoid it, or help you to plan to compensate for eating something crappy today... for the next day!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote